Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

Largely the point. A lot of them use intentionally stupid language on the basis that if you respond positively you are worth more engagement further down the line. Simply put if you fall for the above you are seen as an easy mark to milk for all you're worth.

Many Nigerian Prince scams are intentionally stupid for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Especially 2+ years before the election. They give a much clearer indication of absolutely nothing.

This headline says it all:

Trump on the potential for World War III: “The windmills. They don’t work. They’re too expensive. They kill all the birds. They ruin your landscapes.”

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

His lack of any kind of intellectual depth on important topics is staggering. Or indeed basic comprehension skills.

During a discussion about Ukraine , the question posed was

What do you see happening next, then? ,It seems like the tensions are high. How does this all end? Is this going to be a long-term thing? How do you see this unfolding?

He responded with this stream of (un)consciousness .

Well, and I said this a long time ago, we are playing right into their hands with the green energy, The windmills. They don’t work. They’re too expensive. They kill all the birds. They ruin your landscapes. Yet, the environmentalists love the windmills. I’ve been preaching this for years. The windmills. I had them way down. The windmills are the most expensive energy you can have, and they don’t work. They last a period of 10 years and by the time they start rusting and rotting all over the place nobody ever takes them down. They just go onto the next piece of prairie or land and destroy that. It’s incredible.

If you stopped a randomer in the street and asked that question about Ukraine you'd get a better, more relevant reply.

He is utterly incapable of having any kind of meaningful conversation about anything other than himself.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A Rally that opened by asking for a round of applause for Russia which was given wholeheartedly by the attendees who responded by chanting "Putin, Putin, Putin".

But yeah , something something Bigoted Liberals.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm not sure what you hoped to prove - that within a margin of error, both Trump, Biden and Harris are equally as liked/disliked as one another?

Dislike Trump: 42.8%

Dislike Biden: 42.7%

Dislike Harris: 42.4%

A range of 0.4% across thousands of aggregated polls, eg. just for Trump's number, 16,500 polls were sampled

Like Trump: 52.8%

Like Biden: 51.4%

Like Harris: 51.3%

A range of 1.5%, hardly earth shattering when you consider one still actively runs a cult. By the way, he needs your help today, you need to give him your money so he can buy a new plane after he failed to properly maintain his current plane - interesting how it had engine trouble yesterday when this time last year it was in pieces in upstate New York with - lo and behold, a broken engine.

2021: Trump's plane rotting in New York

2022: Trump's plane makes emergency landing because engine failure

2022+1 day: Trump is very rich, so he needs your money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So when is the GOPSKI party going to change their logo to a bear in a fur hat?

Because it seems there is no more GOP. There are "RINOs" and "GOPSKIs"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

You say this as if its a revelation that the incumbent loses the midterms but unless I’m mistaken this is pretty standard in US politics…

• Voter restriction
    • Voter fraud
    • Homophobic laws
    • Anti-women laws
    • Support of hostile nations
    • Support of foreign dictatorships
    • Support of white supremacist organisations
    • Support of voter intimidation
    • Support of terrorists
    • Support of violent insurrection
    • Support of self-professed sexual predators

There are SO many policies to choose from.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why do you refuse to respond to posts which challenge you?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The 'crisis actors' bullsh*t being spread on the Russian Embassy UK Twitter Account sounds exactly like the bullsh*t some from the GOP said about the Parkland shooting survivors.

All the same. Scummy bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

Yea - VERY smart business, the moment these 18-30 year old demograph sees/hears (starting at around 14:24) the discussion, they will know immediately who NOT to vote for in the next election, bigly smartly thingy to be sure Lol 😀

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Is this a sane man? Asked about Ukraine and he goes on a rant about “windmills”.

if 42% of Americans approve of this guy I don’t know what to say.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yet Biden is the one that's unfit for office according to the Trump cultists. You just have to laugh really. They're as insane as their whackjob leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

Suprise surprise.

After over 5 Million views in 24 hours YouTube has decided to delete the Donald Trump podcast with the nelkboys.

The unbiased tech companies at it again.

I don't know how anyone can work for these social media companies I really don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭uptherebels

No need to worry, I'm sure he will put it up on his own unbiased social media platform. Where he doesn't need to worry about rules, morals, integrity, facts or any of that useless stuff.

It will easily pass 5million views in 24 hours, I mean he is the smartest president ever with the greatest platform ever with the greatest followers ever, so no need for you to worry about those other pesky platforms with their terms and conditions and rules and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

To be fair, it would be very cruel of them to leave up a video of an elderly man rambling like that. Better for his and his family's dignity to remove it.

They pulled it because of his usual lies (what his Klan/GOPski would call "fake news", YouTube would call "misinformation" and everyone else would call "lies")

But you are actually delighted about this.

This gives you a chance to spout on about so-called bias and deflect.

