Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Software/Dashboards working environment

Options
  • 18-01-2021 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭

Well,

Over the last few years I've been successful with long term trades, and while the gains have been great it's been slow movement.

I'm looking at getting into day trades but unsure of where to start in terms of a working environment. Does anyone use any particular software or dashboards? I'd be looking at penny trades to start with different trading styles to see what suits but I think having a good workspace would really help.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

From long term investment to day trading pennystocks... serious that's like learning how to successfully put a plaster on your finger, and then deciding your gonna get into brain surgery. Do some swing trading across like a 2wks or month timeframe, and get more comfortable with buying pullbacks and selling when extended based on things like moving average crossovers, support and resistance, rsi etc, if you master all that and still find yourself bored and in need of something much more fast pace and headwrecking then maybe look at day trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

Timmaay wrote: »
    From long term investment to day trading pennystocks... serious that's like learning how to successfully put a plaster on your finger, and then deciding your gonna get into brain surgery. Do some swing trading across like a 2wks or month timeframe, and get more comfortable with buying pullbacks and selling when extended based on things like moving average crossovers, support and resistance, rsi etc, if you master all that and still find yourself bored and in need of something much more fast pace and headwrecking then maybe look at day trading.

Thanks for the advice, yeah I'm just looking to try out some small trades. I'd probably emulate for the first few weeks and monitor what the performance/loss would be. I'll take a look at swing trading as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

There is a section in this discord https://atlas-trading.net/ (not me!)
    that has a free section with terabits of free learning info.

What I learnt from looking at the day trading is a lot of the gains where done premarket which we do not have access to. As Timmaay said you'll need to be really good at reading charts to see what way your trade is doing and be able to know when to get out with profit. I was messing around with it but when you cant read a chart you've no idea when to get out.

Advertisement