Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sex and the City: And Just Like That

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I still haven't watched past the first 20 minutes of episode one, but reading this ^ makes me sad.

Aidan always was a pushover for Carrie, and she treated him like dirt. I always liked him better than Big, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Didn't need to see Aidan in his white y fronts!!!

.. 😱..

I'm definitely not going to watch it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Goodigal

Each episode is worse than the one before, and yet I keep watching it!!! Am ashamed of myself at this stage 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I share your shame. I feel some relief by fast forwarding all the scenes with the new people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,539 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm the same

They made Aidan a dumb idiot, I wish he didn't return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'm already annoyed by the son Wyatt and he's only been in a 20 second video call.

Always fast forward every scene with the lecturer (Miranda's friend) and Charlotte's friend in it and feel like they are forcing Sima to be the new Samantha. I also fast forward most of Charlotte's home scenes as she stresses me out, no depth at all to her character on AJLT, and Harry is now a moron.

I probably watch about 25% of each episode to be honest.

To be fair they've made all the men dumb idiots. Even the gay dude who has always done my head in, he was once very self assured.

They are all now fairly spineless, in their partners shadows.

No justice for Steve then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Baybay

Definite turn for the better now that Miranda is more like the Miranda of old. Even liking Che more.

Good call on all the fast forwarding 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

No . Step too far .Che is so self absorbed .

Miranda is slightly better but needs to get her own place . The lecturer is a good strong character .

I can't stand Seema , another self obsessed , preening person. Greedy and mean .

Lisa Charlotte's friend and husband are ok , marginally better than Charlotte who is now a joke with too much filler .

Carrie is the only sane one but I am glad Aidan's ex told her to take care because she can't ditch Aidan again . A man who wears yfronts like that will never recover !

I really don't like it anymore but am watching it out of curiosity. I cringe if any of my family come in while I am viewing as they would have a field day ...these women who were once interesting and progressive are now preaching 'woke'but all they think about is money and acquisitions . And they treat other women like dirt .

Anyone think Seema is so rude and bullying to anyone she considers beneath her , very unlikeable 😖

Wow , think ye know I won't be giving it any tomatoes !

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

I think season 2 is marginally better than season 1 (wouldn’t be hard in fairness) but it’s really bugging me how they treat shop staff and the like. Charlotte in the shop trying to get her daughters dress back was incredibly rude to the staff member. She was also really rude to the woman trying to help her buy the black dress. Like wise, Seema to the woman working in the spa. Bunch of self involved Karens the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yeah.

Season 1 was hard going but at least Carrie had lost Big, and Miranda split with Steve after she fell for Che so there was some genuine emotion.

This is just rich bxxch drivel.

Who would care about these awful women?!

It really grates, with all the feminist bs going on..

" hey look at us, we're so rich now, and we support everything fashionable, as long as we can get everything we want, when we want it, and to hell with any lowly ordinary person who gets in the way.. shout at them, belittle them, get them into trouble, sack em. "

Its nauseating but still have to watch. For my sins!

Yes definitely pushing Seema as the new Samantha which is not working, none of the new characters are entertaining and memorable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In terms of her being rude to the staff in the shop where she was trying to replace her work wardrobe, I think that was to demonstrate how Charlotte felt about how "fat" and out of touch she was given she is in menopause and that feeling overcame her normal restraint. I saw it as an illustration of how hormones in flux can impact at random times and how women may be happier accepting of how their bodies have changed as they get older.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Photobox

How old is Lisa meant to be.. I thought they were all in their fifties. A little on the old side for the surprise revelation I would have thought.. Its dross the whole thing but I will keep watching if only for the fashion and nostalgia..

I know people who got a "surprise" at 48. It does happen especially if you think you are through menopause and become lax on the birth control.

True, her character could be in her forties, even though she is 52 in RL, she looks amazing whatever her age is meant to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

I don’t know, I don’t think the show is that deep! The way she threw away all the support knickers after seeing her overweight colleague was so ham-fistedly done. I don’t think anything in the show has any depth or subtle message.

Yes, I saw that. I wonder who then she was referring to in that scene. If that Photoshop looked as bad in the scene as it did on screen I'm surprised they accepted it as true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I feel like they should have just killed him off. I think it’s difficult when characters are written out because the actor has passed away, but sometimes it’s so far fetched with some of the storylines they use. it would be more believable if they just passed away in the show too. This isn’t just for AJLT, it goes for other shows too.

if the show carries on, Stanford is still alive and more ridiculous reasons why he’ll never show up for events and stuff, but if he’s dead in the show. It puts a stop to all the BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TurboTerror

Recently watched all SATC episodes in a row as I had only ever seen some of them back when they were released originally.