But, you know, maybe a private company doesn't want to support a part who's policies

support/engage in Voter restriction

Support Voter fraud

support/create Homophobic laws

Support/create Anti-women laws

Support hostile nations

Support foreign dictatorships

Support white supremacist organisations

Support voter intimidation

Support terrorists

Support violent insurrection

Support self-professed sexual predators

Feel free to ignore this post. We know you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Maybe he should stick to Truth Social so?

Oh wait, he hasn’t posted since its disastrous launch.

lol.

• Advertisement

I can already picture the email being typed up to his followers

Friend, GREAT NEWS! Your Favourite President is getting ready to launch a new unbiased video platform to go along with our EXCELLENT and TOTALLY WORKING social media platform, TRUTH SOCIAL!

This new YOUTRUTH is totally unbiased and uncensored and will allow you to see videos from YOUR FAVOURITE PRESIDENT without the DEMS and LAMESTREAM MEDIA trying to take the videos down!

But don't share this news with anyone. This exciting news is just for YOU as one of our most strongest supporters, who TRUMP is always excited and glad to know you still support him!

CLICK HERE to find out more about our AMAZING new site coming soon!

Indeed. I mean nobody know Social Media like him, right? He could do what he wanted without fear of being removed for..... cough... Fake News (As the entire world knows, a Trumpism for "Lie". Even his favourite country (NOT America) is using the term to support their war.)

He could bring out JFK Jnr and announce him as his running-mate. They could discuss their agenda to battle Democrat Satan-worshipping pedophile lizard people elites. They could plot their next insurrection attempt/terrorist attack.

Their advertisers would consist of one pillow company and maybe a few gun manufacturers. They could have a live stream charity gig to buy a new plane for Trump and have a white hood I mean red hat brigade attempting to break the world's longest banjo solo record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Rawr

Really? He hasn't? Ha...I shouldn't be surprised but part of me sort of expected him to try *a little* harder to hold onto this.

I wonder if this will become an extremely expensive repeat of his "Desk of Donald Trump" Wordpress blog, which had also evaporated because Donnie wasn't getting enough attention there. Without active feedback, could his first "Truth" be the only one he bothers making before the whole project quietly implodes into a non-entity and goes the way of Parler.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It wont be expensive for trump. he hasn't spent any of his own money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Rawr

True. I should have qualified that it was "Expensive for the people who were hook-winked into investing in his nonsense media outfit / slush fund"

Indeed , Truth Social has become the echo chamber we all expected , just not for the reason we thought.

It looks a lot like Twitter but without much going on.

The article linked above is from at tech reviewer from Mashable who finally got access to the app about 3 weeks after signing up.

It's pretty balanced review of the features and functions etc. to be fair , but the fundamental message is that there's nine tenths of nothing happening on the platform.

Also , it's full of fairly significant bugs - Search doesn't work properly nor do Direct Messages. Both pretty critical elements to a platform of this type.

For example if you search for Trump , the account for the man himself doesn't appear in the results , but you do get hundreds of "I love Trump" themed accounts instead , which isn't great really...

Trump himself hasn't posted at all , other than a single "Coming soon" style post over 3 weeks ago and he also currently only has about 200k followers on the platform.

As the reviewer points out , Trump is pretty much the only reason that Truth Social exists and you'd assume that the vast majority of people that sign-up are likely to follow the Trump account.

So with Trump only having 200k followers , that really doesn't tell a great overall story about the total number of users.

Also - There are accounts like @NFL and @Daily Mail on the app , but when you click into them you discover that they aren't actually approved accounts from those companies but automated bots just auto-posting articles about/from the Companies. That's a legal battle waiting to happen you have to imagine.

TL;DR

The App is really buggy and it would appear that next to no one is actually using the platform , including Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lol.

Well theres nobody who knows more about Ukraine and windmills than him.

He seems to be losing it over the last few years, such ignorance.

So I guess you are just one of those pigeon posters who doesn't actually bother to respond when caught out? Just always off to the next perceived persecution of a career criminal and fraudster?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,293 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Maybe we could make a sticky of all those who were asked questions, what the questions were and leave those details up on there until they reply.

(Still waiting for a reply in Biden's thread days later...)

• Advertisement

That's actually quite interesting about the company tags. Of course your hate-rags like The Mail etc will be all over that with pride (NOT Gay Pride!!!!!! 😀). But institutions/corporations who would prefer to be neutral, I'm surprised they would be there. As I have mentioned before, companies don't give a crap one way or another. Their job is to make money and they will do everything to avoid tarnishing their brand (As a company should)

I mean we all knew it was going to be a clusterf*ck. Everyone here predicted this WELL in advance: Lack of infrastructure, cheapest option (All other monies allocated for this gone.... I wonder where?).

Unfortunately the biggest losers here are the people who donated money (Yet AGAIN!!!) and intelligence authorities. This would have been a GOLDMINE of low-level, grass-roots hate-groups. They may not have the more organised hate groups but they would have had info on all these "fine people" attacking family planning clinics, mosques, the LGBTQI community, ethnic groups, schools etc. You know, their usual targets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement