Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Rawr

Oh "Hope-y", et tu?

I always found it more than a little skeevy that Trump was so attached to having this 20-something woman on his staff. She'd been involved in the 2016 campaign and then followed him into the White House later. It's interesting to see how very aware these people were about their employability. Traditionally, having the White House on your CV would probably be pure gold, but Trump's reverse Midas touch appears to be all powerful.

I guess it doesn't help either that "Hope Hicks" is a very easy to remember name.

What these people need (and what I really would love) would be a proper detailed documentary of Trump's White House with testimonials from all of his staff, describing the hell they lived in. If employers got to see the crap they had to deal with for 4 years...they might look ideal of high-stress roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He's on it anyway indirectly from his trumpettes on twitter reposting his stuff from TS, but as I said I can't see him on it actively. It's be like him being seen not eating a trump steak every day of the week when there's an option in front of him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump doesn't care what he's seen to do beyond satisfying his ego and staying out of legal jeopardy, and given the amount of potentially incriminating ranting he does, probably more the former than the latter. Whatever is keeping Trump off of Twitter, it's not the fear of having egg on his face, because he's shown a tremendous ability to be laughably wrong about things (like the time he went all-in on the birther conspiracy) and just move on, and everybody moves on with him because we all fixate on the next mad thing he's doing or saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

What these people need (and what I really would love) would be a proper detailed documentary of Trump's White House with testimonials from all of his staff, describing the hell they lived in. If employers got to see the crap they had to deal with for 4 years...they might look ideal of high-stress roles.

To be honest, I have no sympathy for them. Not one iota. They knew what they were getting themselves into from the very start. Not one person who ever saw any of his announcements from even before the nomination battle can plead ignorance. They would have had plenty of opportunities to back out. Even before the election when his cronies tried to block the mail-in votes every single person knew it was going to kick off and that he was going to go down nasty and take everyone with him. EVERYONE! There was not one single person who thought he would accept defeat.They hitched their wagon to a domestic terrorist. To an insurrectionist. Before they signed on to work for him they knew he was a person who hates America. A sexual predator. A bigot. They KNEW these when accepting jobs. They knew these things, thought about it, and decided to work for him. So be it. Time for them to write their books.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

frankly, if them not being able to get a job again is their only punishment, i think they got off very lightly indeed...

• Advertisement

Maybe they'll end up speaking at those local Proud Boys chapters after all. Hope they don't mind getting paid in beard oil and suspiciously sticky Jordan Peterson books.

Oh, totally agree. I’d just love to learn how karma so quickly repaid them as soon as they entered the White House doors.

I can easily imagine the amount of nonsense that went on there based on how we know Trump can be. Fully expecting to hear of days where Trump would emerge late afternoon after his network tv binge “Executive Time” and would send people flying in all directions to fulfill his half baked whims, while the CIA guy who had been waiting since morning to give the daily briefing, is sitting in the corner of the office wondering if he didn’t bother to turn up tomorrow…would Trump even notice?

He was clearly the worst person to ever attempt to even cosplay as a world leader, and one hope I had from his removal from power (beyond the obvious benefits to world at large) was an eventual investigative documentary which would show us all how bad it really got, and how pathetic the man truly was.

And worth noting that trump supporters in here rubbished Pelosi as a speaker.

The utter nonsense of taking 3 votes to the floor and losing them would never have happened under her tenure.

I guess it's easy to criticize than to step up and do the actual job.

According to this poll, Trump remains in the lead for the 2024 Republican primary.

Donald Trump: 45 %

Ron DeSantis: 34 %

Mike Pence: 8 %

... and some also rans making up the numbers.

Unfortunately for most of us, it doesn't seem like Trump is fading into complete irrelevancy. His influence is dwindling, but not to an extent which removes him from the picture and would allow the Republican party to escape Trumpism.

• Advertisement

Respectfully disagree.

I would love for him to remain their front runner, and indeed run.

It would guarantee the Dems keeping the white house, senate and possibly take back the house.

