Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting TDR Plan Jan 2021

Options
  • 14-01-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I've been struggling with my weight over the last 10 years. Diagnosed with T2 Diabetes and BMI is 40.1, my heaviest ever. Sugar/Carb addiction since I was a child and still struggle with self control. Have to stay cocooned since March '19 because of covid (immunocompromised) and in that time gained 15kg.

Desperate I've started this Total Diet replacement under the care of a pharmacist and my GP to put the T2D in remission. Apparently doing this for a few weeks will help "reset" my pallet and then we start to introduce healthy meals, starting with dinner and so on. My expectation is to kick-start my journey and get to a point where I can exercise more comfortablly and carry my own weight again, with less joint pains. Has anyone tried this? I'd love to hear thoughts

F/40/134Kg/40.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

I would heed medical advice you've already received and avoid taking advice from people on here. You will inevitably get well-meaning but unqualified people trying to persuade you to do whatever worked for them or a friend of theirs etc.

Best of luck with this and remember that consistency is the most important thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NewHope21

Thanks so much. That makes total and I really appreciate your kind and straightforward words.

Consistency is key and this is really tough. It's the weekend that will be most challenging with no work to distract me. ��

Advertisement