Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Attic Insulation - Waterford

Options
  • 06-01-2021 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone have any idea what it would cost to insulate (Floor and roof), floor and put a stairs into an attic in Waterford (Standard 3 bed semi). Would welcome any recommendations. My attic is dripping wet with condensation in the cold weather.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Insulation is not the solution to damp spaces - ventilation is. Your attic should have venting along one side of the eves and along the roof capping at the apex (depending on age of build).

Ask about this on the DIY or construction

sample query string https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=876&query=attic+condensation

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Thanks Harry,

I was thinking of getting it insulated anyway, the insulation that is there is poor. I think I may have caused the condensation part myself trying to block birds getting it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sure but only insulate the floor anything else is a waste unless you are going to make a working space up there

Get in and switch off the light and look for daylight along the eves.

Advertisement