Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new northern correspondent

Options
  • 30-01-2021 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭

I'm going to guess by looking at him that he's from the other side

All credit to wokeism and all but id like someone to confirm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Like he's ....dead? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

TV3?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Charles Lawson would made a great Northern Correspondent RTE should have hired him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Other side, that could mean literally anything now, like does she/he/they identify as a labradoodle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Protestant?

No, no...Gay!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He dresses to....the left?! OMG! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

dont know what channel, but if rte anyone is better than vincent kearney.

ETA: seems it is vincent. a promotion from correspondent to northern editor?

poor tommie gorman, hanging outside of stormont for the last i dont know how many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Protestant?

No, no...Gay!!

He's neither surprised he got it had visions of George Lee spreading his inimitable hysteria from the Shankill

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If they can figure out what the UK means it will be an improvement. A typical news report.

Politician X is in Belfast this afternoon, but they will travel to the UK in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Snotty wrote: »
    Other side, that could mean literally anything now, like does she/he/they identify as a labradoodle?

Beep/bop/boop

No retreat/no surrender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Snotty wrote: »

I think he's from... the BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Hard to replace Tommie, a real professional.

Hard to replace Tommie, a real professional.

Never liked him, avoided good news stories

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭O'Neill

Jimmy Cadden from Channel 9

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

I think he's from... the BBC
    Henry Sellers?
    The Bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

I'm intrigued to know what the correspondent is

It feels like Tommy Gorman has been doing the NI news stories for RTE as long as I have been alive and that's a good bit of time. Will be sorry to see his unsmiling face go from the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Harry Harry Corry Harry Corry Harry Corry

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Our man in Havana

• Registered Users Posts: 26,950 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I thought Tommie was an epic pain in the Arse, sanctimonious and opinionated. Not once coukd the studio go live to him for a response to a simple question, instead Tommie would commence his lecture on why he knew best.

I commend his long service but God he was a bore.

Do we actually need a Northern editor, just a pointless waste of resources being reminded daily of the basket case the 6 counties are.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Never liked him, avoided good news stories
    It's Northern Ireland it's not like there's loads of good news stories to chose from.

https://www.bbc.com/news/northern_ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭O'Neill

It's Northern Ireland it's not like there's loads of good news stories to chose from.

Meanwhile, down south

https://www.rte.ie/

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Vincent Curney.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

RTE have a secret longing for the other side. Sure isn't George Hamilton an orange bastard. And most of their "talent" would be tarred and feathered if we had a pair of balls between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Sure isn't George Hamilton an orange bastard.
    George's catchphrase, "danger here!", didn't refer to anything occurring on the pitch. Instead he was exclaiming his discomfort at some Fenian or other approaching to block his right to march peacefully in the commentary box, as is his tradition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Of course the vast majority of soccer fans in Ireland are closet orange bastards, hence their vitriolic hatred of all things has (by far a superior organisation in every way to the FAI)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭eggy81

Of course the vast majority of soccer fans in Ireland are closet orange bastards, hence their vitriolic hatred of all things has (by far a superior organisation in every way to the FAI)

Lay off the drugs for a bit. Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I thought Tommie was an epic pain in the Arse, sanctimonious and opinionated. Not once coukd the studio go live to him for a response to a simple question, instead Tommie would commence his lecture on why he knew best.

Do we actually need a Northern editor, just a pointless waste of resources being reminded daily of the basket case the 6 counties are.
    m
    Is anything simple in northern ireland plus he always gave a bit of info from all sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Dempo1 wrote: »

You must've REALLY hated Charlie Bird

• Advertisement

Check Kearney's output, theres a mix of light stuff along with the Brexit/Stormont drudge ,he also got anything that showed Loyalism in a bad light, Gorman on the other had peddled misery and SF stories exclusively, dont be surprised if he gets a position in the FG spin room

Advertisement