Good point. I think there are plusses/minuses either way. Trump/Trumpism staying in the picture means a continuation of that heightened tension in American politics. DeSantis coming to the fore would take at least some of Trumpism and give it a tidier coat of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,284 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In one way, Trump is the only one to have declared he's running, so it's likely that that's skewed the figures. But also, considering Trump was the President and has confirmed he's running again.... 45% of GOP voters is pretty low. Most want someone else, even his former VP, rather than him running again even as the only one who has declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It used to be close to 90%. Now only 45%? That is a serious problem for Trump.

I'd say it's pretty high considering he whipped a crowd into trying to overturn a democratic election using violence. The fact that so many Americans apparently look upon this man in a favourable way and that he remains in the picture, still, is highly disturbing and bodes badly for a healing in American politics.

Whether or not Trump is really in the running for next POTUS, my fear is that he will remain an influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Every time Kirk says something colossally stupid, his face gets a little bit smaller while his head stays the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

I assume the Trump playbook dictates that he'll just wait it out and whatever the outcome is, he'll take the credit.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That and anything bad that happens was definitely not his fault and totally someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Cody montana

2 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Haven't see a Trump supporter here for a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My son just messaged "Happy January 6th, may the odds ever be in Nancy Pelosi's favour"

You know ya done fúcked up when even Irish teens are making jokes at US politics and Trumpism 2 yrs later all whilst house GQP are intent on self destructing.

I suppose one consolation of Jan 6, is that all those images of those trecherous dim-wits are emblazened with "TRUMP" front & center, with flags and banners etc...

This is how it will probably appear when future generations study this time in history, and hopefully the name "Trump" will become a 21st Century version of a "Quisling". Much like that infamous Norwegian traitor who betrayed Norway to the Nazies for his own political ambitions, Trump betrayed the very essence of the American republic for his own childish personal ends. What he tried to do was no less grave than assisting an invading enemy army in thier conquest.

Well, y'see, we tend to forget.

I remember watching it all unfold live on TV (Although his supporters, even here, tried to say it didn't happen). I'm sure many here are the same but I remember sitting in my kitchen, watching it all unfold live on TV. I remember switching between Sky News, BBC News and CNN. Two of my team workmates are American and based in the US and we were just WhatsApping the whole time.

So we all remember the shock as it unfolded. And wondering, at the time, why the military weren't brought in.... Well, not wondering (We all knew why) but stating that there was no military presence. We all watched LIVE on TV. But over the last 2 years it tended to fade as so much has happened since.

But America must NEVER forget. If trump ACTUALLY runs in 2024 (Looking less and less likely) but if he does then every mention of him should be in relation to this. His voter fraud, his stoking of racial hatred, his hatred of America and the American people. His narcissism which lead to insurrection, CONTINUAL domestic terrorism and murder.

THIS IS HIS LEGACY. If trump runs in 2024 he will not participate in debates because he cannot debate and because he CERTAINLY cannot debate when all anyone has to show is his flags all over the place while his supporters stormed Capitol Building and demanded that Pence and Pelosi hang.

He and his cronies can scream about "Hunter's Laptop" all they want but even they know it rings more and more hollow every day. Even fox don't care about it anymore. Release the info. Do it. Can ANYTHING there compare to a sexual predator's narcissism leading to insurrection, domestic terrorism and murder? Is that the best America can do?

So, while his cronies say "Hunter's Laptop", they simultaneously say "Oh move on from Jan 6. It's overblown. Tourists and people wishing to talk to their reps got a little excited". Remember the trump flags. Because, you can bet your bottom dollar they are gradually being photoshopped out...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes she was rubbished as a speaker and rightly so.

A power crazed, petulant, incoherent, self enriching egotist who benefitted from nepotism to forge her career.

She has been insider trading for decades, amassing a huge personal fortune, she was working for her best interests not the country.

She is just as corrupt as Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement

Utter unsubstantiated nonsense.

Just because you hold those views doesn't make them fact.

"As corrupt as Trump". It would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

Advertisement