Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brexit Effects in our Shops

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Iv never really shopped in M&S as I couldn't really afford to, minus the odd bits, but the food levels seem to have been low in comparison to the Tesco etc The usual items I'd buy in Tesco haven't been in stock since January. Since the start of January, I often popped in and got a few bits on their final marked reduction for really really cheap. I didn't follow the person doing the marking down around the shop like Iv seen being done towards closing.

For the sake of a family member of mine who works there, I hope M&S doesn't close in the center. They liking working there and her managers looks after her. They're a good employer. Since the start of covid they've given staff hamper bags of food etc

M&S would do well to take over one of the floors of the Debenhams, if not both. A larger Homeware, men's, kids, womenswear and food dept. I know a Alot of the Blanch staff go to LiffyVally for homeware and clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hurrache wrote: »
    Of course they do.j

Likely to be EU standards.

They have to comply with EU Food Safety Stanards so as to retail their products in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Agreed. A relocation to one or both Debenhams floors would be good. The M&S in Blanch seems so cramped compared to the ones in Liffey Valley or city centre. Admittedly, I'd never buy clothes there( they always seem so boring and conservative and on the pricey side) or rarely food shop there but would be a loss if it was to go as many people do shop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    They have to comply with EU Food Safety Stanards so as to retail their products in Ireland.

That's my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wilbury Twist

Havn't been able to find ginger cake for the last few months in Dublin 15 shops at all, used to be a favourite family treat at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Havn't been able to find ginger cake for the last few months in Dublin 15 shops at all, used to be a favourite family treat at the weekend.

That the jamaican ginger cake made by McVities (I think)? If so Tesco have it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Speaking of which, do they do the golden syrup version of the same cake too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Speaking of which, do they do the golden syrup version of the same cake too?

Sorry, no idea. I only knew re: the ginger one because my wife picked one up for her dad when we were doing some supplemental shopping for them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So.... You're making us all a cake, right?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
Advertisement