Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numbness/dead hand

Options
  • 27-01-2021 6:05am

I didn't know where else to post about this on Boards! I know that dead hands, feet etc can happen. I broke my ankle in November and the ankle is doing great. But my left hand (I am right handed) has suffered as a result of using the crutches. I have that constant tingling of a "dead" limb and I can't use my fingers to do things like turn a key in a lock.

My physio is not working due to level 5 restrictions so phones me every three weeks to ask how my ankle is doing, and honestly isn't even interested in that, never mind this hand!

Just looking for some advice on exercises to do. I know it's definitely not injured but numb due to circulation because of the position of my wrist using the crutches. My mother got a "dead leg" once having sat in the same place for two days straight and said it can take a few months to come right!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Physios are deemed an essential service at LVL 5 so closing is obviously a personal decision that your physio has made.

No way you should be getting advice for it on here anyway. I know good physios that are open if you want to PM me.

Advertisement