If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Returning to college

  • 18-01-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 oysenpriest

    So I deferred from college in 2015 until 2016/2017 year due to personal and mental health issues. Over 2 years both my grandparents died, I was knocked down by a car and 1 of my friends committed suicide. I wasn't doing great while I was in college and scraped through 2nd year and squeezed into 3rd year. While in the first semester of 3rd year I was getting panic attacks out of the blue and stopped attending, as a result Idecided to defer the year. I was granted permission on extenuating medical grounds to do this and I received a letter stamped by a CIT medical doctor.

    I ended up taking the year out, signing on to jobseekers and never returned to finish my degree. I found it really difficult to find a job, almost took 2 years to sort something out as there was a lot of jobs I just wasn't experienced or trained in, in order to get accepted in. I had not returned as I didn't have the money saved up to afford it.

    What I would like to know is, is it still possible to return and finish my degree as a mature student? Or what is the situation? Does anyone have any experience in similar situations and what is the procedure?