I saw the two moves so I started watching AJLT. To be honest I'm not sure why I'm still watching it. Its unbelievably woke to the point of ridiculous. The whole pronoun thing is fierce confusing. I was glad they had one scene with the vet who called Che 'she' by mistake. I keep thinking it is going to improve? Wishful thinking.

It would also have been a lot more respectful to Willie Garson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The finale was....strange!

Loved seeing Samantha again, I really thought they were so a Samantha on her death bed style phone call, but this 1m 20 second phone call was easy breezy... Leave the door open.

The 5 years thing with Aiden was just laughable but not in a good way.

• Advertisement

Aidan is & always was, an ass.

That cameo was absolutely unnecessary and pointless. Added nothing to the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭suvigirl

After I saw the 2nd movie, which was beyond dire, I swore I wouldn't watch this series...... A week of boredom and God help me I watched them. Total torture, I kept thinking maybe it could improve, but no.

While the 2nd series was marginally better then the 1st ( impossible to be worse) I can honestly say I will not be tuning into the 3rd. It's so bad. There is nothing I can say in its favour.

I still haven't watched the second season, and according to the reviews (here and in general) I'm surprised it was renewed for a third.

How could they mess up something that was so good, so badly?

I'm trying to erase season one of AJLT from my mind and thankfully I never saw the movies. I guess for me the real star of SATC was always Samantha Jones. She was always the character I enjoyed the most.

By avoiding AJLT, at least, I can still watch the original series and enjoy it for what it was.

Oh god that finale was awful. Seema (spelling?!) and her miserable face has zero chemistry with the guy she's in love with. Aidan turned out to be a dud! Miranda can't move for attracting women. The annoying podcast couple. EVERYONE was painful! I was waiting for the ceiling of the apartment to crash down and generate some drama 😂

• Advertisement

How exactly did Aiden and Carrie leave things, I remember him saying it would be five years and him not being able to travel as much(at all) bc of the kid.

But I think I must be wrong in that as it seemed an odd reaction to him doing a lot of what she did to him back in the day.

Aidan arriving at the party with a chainsaw and mask 😂😂😂

The Samantha scene seemed very contrived and fake, especially as we know how she really feels. It was unnecessary. If she got the reported money no wonder she did it.. The only couple that were not painful IMO were Lisa and Herbert. The rest! Surprised it got a third season too. Must be some big money earner.

For me, the sparse nuggets that ring true make it worth watching. We all age, we all end up parting ways with some friends regardless of what we think when we’re younger, some of us are widowed, some choose to go grey or not & most have teenage or older children that still need us. Are we all super wealthy, probably not. Do we all a have our wardrobe of choice, maybe not but I think we can all identify with challenging relationships even if the details are different.

Samantha could very well be someone with whom I might have ended up with a bit of distance from over the years, likewise Carrie. For me the most disappointing character is Miranda but who knows how we deal with how we age?

The show is a bit of escapism. Always was so I take it for what it is & (whisper) enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

And Carrie just couldn't stick to her one word rule and just went on and on. All about her as always!

• Advertisement

I think the bed scene at the end with Carrie and Aidan was the most we have ever seen of SJP, wasn't expecting that at all! She never did sex scenes in the original series. It was always apres sex scenes usually in her bra!

She has an anti-nudity clause in her contract.

Her knickers are always full briefs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭appledrop

Omg Che really is the worst character that was ever invented.

I've always hated her but just watched episode 5, season 2 she is self absorbed and selfish it's unreal.

What have they done to Mirandas character she is pathetic.

Charlotte is same as always, love Anthony his one lines are class, Seema I also like but just too much woke going on.

Carrie is much better so far this season( may change when Aidan appears) much more fun and back to herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭appledrop

Go on Steve, episode 6 lashing Miranda out of it, everything he said she deserved.

The cheek of her giving out to him for sleeping with some one.

Is she for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Didn't like that final episode at all. Firstly how did Carrie fit that enormous table into her little apartment. Why did she have to invite all those new, terrible characters. I'd much prefered to have seen just Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte eating take away food and opening a few bottles. It would have been a much better ending. Samantha could have video called the 3 of them. That would have been a much more authentic ending to the series. Well I watch season 3, of course I will 😉

Sara Ramirez has been officially dropped from the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,316 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good bloody riddance. One of the most irritating characters ever put on screen.

I agree but so many of the new characters are pointless and irritating

Saw that. Absolutely hated her character and how Miranda was around her. (Loved her in Grey's and liked her in madame secretary)

There's a few more "new" characters that could easily get dropped too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement