Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Fitness/diet regime advice

Options
  • 23-01-2021 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for advice on what people think of my weekly fitness and diet setup.
    I weight 70kg@5ft5” (short ass!!) @approx 18-20% body fat (not happy with this and looking to get to 10-12%).
    Hence I’m in a calorie deficit of about 300kcal a day.
    I stop eating at 8pm and then start eating at 12 midday the next day which gives a 16hr fast.
    I train cardio days at 7am in a fasted state.

Mon wed fri are cardio days which consist of HIIT for approx 45 mins. Something like thenex cardio-5 rounds.

Tues is chest/shoulder/tricep day and sat is back/bicep day.

Tues= 3x20 press ups,
    3x10 chin ups/negative chin ups (when I run outta steam!)
    3x 15 reps 30lb Dumbell chest press
    3x15 reps 30lb incline Dumbell chest press
    3x15 reps 15 lb with bench upright to work shoulders- Dumbell press.
    3x20 dips.

Sat= 5 mins rowing with band
    3x10 pull ups (again negatives if needed)
    3x15 renegade rows 15lb Dumbell.
    21’s (I think that’s what they’re called? Kinda like bicep curls in 7s)
    Athlean x band excercise for biceps.

Was thinking about adding creative into the diet with my protein shake?
    Can anyone see any issues or anything with what I’m doing?
    Thanks all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Youre not doing any strength training for lower body.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

seefin wrote: »
    Youre not doing any strength training for lower body.

Yeah I know. It’s hard to get that into the week while doing 3 cardio sessions.
    I want to lower my BF levels as soon as I can and then start going on a calorie surplus and more weight training once I reach a lower BF level.
    So I presumed the regime im doing at the moment would get my BF down whilst still maintaining muscle, providing I’m taking enough protein. Which I hope I am. Macros are p=40% f=30 c=30. That’s what I aim for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'd look to include lower body work so you're working everything across your workouts.

How are you increasing the workload on the lifts? If you're doing the same sets and reps with the same weights then don't expect much progress.

I'd look to include lower body work so you're working everything across your workouts.

How are you increasing the workload on the lifts? If you're doing the same sets and reps with the same weights then don't expect much progress.

So do ya reckon drop a cardio day and get in leg day?

I can add 5lb to my dumbbells then after that I’m onto a set of 22kg dumbbells.
    The body weight stuff I can advance by doing different variations and with pull ups doing more with strict form.
    What do ya think about using the creatine?

tom1ie wrote: »
    So do ya reckon drop a cardio day and get in leg day?

I can add 5lb to my dumbbells then after that I’m onto a set of 22kg dumbbells.
    The body weight stuff I can advance by doing different variations and with pull ups doing more with strict form.
    What do ya think about using the creatine?

If you only want to do two days of resistance training, I'd make them full-body workouts to be honest.

You can take the creatine. No real issue. Not sure it will really make much of a difference at this point but have at it if you have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

It’s hard to get that into the week while doing 3 cardio sessions.
    I want to lower my BF levels as soon as I can and then start going on a calorie surplus and more weight training once I reach a lower BF level.
    So I presumed the regime im doing at the moment would get my BF down whilst still maintaining muscle, providing I’m taking enough protein. Which I hope I am.

You will maintain more muscle by doing strength training for lower body now, as opposed to waiting until after the cut. You could even gain some muscle while in a deficit, given that you're a beginner to training legs.

As Alf said, if only training 2 days then do full body. I'd recommend something like:

Day 1
    Squat / Split Squat
    Push-Up/Dip/DB Press
    Deadlift
    Chin/Row

Upper body accessories

Day 2

Squat / Split Squat
    Push-Up/Dip/DB Press
    Deadlift
    Chin/Row

Lower body accessories

Cill94 wrote: »
    You will maintain more muscle by doing strength training for lower body now, as opposed to waiting until after the cut. You could even gain some muscle while in a deficit, given that you're a beginner to training legs.

As Alf said, if only training 2 days then do full body. I'd recommend something like:

Day 1
    Squat / Split Squat
    Push-Up/Dip/DB Press
    Deadlift
    Chin/Row

Upper body accessories

Day 2

Squat / Split Squat
    Push-Up/Dip/DB Press
    Deadlift
    Chin/Row

Lower body accessories

see I'm limited in the equipment i have. I only have a couple of sets of DB and a bench thats kinda falling apart (ordered a new one off ebay but i dont know when that gonna be here) so i cant really deadlift.
    If i was to go down the full body training 2 day route would you say do the 3 days cardio aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

see I'm limited in the equipment i have. I only have a couple of sets of DB and a bench thats kinda falling apart (ordered a new one off ebay but i dont know when that gonna be here) so i cant really deadlift.
    If i was to go down the full body training 2 day route would you say do the 3 days cardio aswell?

You have a set of 22kg dumbbells so you could do single leg deadlifts and slow RDLs

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-c7empiayj/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-mezWlndxk/

Tbh 3 days of cardio doesn't mean anything without context of how hard the sessions are. You could do 7 days of cardio if it's easy. You should be fine to do 3 so long as you're not knackered for the strength sessions.

Cill94 wrote: »
    You have a set of 22kg dumbbells so you could do single leg deadlifts and slow RDLs

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-c7empiayj/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-mezWlndxk/

Tbh 3 days of cardio doesn't mean anything without context of how hard the sessions are. You could do 7 days of cardio if it's easy. You should be fine to do 3 so long as you're not knackered for the strength sessions.

cheers for the advice, i think i will do as you say and throw the leg stuff in with the two strength days.
    gonna keep the 3 day cardio sessions going if i can.
    they are fairly intense though so ill see how I'm feeling after a couple of weeks.
    ill stay on this calorie deficit for a few weeks also and hopefully that delivers some results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Do high rep goblet squats with the dumbbells also. Pause at the bottom and increase the no of seconds of pause to progress
    You can also do lunges with the dumbbells,reverse or walking lunges.

• Advertisement

seefin wrote: »
    Do high rep goblet squats with the dumbbells also. Pause at the bottom and increase the no of seconds of pause to progress
    You can also do lunges with the dumbbells,reverse or walking lunges.
    Yep.

Make it single leg work. Bring in tempos, pauses. Play around with it.

Lots of ways with a bit of thought

Advertisement