Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove fitting

Options
  • 28-01-2021 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good stove installers in town. Its a small stove for a council house and any idea how much they might charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Anyone know any good stove installers in town. Its a small stove for a council house and any idea how much they might charge?

I think it's around 800 for the flue ect.. and fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭larchielads

south wrote: »
    I think it's around 800 for the flue ect.. and fitting.

Already have the stove and flue and pipes meant to say im my op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Already have the stove and flue and pipes meant to say im my op

I would guess around €400 but wouldn't be 100% sure. I'm basing that on inquiries I've made myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

The stove depot witches lane did ours and very happy with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭larchielads

Thanks for the input guys. One guy wanted 700-750 to do it as he wanted to put a liner down from chimney. Its the correct and safest way to do it he said. But i know lots of people havin it put in without it and never had a bother. The guy that quoted 700-750, he fits stoves for a livin and itd be his name on it if anythin ever happened.

Got quoted roughly 400 to put it in with out liner off someone else so might end up goin with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The problem is that installing without a liner is a botch job. A brick or pot lined chimney is designed for open fires and is unsuitable for a stove.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement