Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

Are yous not essentially spamming with a propagandist though aswell?

Like....its hilarious,that unable to get over being destroyed with facts and logic,as regards sf existing since 1905 (yous getting laughed outta it,was car crash interwebbing!!),you have now chosen an opioion piece as gospel🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ah now mike.😁😁 Here is exactly what you were asked.

I am still waiting for a link to this 'recent campaign' of SF's,

Fionnan, no more than Fintan, is entitled to his opinions but they are not links to a campaign by SF no matter how you swing it.

Just admit you cannot link to a 'campaign' and recent events blows your crazy 'distancing themselves' theory out of the water, anyway.

Again, I think we are done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭mikethecop

still re writing history eh ? 🙄

sorry blazz your below the level required for a conversation , reported and blocked

you posted that after getting roasted the other day too francie 😀

after you claimed that you didnt know who michael mac donncha is 🤣 and that he was just a random lad who wrote a letter to the editor .

the blind rantings of a few posters here is very clear on the campaign if you want yet more evidence .....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You still haven't pointed out the propaganda in his letter.

Not a great look here mike to be honest, evasion, deflection, spurious claims you cannot back up.

*P.S. Whether I knew who he was has no bearing on what he wrote, but cling to it with all your might anyway.

You'll get no more engagement with me on it.

• Advertisement

lol to not see propaganda in a propaganda piece written by a professional propagandist takes commitment 😂🤣🤣 even from the most ardent party man faithful , its almost unbelievable almost

it has a huge bearing in how you presented it in fairness and getting called on it resulted in this tantrum , great stuff altogether

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mikethecop and FrancieBrady - do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This happens all the time with Sinn Fein. They spend their time complaining about housing, then they object to every single large development at local level. They want the pubs open in the South, but closed in the North.

It can be very difficult to keep up as they speak from both sides of the mouth continuously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - several posts have been deleted.

Posts addressing users who have been threadbanned and cannot reply will be considered trolling, and will be actioned accordingly.

Let's move on, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

no personals at all , you made in my opinion ( im entitled to an opinion ) a post replying to a banned poster who is currently not allowed the right of reply responding to you

perhaps moderators should remove the offending post to give the impression of fairness ?

all in my opinion mind , nothing personal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

double post

On SF housing policy, why is it that SF NI have a different housing policy and indeed strategy than the one in the ROI?

Eoin O'Broin has been great at releasing some books on the matter, but does it take into account his parties record in the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

ML McD now being given a vanilla interview by Àine on Morning Ireland.

The usual name checking, no interruptions, no interrogation.

Complete free rein given.

I noticed that SF seems to be getting a few soft serves alright in some interviews, but sure when they get into power and people relise they dont have all the answers, they will be getting it from both barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

On the SF housing police...look over there!

Can you point out what you think of the SF housing policy in the Republic?

Can you point to anyone who thinks any party has all the answers?

FG are stabbing each other in the back and caught out lying, it's pretty big news. I don't think any decades old well worn tales of the 'RA will be good enough cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Why would a housing policy and strategy differ which is governed by two completely different legal jurisdictions? Seriously? The legal side of things is only the tip of the iceberg as far as why they differ, I’ll let you research some of the other reasons for yourself because I couldn’t be arsed explaining them to you. That’s without doubt the dumbest question I’ve read here, well done.

SF housing policy is a sham. They are pulling the wool over the voter's eyes but it was more holes than swiss cheese. For example, they are against property tax, which is used around the world to fund social housing.

You know all that housing we built in the 30's and 50's, do you know where the money came from to built them, Property tax, something SF wants to get rid of. In NI, there is no mention that they want to get rid of property taxes in the North, why? Of, that's right, they are in power in the North and are not THAT insane! SF housing policy is built around the premise and lie that they can promise everything to everyone and no one has to pay for it.

Mark my words, if/when SF gets in property taxes will remain, despite all the bluster from SF right now.

Its a simple but blatant difference.

SF NI is FOR build to rent properties in Belfast, yet the same political party, SF ROI is against them 100km south in Dublin.

This is nothing to do with Ireland vs UK, its purely down to SF trying to fool everyone in the ROI.

So you don't know SF housing policy in much detail.

Are you suggesting if SF kept property tax their plan would be good? Wasting tax payer money on sweet deals for developers and cuckoo funds needs to stop.

Most of the social housing went to middle income families. Who was paying this 'property tax'?

Ireland was a very impoverished country throughout those decades. Yet social housing in the 1930s amounted to 60 per cent of total house construction, with the figure rising to 70 per cent in the 1940s

It's plain as day, social housing isn't a priority of government for any income bracket. Even the nu-social/not social housing we buy or lease.

SF do not have all the answers, They are moving in the right direction. The government are throwing good money, our good money, after bad.

• Advertisement

To what end,do you think they are trying to fool people in the south?

Surely its obvious to even most committed liberial,that housing policy here thus far,has been an utter failure and drastic changes are needed?

Build to rent,deosnt aliviate housing crisis as we are aswell off to build ourselves as opposed to following ffg idology of 25 year rents to vulture funds and own nothing at the end??

I suppose SF could claim that they have learned from their failures in the North and are not going to repeat the same mistakes down here. Unfortunately for them, that would just give them the same credibility as anyone else.

Very impressed with Eoin O Broin on Prime Time tonight. The vested interests and lobbying of private developers, cuckoo and vulture funds is there for all to see, in this "Housing for all" plan. FFG's housing policies will lead to another property bubble and subsequent crash, there is no doubt about it.

If the main opposition party has a completely different policy 100 km up the road, then why should we believe them about their housing policy here in the ROI?

The differences when it comes to abolishing property taxes are telling. SF will tell anyone what they want to hear, which is great when you are in opposition, but if they want to be in power, a very very different kettle of fish.

I would have much more respect for them to be a serious party if they cut out that nonesense.

Problem is Mark, that apart from a few TDs they have nobody of any strength down the line.

Three or four spokespeople and a few ‘roarers and shouters’ to get ‘worked up and red faced’ and exhibit faux horror when required.

I would be concerned of the effect this party would have on the majority of working people in this country.

Not a party I would have any trust in.

Because they are different jurisdictions with different economies, different laws and the north has a completely different governing structure overseen by westminister.

It's a nonsense deflection. The FF/FG/Greens are making it possible for PPP initiatives to take over public land, so we can buy and lease it back. These greedy people need to go and be replaced by a government who put the public first.

You partitionist you, suggesting that Northern Ireland is different.

Again with the personal digs. Complete misrepresentation to have a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Acknowledging that a difference exists =/= wishing for those differences to continue to exist.

But of course you knew that, didn't you Blanch?

• Advertisement

The boy Blanch made a perfectly good point.

There are a lot of folk up there of non Unionist persuasion who would much rather

that the UK would bank roll them into the future.

The UK taxpayer has far deeper pockets than poor Pat down below them.

Get my dhhrift?

Advertisement