Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Watford are live on setanta now and can watch on mobile app but can't cast to nvidia shield which is a bummer. No way to watch on TV. Any success from nvidia shield users?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm streaming a championship replay of a game from the weekend and the quality isn't great at all, that's on setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 3 charlo108

Hiya. Thanks for the advice... especially tomslick, DK224, A Law, Spn744, Atlantic Dawn... really appreciate it.

Came here to report I have Setanta Moldova up and running using a random Moldovan address and phone number, paying using Wise (Transferwise) using the J7 promo. VPN is Sufshrak. It's working apparently consistently on Android phone. Seems pretty stable on browser (Chrome, Brave) but did act up one time (cleared the cache, disabled and re-enabled VPN, then it worked). Android TV app (1.0.3) on Nvidia Shield is not consistent, I got "No licence available" but eventually got it working after a few VPN disable and re-enables, and restarted the device. I'm not that confident about the Android TV app tbh, but no big deal if I can cast from the phone. Fwiw, I did enable "mock location" for the VPN app (in Android Developer Options) which is just an extra thing to make sure that GPS or Wi-Fi location doesn't contradict the VPN... but I doubt that made any difference.

Anyhow nice one, can't wait for this season now.

No way can I get the Setanta app to open on the fire stick. When I click on it, it tries to open but then just closes again. All I get is a black screen. The app on my phone is working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

What worked for me:

On downloader app on F/Stick enter ' setanta Sports, APK , mirror into search bar.

Different versions will show up and most recent is 1.03 I think.

When installed open and

On firestick switch on Moldovan or Ukrainian VPN whichever you subscribed to.

You'll be given a code to enter on your phone or you can log in via email to link your TV to phone.

Bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 LZ91

I signed up to Setanta Ukraine but when I switch my VPN to Moldova I get Setanta Moldova and the extra content. But I might sign up again to Setanta Moldova as it's a bit cheaper.

Are you downloading it from apkmirror.com?

That has version 1.8, it won't open for me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Scroll down slightly on that page you downloaded 1.8.0 your looking for Apps related to Setanta Sports and its the android tv version.

I posted a direct link a few posts up but seems downloader app wont go to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just make sure you are deleting any previous version from the Firestick before trying to instal 1.0.3, I don't think the older versions instal if a newer version is already present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

FYI regarding Setanta

For anyone with VPNUnlimited (Keepsolid). The payment (Revolut) would not go through for me. Switched to Tunnelbear VPN (free) and the payment was accepted.

Was able to login fine then on the app with VPNUnlimited. Looking at some game highlights VPNUnlimited seems to work fine as VPN. Real test will come with the livestream at the weekend though when there is likely to be more traffic on the VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Was this for Setana Ukraine, Georgia or Moldova? I signed up to Moldova using VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid last night and it worked fine for payment using Revolut virtual card (Which is a Mastercard).

Hi. It's a recently issued Revolut physical card (Visa).

Yesterday I was trying to get the payment through on Moldova with KeepSolid. I was getting a "something went wrong" type message when it tried to take the payment. Never got as far as a Revolut verification request.

So tried Tunnelbear today. Payment was strange. I was on Moldova VPN and Billing Address was set to Moldova, But the payment is showing as 20 UAH on my Revolut receipt, which is Ukrainian currency.

All of the above was using a browser on a tablet.

Then logged into the app on the tablet and watched back some highlights on Keep Solid VPN set to Moldova.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

So far I've tested out a few replays of premier league matches and none have English commentary. Hopefully when it is live it won't be like that, weird watching football with just the crowd noise playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Spn744

I noticed this also on some games for next season, my workaround are the following -

1) Download the “BBC sounds” app on a separate device, this allows you to pause, rewind and fast forward live football commentary and with a bit of timing you can line it up with the coverage on Setanta. They cover a large portion of the games. I have a Bluetooth sound bar under the TV so this method will be my go to if the game isn’t on Peacock and no commentary on Setanta.

2) If you have Freesat or Sky you can pause and sync up the commentary on Talk Sport, BBC 5 Live, Newstalk & Rte 2 depending on which box you have and then watch on your tablet etc with that in the background.

3) Bit more complicated to time but you can pause the Setanta stream until the live radio is timed but this only works if the radio coverage is behind.

4) YouTube have plenty of streamers who give live commentary, my least favourite choice as they can get annoying but “The United Stand” are a channel that cover every Manchester United game.

If anyone else has more options I haven’t thought of please let me know! Setanta do have some games in their full replays with English commentary but there are a few that don’t so it’s good to be prepared with the above options if not having commentary bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Check the settings on the screen. Should be an option for a few different languages

The language options are on the settings wheel when you are watching a game. In principle Setanta should have English commentary for all PL games if they have them for any. The PL World Feed is in English. It's what Peacock/NBC use for commentary for about 70% of their games and they have their own Arlo White commentating on the rest. Similarly SSport+ used World Feed commentary for all their PL games.

My guess is that Setanta use PL World Feed commentary for all their games.

What I am wondering about though is the commentary for games from leagues in other countries and whether they will have an English option.

PL highlights packages might be a different story. SSport+ PL highlights were in Turkish only if I remember well, even though the live PL live games had an English commentary option.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

The code J7 is comng up invalid on setanta moldova.

Has the code expired

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Worked fine for me today on Ukraine. Had previously signed up and just added this to get 70% off for the next two months

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Can I ask how you signed up and got that rate? I can get as far as registration but it won't accept my card details at that point?

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks a lot. I got it to work, the quality seems decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

I’m curious about the commentary thing. For non Uk English speaking countries (say us, Australia etc) I think it would make sense for companies to licence the world feed commentary.

However for counties where people are going to want to follow the match in their own language I wonder whether they would bother to licence the commentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

On most foreign streams like ssports and setanta they have multiple language options on their various sports . The ufc comes with its own official commentary and then there is a foreign version that can be selected same as the football

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Spn744

Maybe it doesn’t cost extra or a small amount when they pay for the premier league licence. They don’t seem to have the official premier league pre and post match show so it’s only the commentary for the ground their paying for if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭goldiefresh

@Lenny17123 Sorry hadn't subscribed when I posted. I tried several cards Inc revolut but like yourself kept getting declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ooter

looks like vidio don't have all PL games, only arsenal and Liverpool games down for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Setanta are showing all 10 games of the opening weekend, not sure if that's always going to be the case or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Setanta Ukraine not showing all games according to the below but showing most of them

Not sure what Setanta sports Eurasia or Setanta Qazaqstan HD are?

https://liveonsat.com/uk-england-premier-league.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone got setanta workin with express vpn ? If so how?

Advertisement