Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Honestly couldn't of had a worse start

Captained Bamford fail
    Brought in bernardo over Gundog taken off 59:56 fail
    Dreading this United match tonight.

Should of captained Bruno should of been a sheep instead of a polar Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Some monster scores here. I had Gundogan, Dias and Antonio and still only on 28 (-4) from 5. Dropping like a stone since GW16.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

37(-4) from 4, Salah and Robertson seem to be huge differentials for me in my leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

33 from 4 players last night, good going but i need a miracle to stay in the cup. Opponent had Cancelo, Sterling, Gundogan, Soucek and Wilson playing last night

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

in the midst of this horror show of a fúcking season, I must say Aaron Cresswell has actually been a gem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

SlickRic wrote: »
    in the midst of this horror show of a fúcking season, I must say Aaron Cresswell has actually been a gem.

That late goal cost him two points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was in the top 2000 overall and forgot to do transfers. Captain is KDB and vice captain is Vardy, both not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Out with 44, gotta away with one last night. Gundog brace and I was staring down the barrel. For Sterling to lose that 14-11 form where it was after 40 minutes is quiet remarkable! Up to top 3,000 OR now. Reminder of the golden rule Soucek owners. Never ever bench Soucek!! (I nearly played Coufal over him)

Out with 44, gotta away with one last night. Gundog brace and I was staring down the barrel. For Sterling to lose that 14-11 form where it was after 40 minutes is quiet remarkable! Up to top 3,000 OR now. Reminder of the golden rule Soucek owners. Never ever bench Soucek!! (I nearly played Coufal over him)

What do you mean about Sterling? Was he on for baps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

siblers wrote: »

Think it means in a straight fight for points between Gundogan and Sterling it looked like Sterling would be a huge loser but in the end only lost that battle 14-11 so not much harm done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,449 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

At one stage, on around the 60 mins mark, he was on for 2 bps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    At one stage, on around the 60 mins mark, he was on for 2 bps.

That was just before the 60 min CS points kicked in for Cancelo though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just that Sterling had no returns and Gundong had 2 goals and was looking like he could go to town

Just that Sterling had no returns and Gundong had 2 goals and was looking like he could go to town

Ah right. Yeah, I've Sterling too and it looked like one of those games where City would get a cricket score and he would blank. Bit dissapointing he didn't get any baps with a goal and assist though

Some classic Jose mind games here would be my guess.

Also, there is some suggestions that Chelsea will play a back 3 tonight. This will make Chilwell / James a lot more appealing. Also might bring Rudiger back into play at 4.5

Some classic Jose mind games here would be my guess.

Also, there is some suggestions that Chelsea will play a back 3 tonight. This will make Chilwell / James a lot more appealing. Also might bring Rudiger back into play at 4.5

So them playing 3 at back equals James/Chilwell and Rudiger?

James could easily be Dave, Alonso is still at the club. I'd say there could be some changes to the team - maybe not tonight but over the coming games someone is bound to lose their place that you may think was guaranteed it - purely based on the players at their disposal.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So them playing 3 at back equals James/Chilwell and Rudiger?

James could easily be Dave, Alonso is still at the club. I'd say there could be some changes to the team - maybe not tonight but over the coming games someone is bound to lose their place that you may think was guaranteed it - purely based on the players at their disposal.

I'd take a guess it would be Zouma, Thiago Silva and then either Azpi/Rudiger as a back 3 and then Chilwell & James as wing backs.

I'd take a guess it would be Zouma, Thiago Silva and then either Azpi/Rudiger as a back 3 and then Chilwell & James as wing backs.

Yes Sorry i read it as James and Chillwell would be in a back 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Apparently CHO is playing RWB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

CSF wrote: »
    The only reason I think guys like Shaw and Cavani might not play is that they played Sunday and will be wanted for the Arsenal game.

Could easily see Telles and Rashford playing instead of them.

Maybe Cavani might not even get a run out? That would suit me Soucek first on bench.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Maybe Cavani might not even get a run out? That would suit me Soucek first on bench.
    Depends on how the game runs I guess. There is still a pretty decent chance he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Saka first sub I’m hoping Chilwell gets the night off.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ngunners

dahat wrote: »
    With Saka first sub I’m hoping Chilwell gets the night off.

You played four at the back I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Mount rumoured not in the starting XI.

Waiting for team news like.......

Own Mount and Timo (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ngunners wrote: »
    You played four at the back I presume?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Mount rumoured not in the starting XI.

Waiting for team news like.......

Own Mount and Timo (c)

Mount bench
    Timo bench

Bamford VC, ohhhh bollox!

FECK!

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1354474258378805248

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

WOLVES TEAM NEWS

Starting XI: Patricio, Boly, Coady, Kilman, Semedo, Dendoncker, Neves, Ait-Nouri, Traore, Neto, Podence.

Subs: Ruddy, Hoever, Willian Jose, Fabio Silva, Vitinha, Cutrone, Saiss, Moutinho, Otasowie.

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS

Starting XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Jorginho, Kovacic, Ziyech, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud.

Subs: Kepa, Alonso, Abraham, Pulisic, Werner, Zouma, Mount, James, Emerson.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

shmeee wrote: »
    Mount bench
    Timo bench

FECK!
    Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

ASTON VILLA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Burnley: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Traore, Barkley, Grealish, Watkins.

Subs: Heaton, Taylor, Trezeguet, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Engels, Elmohamady, Davis, Ramsey.

BURNLEY TEAM NEWS

Team to play Aston Villa: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters, Brady, Westwood, Brownhill, McNeil, Rodriguez, Wood.

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Cork, Gudmundsson, Stephens, Bardsley, Vydra, Long, Dunne, Benson.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement