Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler won't turn off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

K.Flyer wrote: »
    It's as well we are not dealing with a 3 porter, now that's where the fun starts.

I'm curious as to why there are relays in the wiring centre and actuators.
    Now I'm wondering is it a 3 port valve that is installed.

I've come across plenty of Myson and Sunvic actuators with the aux stuck On or the motor getting weak and not fully rotating enough to reach the switch.

My zone valve of choice is Danfoss, I've seen them incorrectly wired resulting in being energised most of the day, every day, and still in good working order after over ten years like that.

The mid position valve is truly a masterpiece as it uses DC pulses to stall the motor against spring pressure to keep it in mid position and also supplies a small de magnetizing AC voltage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I think I have gone past my expertise and time to get someone in.
    I tried to follow the wires back to the junction box but once back to the box it is a complete mess of wires and no idea which one is which. The image in original post is just a small section of it.
    I took apart the motorised valve, from what I can see if I hold one connector to red and one to black which I expect is positive negative I get a reading
    So I hold to negative and then to orange I get a reading. If I hold to grey/orange I get a reading as well. All while the boiler is happy to fire away.

The frost stat is interesting, what temp should that be set to? maybe that could be causing it but really I am in the dark now.

The frost stat is normally non settable and is ~ 4C or ~2C on newer boilers.

John.G wrote: »
    The frost stat is normally non settable and is ~ 4C or ~2C on newer boilers.

In the room they have a thermostat connected into the wiring. This has a standard wall thermostat connected to it. I guess this was been used as a frost stat?

The frost stat is generally fitted fairly close to the boiler casing, may be at the rear of the boiler AFAIK.

• Advertisement

John.G wrote: »
    The frost stat is generally fitted fairly close to the boiler casing, may be at the rear of the boiler AFAIK.

I think I might have an odd setup, for some reason over the door I have a temp stat on the wall. A newer one to the one I have in the house to control the heating.

Is this (boiler etc) located in a garage/outhouse? you might post a pic of this as well.

A few weeks later and no further on, got a plumber out. He said he would come back and now ignoring call. MY normal plumber is not available due to covid so pain in him.

I am wondering as this is more an electrical issue would a electrician be a better idea? Thanks

Thanks for the help, just to update I got electrician in as plumber wouldn't reply. One of the automatic valves was gone and that is why it wasn't allowing the boiler to shut down.

Electrician said he would clean up with wires as well as it is a total mess

Advertisement