Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has parler gone dark?

Options
  • 11-01-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

I believe its been booted off almost everywhere now driving it to the dark side. Where will all the non tech savvy racists now go to vent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

supermarket queues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

_Brian wrote: »
    supermarket queues

I don't think most of them are brave enough to voice their opinions in public to actual people though. They're more the keyboard warrior types I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

ray_parlour350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,289 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Has Bitchute been binned yet?

pjohnson wrote: »

Only a matter of time I'd say. All the big tech companies seem to be running scared after the American insurrection debacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I believe its been booted off almost everywhere now driving it to the dark side. Where will all the non tech savvy racists now go to vent?

They’ll, probably, just stay in the “Current Affairs” forum.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Plenty of clouds to shout at.

Plenty of clouds to shout at.

So back to basics for them so. Is she who shall not be named using parler these days or how is she spouting her nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Ah Jaysus, get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I never used the app just like I never use twitter however I find it disguising what is happening, It is a complete power grab by authoritarians that make up the powers in American big tech, The US and free speech is screwed and all under the guise of the greater good, 'think like us or your gone'. The more I look into it the worse it gets and they keep lying to the public that is is for their own good, whatever happened to freedom and live and let live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I never used the app just like I never use twitter however I find it disguising what is happening, It is a complete power grab by authoritarians that make up the powers in American big tech, The US and free speech is screwed and all under the guise of the greater good. The more I look into it the worse it gets and they keep lying to the public that is is for their own good, whatever happened to freedom and live and let live?

tell that to the police officer victim of the violence stoked up by posts on parler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I never used the app just like I never use twitter however I find it disguising what is happening, It is a complete power grab by authoritarians that make up the powers in American big tech, The US and free speech is screwed and all under the guise of the greater good, 'think like us or your gone'. The more I look into it the worse it gets and they keep lying to the public that is is for their own good, whatever happened to freedom and live and let live?
    There's absolutely nothing preventing free speech here. Why should a private company be forced to provide a platform to anyone regardless of their political beliefs? Besides, have you seen the "free speech" on Parler? Posts about using zip-ties to strangle people, executions and even threats against Mike Pence. None of this was moderated. That's why it was taken down. Not because someone said "all lives matter" instead of "black lives matter".

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

*buys shares in Bebo*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

tell that to the police officer victim of the violence stoked up by posts on parler.

Or to the business owners who had their businesses looted and burned down by BLM terrorists because of violence stoked up on Twitter.

Oh that's right it's only people on the right who aren't entitled to riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Hyperbolic much? jeez

If you want to play those game then you do know the BLM protests that more than 20 people lost their lives was mostly organized through Twitter, with people showing support for the rioters and even organizing bail out money for any thugs(this is what left wing media are calling capital hill protestors) that were arrested. Jack Dorsey donated $3 million to Colin Kaepernick activist organization after Kaepernick said he wants call for a revolution.

By your logic we should ban twitter also.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I find it funny the most vocal social media gun nuts who have been telling everyone to move to parler for free speech , maintained there presence on insta and YouTube and never migrated over ,
    So much for free speech Vs money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

saw a post saying it had hacked as well. and they have downloaded images of peoples driving licences and all images and videos with geo tags intact and every post as well

https://twitter.com/kelsienick0531/status/1348513224887590912

And to think we used to give out about An Phoblacht

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

By your logic we should ban twitter also.

Twitter has the necessary bare minimum moderation processes in place that their hosts require of them to do business with them. Parler does not, and refuses to. No logic says that Twitter needs to be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It is a complete power grab by authoritarians
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Or to the business owners who had their businesses looted and burned down by BLM terrorists because of violence stoked up on Twitter.

Oh that's right it's only people on the right who aren't entitled to riot.

Wait the BLM riots started after a sitting president addressed a crowd of mouth breathing defects spreading lies and conspiracy theories and got them to march together (or drive away in his case) on the center of government to “show strength “)? I do remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Parler equaling free speech is lol. It is a far right echo chamber nothing more https://www.newsweek.com/parler-ted-cruz-approved-free-speech-app-already-banning-users-1514358

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Gatling wrote: »
    I find it funny the most vocal social media gun nuts who have been telling everyone to move to parler for free speech , maintained there presence on insta and YouTube and never migrated over ,
    So much for free speech Vs money

Funny, how? Maintaining a presence on insta and youtube makes them money. Did any of these "nuts" say they would boycott insta, youtube or any other platform? I never heard of Parler, but seems to me that the caphill riot was a perfect excuse to destroy the competition.
    Twitter has the necessary bare minimum moderation processes in place that their hosts require of them to do business with them. Parler does not, and refuses to. No logic says that Twitter needs to be banned.

Twitter only moderates one side. That much is well established.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

You left out Orwellian from this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I find it hilarious that the Jonestown crowd who thought Trump is their saviour is more concerned about his Twitter access than the quality of his content.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

pjohnson wrote: »

There's no Bitchute app

Well done on getting the quoting right that time! Kinda

It is a bit odd that people on an Internet forum are getting excited on ever more internet restrictions. Turkeys and Christmas.

If a leading politician in some authoritarian quasi democracy was booted off the major social media outlets in that country, eyebrows would be raised. Particularly if it was the last lame duck president. Then if another media outlet he might have used was also banned, eyebrows would indeed be raised further. It doesn't matter if the tech companies were nominally non government owned, I think we know that there would have been government interference. I wonder, in this case, if Biden made a few calls.

The question is whether companies like Apple and Amazon will now use the ban hammer to ban any speech that the US considers dangerous - we have already seen Al Jazeera and RT having to register as foreign agents. And Twitter still hosts the Ayatollah, but for how long?

The rest of the world perhaps needs its own internet company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Twitter only moderates one side. That much is well established.

Fact is that Twitter has a moderation policy in place, Parler does not, and have refused to create one. Many hosting companies require a moderation policy to be in place in order to do business. You can try to shoe-horn your political biases into it as much as you want, but facts are facts.

Advertisement