Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not FF related, but has any keeper ever been pulled up on that 6 second rule? - Ramsdale holds onto it for nearly 20 seconds every time.

Haven’t seen it for years. After it was first brought in refs would call it the odd time.

I have a memory of Shearer scoring a belter of an indirect free kick one time although that could have been a pass back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thanks for this update.

DCL is on a shortlist of 2-3 for me to bring in this GW so I might avoid now.

Fixtures look good though and maybe their playing differently against a fellow top 4-6 contender tonight.

Yeah I'd say the fact it's a big game may have had an influence on it. I don't watch Everton for 90 mins every week do not sure if this is the norm or not. But it is a tactic that Ancelotti likes in big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FT in the united game

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fernandes has blanked in all three games he's played against Sheffield United in the league now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thanks for this update.

DCL is on a shortlist of 2-3 for me to bring in this GW so I might avoid now.

Fixtures look good though and maybe their playing differently against a fellow top 4-6 contender tonight.

I’ve gone in on Everton players & im hsppy with it. They have back lot of games & they still got chances.

I held off on Hamez but got DCL. I’ll be going in on Hamez, different team with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FT in the united game

Bruno captained by 2.7 million players

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jagielka up against the pace of Rashford and Martial will be an interesting watch.

He had the last laugh!

He had the last laugh!

Fair play to him and the rest of the Blades team. They gave their all tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Bruno blank makes much of a difference really. Majority of my leagues captained him as well. I didn't want to do it and I thought he was good against pool so I did it. No regrets on that one. 5th capt blank of the season.

Delighted for Chris wilder as well, they stuck with him, amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

seems like a low scoring night all round?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've more points on my bench then first 11 ffs.

This will easily be my worst week of the season hope doesn't cost me to much.

Fair play to him and the rest of the Blades team. They gave their all tonight.

Yea Sheffield United never gave up - even going forward they looked dangerous -

But Martial and Rashford did little to nothing. See today that Igahlo left United as his loan was up, but Ole needs to have someone else that they can bring to get a goal - Shaw is never going to get a goal.

Is Mata/James both really only for cup games and just on the bench as there is no one else in the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

33 with Mo, Son and Dier left. Today was actually decent after yesterday's debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Yea Sheffield United never gave up - even going forward they looked dangerous -

But Martial and Rashford did little to nothing. See today that Igahlo left United as his loan was up, but Ole needs to have someone else that they can bring to get a goal - Shaw is never going to get a goal.

Is Mata/James both really only for cup games and just on the bench as there is no one else in the club?

Are you forgetting Cavani?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

54 with Mane to go, should be about average?

Woods 8pts should Mane miss tomorrow for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

So,

Timo (c) 0 points
    Bamford (VC) 2 points

The most captained player this GW, Bruno 4 points.

I got away with one tonight for my stupidity. Phewwwwww.

Are you forgetting Cavani?

No, but he's only 1 striker - who else is there to bring on when all other attacking players are doing nothing? Martial should never have last 90 mins - but who is there to come in that you can trust will get you a goal?

Dice75 wrote: »

overall average is 31
    top 10k average is 44

So above average is there term your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Average is 32 overall

46 for top 1k.

You're well ahead for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

67 all out (delighted with captain choice for once - sterling)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'd give anything for your score.

Average now is 32, your miles ahead of the crowd for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

No, but he's only 1 striker - who else is there to bring on when all other attacking players are doing nothing? Martial should never have last 90 mins - but who is there to come in that you can trust will get you a goal?

They have Greenwood, cavani, martial and rashford as outright attackers that can play wide or central. Maybe they could do with one more but United pay 6 figures or close to 6 figures a week to Mata, Lingard, Phil Jones, Rojo and Romero and they contribute sweet fcuk all so you need to remember they have a lot of dead money in their squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

overall average is 31
    top 10k average is 44

So above average is there term your looking for.
    Average is 32 overall

46 for top 1k.

You're well ahead for now.

Yeah sorry, more meaning should end up average for week after Son/Kane/Salah points kick in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

61 with son and salah to go. 26 points on my bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sterling captain and Bruno blank is a massive win for me. Everybody else in my money league has Bruno captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

41 with Kane & Salah to go. Cup opponent on 45 with Son & Salah to go. Tomorrows game should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

61 with son and salah to go. 26 points on my bench.

59 with Salah and Kane. Soucek taunting me on the bench.

58 (-4)

Up to just inside 22k. Salah and Robbo to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

siblers wrote: »
    59 with Salah and Kane. Soucek taunting me on the bench.

Soucek and areola on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A very odd week. Just 20 points and only Kane left. Lots of underperformers at once.
    I guess it happens sometimes.

Advertisement