Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Dear , Is Charles a naughty boy ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Are you sending many over?

No, only have 3 mares this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Kauto wrote: »
    No, only have 3 mares this year.

Who sired them?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Who sired them?

Mares are by Shernazar, Old Vic and Oscar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Look who has the fav tomorrow in the 2:50 at Gowran :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JR Harvey

Kauto wrote: »
    The 'not today' game. There is only one boss in that stable and owners do what their told or they sod off like jered O'Sullivan etc.

Or Mick O'Leary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hurdles1

Interesting tommorrow in Gowran..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Rough terrain getting well supported for Charles this morning it would appear. Interesting how this goes throughout the day.

Rough terrain getting well supported for Charles this morning it would appear. Interesting how this goes throughout the day.

"I don't lay horses...I back horses"

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Doubled with a bumper horse ridden by his young fella in the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Having a very very rare afternoon to myself today so i had a look last night to see what i might back for today. I did a tiny double on his two runners for today, seriously it's so small it can't even be called after timing if they win. i know nothing about racing but i see C.Byrnes and i see a heist or the beginning of one. Also threw in Call Colman in an equally small treble just for the fun.

I just love racing. Don't bet too often and i never bet big, its just to have the interest in a race. Although i noticed last year as i waited for my daughter to come out of school, i was watching the kids streaming around the side of the school heading for the steps, wondering who was going to get their nose in front at the gate. You have the obvious favourite, the ones who've won before, the ones with the speed, but sometimes you see two little determined legs going for all their worth and you see that surprisingly steely expression in their eyes.. (Note: i've never thought of opening a book with the other parents, i suspect i might be the mammy they kick out of the school messenger group if i tried that) :rolleyes::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

minibear wrote: »
    Having a very very rare afternoon to myself today so i had a look last night to see what i might back for today. I did a tiny double on his two runners for today, seriously it's so small it can't even be called after timing if they win. i know nothing about racing but i see C.Byrnes and i see a heist or the beginning of one. Also threw in Call Colman in an equally small treble just for the fun.

Being backed off the board, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

I know , from experience , sometimes a " Gamble " on Byrnes horses is instigated by the bookies . For those of you that went with this , best of luck . Im keeping my powder dry on this occasion . Dont think Charles wants to be hauled up in front of the stewards in the present climate .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

It'll drift before the off like they always do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

mountai wrote: »
    I know , from experience , sometimes a " Gamble " on Byrnes horses is instigated by the bookies . For those of you that went with this , best of luck . Im keeping my powder dry on this occasion . Dont think Charles wants to be hauled up in front of the stewards in the present climate .
    I was thinking hed have some neck to be going for this now. But then again I'm sure he has some neck. Didnt touch them. Usually I'd like to see these gambles win but not with the cloud this boy is under.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I think I would struggle betting on NH.
    Rough Terain 15/8 fav today. Last two runs in similar class races 13/13 btn 37l and 14/14 btn 63l.
    Was the handbrake stuck? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Here comes the drift

Was a beaten horse before it fell . As I thought , a bookies benefit .

Was a beaten horse before it fell . As I thought , a bookies benefit .

Id say he was off alright. Wasnt a big drifter before the off like you would have expected.
    The young lad riding him was hopeless. Horse ran away with him down to the start and he then couldn't him in behind horse to settle him during the race.
    The more shocking ride came on the Martin horse who should have won on the bridle. Much have hit every horse in the race on the way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Why are these gambles getting so much media attention? I know for a fact certain bookmakers are slicing odds on horses from people ringing in trying to get decent money on a horse without even laying a cent. Its as if how dare the punter pull off a stroke against the bookies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Labaik wrote: »
    Why are these gambles getting so much media attention? I know for a fact certain bookmakers are slicing odds on horses from people ringing in trying to get decent money on a horse without even laying a cent. Its as if how dare the punter pull off a stroke against the bookies :pac:

But then it shows blue on oddschecker and creates momentum at a lower price

Nice work if you can get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Quite often you'd see a horse shortening on the books but not on the exchange which is a tell tale sign. Recall one dramatic case at dundalk bout a year ago where a horse was supposedly being backed off the boards yet was trading double figures on the exchange and ended up beaten out the gate!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,384 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Slattsy wrote: »
    Sounds like nonsense. Googled his form there, he never raced again! That story belongs in the conspiracy theory bin.

Rubbish, he won them so much money they didn't need to run him again.

Comparing the punishment meted out to Gordon today , makes Charles punishment much harsher .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Have a look at what won the 6pm in Dundalk and you’ll see that Charles’ punishment isn’t that bad at all ;)

Yeah I had a bet , no doubt Gordon will use the same method . But when you compare the perceived damage done to the industry by Charles , as opposed to Gordon , then its obvious the small man gets punished more . I think Gordons punishment was fair though .

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

Yeah I had a bet , no doubt Gordon will use the same method . But when you compare the perceived damage done to the industry by Charles , as opposed to Gordon , then its obvious the small man gets punished more . I think Gordons punishment was fair though .
    Charles got a fair wallop for “ leaving a horse unattended”. Looks a bit harsh imo

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

What Charles Byrnes did was 10 times worse than what Elliot did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Everyone knows Charles wasn’t hard done by.
    Just happened to be away at the wrong time :pac:

• Advertisement

What Charles Byrnes did was 10 times worse than what Elliot did

Dont know your reasoning behind that statement . He left a horse unattended for 20 mins to get a cup of tea . No damage to the industry as it never found its way onto the front pages of the press . Gordons actions however has given lots of ammunition to the Anti racing fraternity .

Advertisement