Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

WTF is it with him and his pathetic attempts at accents? He’d be the first to cry foul over and poke fun at American actors doing bad “Oirish” accents yet considers himself as adept at accents and vocal impressions as say Steve Coogan (who is fantastic at a wide variety of same). There is literally ZERO self-awareness that for example a native-Scot would cringe at Tubs doing his Scottish accent while he simultaneously lampoons say Emily Blunt and Christopher Walken doing their terribly clichéd Oirish accents in “Wild Mountain Thyme” (or whatever it’s called). Has no-one in his 49 years ever told him “no”? It’s bizarre. Intriguing even. And deliciously bonkers.

The hijacking and virtue signalling stuff that resulted after Ashling Murphy’s murder completely sickened me, people were embarrassing themselves over it. If you didn’t have a candle on your feed/profile and declare your grief on behalf of the womanhood of Ireland, you were persona non grata. On these occasions of distressing situations, people feel the need to outdo each other to declare how much more profoundly it is affecting them than anyone else, all about me, me, me. And I find myself buying into it until I start to stand back, take a look and cop on.

Tubridy trades on this phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Sorry butters, you may have forgotten 🤔 Any one from rte doing impressions, asking where are you from originally = joking//hilarious/inquisitive

Any one else = mocking /racist

Rte= good eggs 👍(apart from the producer who we never spoke about)

Everyone else = bad eggs 👎

To paraphrase a Dollymount resident:

Yes, I am aware of this and have not forgotten.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

A movie 🍿🎥 for tubs to watch the weekend 🤔 can't get the image up it's a 2015 film "they look like people"

That's why we care 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

With Chapters re-opening today I’m sure our host will have a “book boner” on him. Although Chapters also sold second-hand bukes and is on Da Nort Side so Tubs has probably never set foot in the place.

Tubs having to slum it with a flat white from the canteen this morning - even though highly subsidized no doubt not paid for by the recipient.

Tubs moved by people caught out by a fraudster and will be sending each of them €10,000 to help them recover financially. Lol.

So far we’ve had 2 “aren’t RTÉ amazing” stories and a LLS mention.

A “quite bonkers documentary” that was “intriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiguing” (extra emphasis).

Macca!!!!!! We’ll have a full house shortly.

Tubs shocked that Macca didn’t pick one of his own songs for Desert Island Discs. Maybe he’s not a complete self-centered entitled and deluded pr*ck Bryan? Has anyone ever picked one of their own songs on Desert Island Discs?

RTE Guide: what’s your favorite tv show of all time Bryan?

Bryan: anything I was involved with.

• Advertisement

Barry Keoghan AGAIN!!!!!

Obviously the most amazing actor in the world because he’s Irish.

Over-emphasized ‘THAT’s are back again with gusto. Delicious.

There is literally zero prep done for this show. Joe Duffy does more prep for his shows, and that’s saying something.

It’s hilarious that he’s basically reading snippets from today’s papers, but in the current and “modrin” media world, these stories are 24 hours old and out of date. Yet of course RTÉ and Tubs haven’t realised this……

Ah I'm out bad as Ryan blowing smoke up some ones hole.

Someone telling Ryan he's great 🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Top 5 narcissists on Desert Island Discs

1. Elisabeth Schwartzkopf is remembered by a handful of opera enthusiasts for her career as a soprano, but whatever singing ability she may have had is almost entirely eclipsed by her appearance in 1958 on Desert Island Discs, a BBC radio programme that requires interviewees to choose eight songs that would be their sole entertainment on a desert island. Seven of her choices featured her own voice, and the eighth was the instrumental prelude to an opera recording in which she was the star.

2. Norman Wisdom chose five of his own songs, including the appropriately titled Narcissus.

3. Rolf Harris, cartoonist, artist, pop singer and a national treasure who recently admitted that he’d never read any Shakespeare, has appeared on Desert Island Discs twice, so he cannot claim not to understand the concept. Nevertheless, for his second outing, in 1999, he chose three songs of his own.

4. Only two people have ever chosen Gary Glitter records to take with them, and one of them was Gary himself. Paul Gadd, to call him by his real name, was interviewed in 1981, 15 years before he was convicted of abusing two underage girls.

5. And finally, Engelbert Humperdinck, the ham-faced cheese-peddler who, if placed under a metaphor grill, would be a crooning croque monsieur. He only chose one of his own records, but earns his place with his spectacular choice of book to take with him to the island: his own autobiography.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ryan: why were you at The Batman premier

Barry: I'm in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

So the DLB promised Barry's granny he'd go for a pint with her in Summerhill, but he never went? Surprising. Next they'll be telling us he never went on the 123 bus as he said he would!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

if paul chose "best of the beatles" i'd be amused

That’s my point. You’d want to be a complete bell-end to pick your own work…..but Tubs was shocked Macca didn’t pick any of his own songs. The lad is clueless.

• Advertisement

Nearly everyone tubs has on his show (Irish), he says is one of his favourite person in the world, Spoofer 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A delicious day off on Monday, Callan filling in. Looks like a demanding two days work next week

Was that Alan partridge who said favourite Beatles album was best of 😆 funny guy

Ah come on in fairness he helped us through the thing 🙄 And he'll stop the fighting in Ukraine👍(but only because they look like us--- same colour 🤔)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Could you imagine actually going for a pint with Tubridy? That would be the longest hour of your life. The poor woman had to survive Covid and lockdown. An hour with that bellend would surely finish her off.

He'd definitely be a glass of Guinness guy. He'd sit down and let her go up to the bar and pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

He'd have blackcurrant cordial in it too and leave half of it behind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I thought it was very obvious when he came to read the bit about Netflix, he slowed right down and you could sense he was trying to read ahead a bit...it was obviously the first time he had ever seen that piece. Zero prep.

The 'team' must cut out clips from newspapers or print them off the web, and lay them out on his desk, and he lands in at 9am and sees them for the first time.

Advertisement