Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood careers that just ended abruptly

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I could but i'm sure you can do your own research.
    Here you go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Chevy Chase.

Then I guess this is a giant misunderstanding and everything will be ok then.

Thanks for your intrepid work!

LMAO,of course it's not a "giant misunderstanding"
    It is double standards.

What is good for the Goose, is not good for the Gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No she didn't

Yes she did.
    Her co star pedro pascal, posted Nazi stuff on his account.
    But that was ok......

Yes it was.

It is double standards.

Make up your mind. If she didn't do anything, then how is it double standards? You sound confused my friend.
    Here you go.

The title says "Pedro Pascal FIRED", which isn't true so there's no need for me to watch that video.

Thanks anyway bro! Have a good night.

Yes she did.

Yes it was.

Make up your mind. If she didn't do anything, then how is it double standards? You sound confused my friend.

The title says "Pedro Pascal FIRED", which isn't true so there's no need for me to watch that video.

Thanks anyway bro! Have a good night.
    Listen Lad, don't call me Bro, unless your black American.
    Yes, some sleep would do you good.

Listen Lad,If you can't figure out the point made in "Pedro Pascal FIRED"
    Well that is your problem.

• Advertisement

Listen Lad, don't call me Bro, unless your black American.
    Yes, some sleep would do you good.

Listen Lad,If you can't figure out the point made in "Pedro Pascal FIRED"
    Well that is your problem.

*You're

This is all off topic. Feel free to PM me if you wish to carry this on. (I won't read it, but feel free).

Good night bro!

*You're

This is all off topic. Feel free to PM me if you wish to carry this on. (I won't read it, but feel free).

Good night bro!
    Responding to your post is not off topic. If it was, you shouldn't have made a post in the first place and expect no response.

Nice piece of "Cultural appropriation" with the use of "Bro"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_appropriation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Biafranlivemat and MrStuffins, please spare everyone else and take it to pm.

Folks, try to stay on topic. Discuss Gina Carano's firing/cancellation (or whatever you want to call it) elsewhere. Her career has not ended abruptly - yet.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Helen Hunt. Seemed quite omnipresent in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭santana75

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Chevy Chase.

I've only just discovered Community and I'm reading so much about how Chevy behaved on that show. It seems like he shot himself in the foot with his hostile antics. It's a shame because I'm looking at these episodes and thinking that Chevy is absolutely nailing it, he was brilliant on community. I think it was his last chance saloon and after that nobody would touch him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

santana75 wrote: »
    I've only just discovered Community and I'm reading so much about how Chevy behaved on that show. It seems like he shot himself in the foot with his hostile antics. It's a shame because I'm looking at these episodes and thinking that Chevy is absolutely nailing it, he was brilliant on community. I think it was his last chance saloon and after that nobody would touch him.

I think Chase was always difficult to work with, and accounted for why he disappeared from Hollywood for as long as he did. For a brief spell he was Hollywood comedy royalty, like a lot of those early 80s SNL alumni. As you remark, Community was a chance for a late career resurgence but couldn't resist being a total àsshole yet again. I wonder if Dan Harmon (himself a bit of a tyrant and TBH long went off him) saw this coming and just wrote Chase's character as antagonistic, knowing the cast were going to hate the actor anyway. IIRC Chase was forced on the production by the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Helen Hunt. Seemed quite omnipresent in the 90s.

You'd hardly recognise her is you saw her on the screen now. Saw her in a movie recently - I See You. She must have done some amount of plastic surgery. Whatever went wrong with it, it has made her look to be in a constant state of misery. Very poor performance by her in that movie, which was pretty good overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You'd hardly recognise her is you saw her on the screen now. Saw her in a movie recently - I See You. She must have done some amount of plastic surgery. Whatever went wrong with it, it has made her look to be in a constant state of misery. Very poor performance by her in that movie, which was pretty good overall.

Last time I saw her was in team America :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Nice piece of "Cultural appropriation" with the use of "Bro"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_appropriation

Jesus Christ.

Watched an interview with Joel McHale that said he was so unpopular and cantankerous that by the end, most of his lines were single-camera shots because he'd have to shoot most of it on his own when everyone else wasn't on set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Make sure you go and find S2 E14 "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons" if you're watching it through Netflix, since they removed it. It's one of the best episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭santana75

Watched an interview with Joel McHale that said he was so unpopular and cantankerous that by the end, most of his lines were single-camera shots because he'd have to shoot most of it on his own when everyone else wasn't on set.

Thats a desperate situation for all involved. I actually feel some measure of sympathy for Chevy, I know he's the master of his own faith and all but I think he was just mentally not healthy, possibly for his entire adult life. I saw a panel interview with him and other cast members from Christmas vacation where someone complimented his acting in one particular scene and his response was very peculiar. So much so that everyone else was looking at him like he had lost his mind. I know he was fond of the snow candy and maybe it was all just coke induced madness, but I'm still rooting for him, hope at some stage he makes something of a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I saw a panel interview with him and other cast members from Christmas vacation where someone complimented his acting in one particular scene and his response was very peculiar. So much so that everyone else was looking at him like he had lost his mind.

is that on youtube by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Thats a desperate situation for all involved. I actually feel some measure of sympathy for Chevy, I know he's the master of his own faith and all but I think he was just mentally not healthy, possibly for his entire adult life. I saw a panel interview with him and other cast members from Christmas vacation where someone complimented his acting in one particular scene and his response was very peculiar. So much so that everyone else was looking at him like he had lost his mind. I know he was fond of the snow candy and maybe it was all just coke induced madness, but I'm still rooting for him, hope at some stage he makes something of a comeback.

Any clue to what was said ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Renne Zellwegger, doesn't seem to have done much since the well publicised plastic surgery excess from a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Renne Zellwegger, doesn't seem to have done much since the well publicised plastic surgery excess from a few years ago.

Well, she's won her second Oscar last year, I'd say she's doing well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Rachel Ticotin has been keping busy on TV but no films in about a decade or so.

Literally won the Best Actress Oscar less than a year ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Rene Zellweger?!

The reigning Best Actress...like, literally the reigning Best Actress!

Seriously?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Space Dog wrote: »
    Well, she's won her second Oscar last year, I'd say she's doing well enough.
    Literally won the Best Actress Oscar less than a year ago
    Rene Zellweger?!

The reigning Best Actress...like, literally the reigning Best Actress!

Seriously?!

Can't be sure Hangdogroad, but I think she may have won an oscar last year.

Just a guess though, a hunch, a feeling. Hopefully some people will post here and let us know.

Until then, we're in the dark my friend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

TBF, the old RZ looked very different to the one that won the Oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

It's funny you mention Chevy looking like he lost his mind in Christmas Vacation when that film also stars Randy Quaid who's career has just nose dived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

p to the e wrote: »
    It's funny you mention Chevy looking like he lost his mind in Christmas Vacation when that film also stars Randy Quaid who's career has just nose dived.

Randy has serious drug and mental health issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

v2yl0M.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its quite a bizarre tale.
    He fled to Canada in 2010 and didnt return to the US until 2015 where he was arrested on crossing the border subject to bail of 500k.
    A judge later dismissed the charges against him and his wife .

The Quaids' legal troubles in the U.S. began in 2010, when they were charged with trespassing and causing more than $5,000 in damage to the guesthouse of a California home they once owned.
    They were allegedly squatting in it when they were arrested. Two days before they were charged, they traveled to Vancouver, British Columbia.
    When Quaid sought to stay in Canada, he claimed he was being hunted by "Hollywood star-whackers" who had killed his friends David Carradine and Heath Ledger .:eek:

Advertisement