Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl LV Thread: Chiefs v Buccaneers (MOD Note Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Tampa Bay moving well....

Chiefs giving away silly penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Weepsie wrote: »
    How though. His foot is what made the contact and tripped the kansas player.

His face just made contact with my fist.

Defendant went to the ground and tripped Evans in the process.

Edit: watched it again and see what you mean. Bit of a harsh call alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Haven't seen many, I think one I thought was possibly harsh?

Is this just the standard Brady hate part of the Superbowl maybe? :)

Absolutely not, but the holding call on Ward to move the sticks and the nonexistent trip on Evans were both really weak calls and both drives ended up with TDs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

santana75 wrote: »
    Delighted to see AB getting a touchdown.

It's always nice to see a sympathetic character like AB do well. A real underdog story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Gronk still got it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Chief's defence have lost their heads.

The whole team. The bickering among themselves etc. Very hard for them to turn it around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The only bright spark for the chiefs other than having mahomes and hill and kelce, is that with the extended break for half time they get to have a proper reset.

Yeah they have the entire weeknd to reset

• Registered Users Posts: 31,396 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What did he do ?

He’s done a loooot of crazy stuff, but the most recent is sexual assault, which saw the patriots sack him. Then Brady moved, and convinced the Bucs to sign him up.

No doubting his immense quality, but he’s a nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Masked Man wrote: »
    Lol at trying to talk **** to Brady.

Was that the reason for the penalty to be assessed on the kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Anything less than a TD for the Chiefs on the first drive of the 3rd quarter and it's over

We hear games get called prematurely every year though tbf

The chiefs offense can score multiple TDs in very short order if they get going, this won't be over no matter what happens on the the next drive.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Wouldn't you blame the chiefs for the constant fouling?

To be fair theres been at least a half dozen times the Bucs have down the same and nothing has been called. That's why 6ou shouldn't call extremely tricky tacky offensive or defensive holding calls, because you'll be blowing the whistle all night long.

Not sure how they're calling so consistently in one direction while not catching any in the other, though.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He’s done a loooot of crazy stuff, but the most recent is sexual assault

Alleged, to be fair.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

I'm a newbie to super bowl.and American football...im looking at it now and can anyone tell me when does the game begin. All I see is lines of players facing each other every couple of minutes and one player throwing it to another...its,the most yawn fest of a sport I've ever witnessed..im off ..turn off the lights on the way out please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The chiefs offense can score multiple TDs in very short order if they get going, this won't be over no matter what happens on the the next drive.

I expect them to come out hot

Denny61 wrote: »
    I'm a newbie to super bowl.and American football...im looking at it now and can anyone tell me when does the game begin. All I see is lines of players facing each other every couple of minutes and one player throwing it to another...its,the most yawn fest of a sport I've ever witnessed..im off ..turn off the lights on the way out please

Goodnight and good riddance.

Forgive me if I don't give much credit to your opinion on what constitutes entertainment when you've spent your 6 months on Boards commenting on Joe Duffy and Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Night bro

• A masterclass 1st half from Brady. The Goat is making a fool out of the Kidd so far. Time for Mahomes to do something in this game.

Would you ever behave.

Mahomes' defence and their incessant penalties has Chiefs in this predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Knex* wrote: »

I respect the hot air ballon arrival.

Have they missed some obvious ones the other way? Again can't say I've noticed. This is how the chiefs play every week they just get away with it a lot. They aren't tonight, they should adjust but in.terms of the really stupid ones, the unnecessary roughness, the lining up offside etc, they are killing themselves without the officials.

The only one I see as being a bad call was the one on Evans for the PI because I don't think the ball was catchable, the one in the end zone is always getting called.

The chiefs have been shockingly bad with penalties and it's tough to put that on the officials I think other than looking for excuses.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Alleged, to be fair.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Have you heard the phonecalls or seen the videos of him no?

I actually think your the first one tonight, congrats on having that little to do at this hour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How long does half time last ?

I expect them to come out hot

Me too, the long break is good for them. Time to cool down, regroup and get back to what makes them so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I’m willing to say it now.
    KC are done

I’m no Football expert but as soon as a team looses the head it’s very hard to come from behind

Unfortunately Ireland and Sexton would be an example

• Registered Users Posts: 35,894 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mic is off. or barely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Panrich

Have they missed some obvious ones the other way? Again can't say I've noticed. This is how the chiefs play every week they just get away with it a lot. They aren't tonight, they should adjust but in.terms of the really stupid ones, the unnecessary roughness, the lining up offside etc, they are killing themselves without the officials.

The only one I see as being a bad call was the one on Evans for the PI because I don't think the ball was catchable, the one in the end zone is always getting called.

The chiefs have been shockingly bad with penalties and it's tough to put that on the officials I think other than looking for excuses.

You have to think that both sides play on the edge. The fact that the penalty count is 8-1 should set some alarm bells especially when you see some of the big calls that turned the FG into a TD and an iINT overturned for some interference away from the play. Not saying they were wrong calls but both teams will be playing on the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭threeball

The yanks are gas. 400k dead and they decide to have a gang on the pitch for the SB halftime show.

• statesaver wrote: »
    How long does half time last ?

About half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

Sound is very poor for HT show. I’m watching on BBC. Is it their broadcast or same for others ? Very low, no bass.

Advertisement