Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concept 2 Erg model E (PM3 or PM5)

Options
  • 12-01-2021 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Morning All,

As lockdown 3 takes hold I’ve dusted off my rowing machine concept 2 model E. hadn’t run in 5 years and needs a bit of TLC. I’ve a couple of questions if ye have time.

1. What needs oiling and greasing
    2. I need a new head unit do I go with original pm3 or upgrade to pm5. Can I buy in ireland (cork) seen a few on adverts would prefer a shop I can ask questions.
    3. Where in ireland can I buy parts or does it have to come from the UK
    4. Working/maintenance of these machines anything I should look out for.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Hen's teeth and a valuable piece of equipment, look after it as 2nd hand units going for a premium and rarely for sale. I've been on the Concept waiting list since early Nov, at the time the expected wait time was 10 weeks and it's since been extended out to 16 weeks hence the premium for any machine being sold. Madness

They should be pretty maintenance free, give it a clean and especially the rail and rollers and then a light oiling to the chain.
    What happened the head unit, it's hardly a case of just the batteries being depleted? Not too sure of the differences between PM3 and PM5, think 5 has the added benefit of bluetooth in terms of connecting heart rate monitors etc.
    There's a guy on Adverts from Cork selling some pieces and the occasional rower, pretty expensive but perhaps message him if anything specific required.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bedouin79

Hen's teeth and a valuable piece of equipment, look after it as 2nd hand units going for a premium and rarely for sale. I've been on the Concept waiting list since early Nov, at the time the expected wait time was 10 weeks and it's since been extended out to 16 weeks hence the premium for any machine being sold. Madness

They should be pretty maintenance free, give it a clean and especially the rail and rollers and then a light oiling to the chain.
    What happened the head unit, it's hardly a case of just the batteries being depleted? Not too sure of the differences between PM3 and PM5, think 5 has the added benefit of bluetooth in terms of connecting heart rate monitors etc.
    There's a guy on Adverts from Cork selling some pieces and the occasional rower, pretty expensive but perhaps message him if anything specific required.

It’s a model e and totally agree the things are built to last. Few spots of rust well paint bubbling but that will buff out. Found the head unit (pm-4) battery pack dead but put in two d type batteries and all my workouts from years ago there in detail. God I was fit once.

Appreciate the reply

Advertisement