Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snow - Overnight Wed/Thu 6th/7th January 2021

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Well I think the cloud ruined it for us. It came far too early.

I will check the temp in 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

Class photos Pádraig.

Thanks Ken

Important note made above about the local restrictions though and I understand that.
    Was really nice up there though and a proper tonic for this very stressful time we are all going through. Honestly the only living things we came close to were a fox and a few sheep. Glad I could share some snowy pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    And yet you predict up to 5cm for your area. Despite weakened precipitation.

Up to 5cm because that includes upland and mountainous areas of Laois. We're a 664 sq mile area county! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,546 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

AuntySnow wrote: »
    2c here in Arklow under cloud adjacent to showers hugging the coast
    Wet bulb is 0.4c and dewpoint is -1.4c

Your temperature should be taking a tumble imminently as winds go more off shore...

I don't have my temp right now but feels closer to freezing the last half hour or so.

Down to -2° in Kildare now. It’s been a while since I’ve witnessed the temperature drop that quickly earlier I’d go back to 2010

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    Down to -2° in Kildare now. It’s been a while since I’ve witnessed the temperature drop that quickly earlier I’d go back to 2010

You're perfectly poised.

Remember everyone, Gaoth Laidir has said he will be paying "handsome amounts" to any boardsie who does not see snow overnight.

So you win either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

It's down 2 degrees here in the space of an hour here. -1 now.

Rathmore east kerry/north cork border 150 asl.

You're perfectly poised.

I’ll hold your little green legs to that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I think it's time to post this disclaimer again. We're talking about a dusting for most. Very low precip totals.
    I need to post this. Don't be expecting to be snowed in.

538432.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I am a bit disappointed with the Euro4 for my low altitude location in Kerry :( Euro4 usually overestimates snow.

21010710_0612.gif

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Well I think the cloud ruined it for us. It came far too early.

I will check the temp in 2 hours.

Do that, and be sure to report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭circadian

Your temperature should be taking a tumble imminently as winds go more off shore...

I don't have my temp right now but feels closer to freezing the last half hour or so.

Yep, the car was reading 3C a few minutes ago, my hands are saying it's a lot colder than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭endainoz

Looks like Clare is avoiding any of this. North Clare where I am might see some rain alright. It would take some exceptional circumstances to see anything being so close to the sea.

The spring of 2018 was probably once in a lifetime for my area. The bright frosty mornings have been lovely though! Looking forward to seeing some pictures later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Down to -2c already here in Meath/Westmeath border.....it was 0c at 1pm this afternoon.......any snow that falls will have a nice cold cushion to lay on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Light precipitation moving into the west with a wintery mix in places. Looks very light so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Cloghan in Monaghan seems to have lying snow at side of the roads, unless my eyes deceive me? Is that snow or just the light?

download-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Pangea wrote: »
    Cloghan in Monaghan seems to have lying snow at side of the roads, unless my eyes deceive me? Is that snow or just the light?

download-1.jpg

Likely frost on the grass it was freezing all day up here with no thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

tenor.gif?itemid=3990963

Down to -2.1c in Southern Laois currently. Nearby Galmoy on the Laois-Kilkenny border is at -3.1c!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

There is still frost right down on the beach all day in Galway...so I wouldn't be surprised if we get snow...though its usually just rain/sleet we get from this kind of a situation...this time might be different there is no wind either so cold still in place...only problem now is though its looks very light on radar...theres always something wrong when it gets cold enough for snow

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭bazlers

Looking forward to seeing a few flakes falling in the morning.
    Good Thread GL.
    Harder on the mods to manage it ; )

Radar

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Current temperatures

temp_uk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Radar

Current temperatures

Radar looks miserable for us,looks like it's decaying quite fast

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Radar looks miserable for us,looks like it's decaying quite fast

Was just about to post same! Very miserable looking!!!

Radar looks miserable for us, looks like it's decaying quite fast

Alot still out to sea beyond the radar field of view.

Based on Met Éireann's 00Z aviation chart.

538570.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Was just about to post same! Very miserable looking!!!

I'm assuming there's a bit more to come in, but this is sad chasing a few miserable flakes. I'll be lamppost checking though at 3 am probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Genuine question and I know I'll probably get eaten alive but here goes. How can you tell it's going to be light snow as opposed to heavy snow fall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

pad199207 wrote: »
    Thanks Ken

Important note made above about the local restrictions though and I understand that.
    Was really nice up there though and a proper tonic for this very stressful time we are all going through. Honestly the only living things we came close to were a fox and a few sheep. Glad I could share some snowy pics :)

Good for the body and mind

Advertisement