Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Search

Options
  • 02-01-2021 7:05pm

I have been applying for finance jobs since March covid started and it has been extremely difficult.
    Most times my CV is rejected upon application. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
    The jobs I was able to get were below what I should be paid for my qualification.
    Any advise will be helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭maneno

emulsifier wrote: »
    I have been applying for finance jobs since March covid started and it has been extremely difficult.
    Most times my CV is rejected upon application. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
    The jobs I was able to get were below what I should be paid for my qualification.
    Any advise will be helpful

Do you have any work experience as you mention that the jobs you were getting are below your qualifications?

@Maneno, thanks for replying.
    Yes I have 4 years experience in different areas of finance
    I am also recently qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭maneno

emulsifier wrote: »
    @Maneno, thanks for replying.
    Yes I have 4 years experience in different areas of finance
    I am also recently qualified

I would recommend tailoring your cover letter and cv to the specific jobs you are going for. There are loads of jobs going in finance, hope you catch a break, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

Just refreshing this thread rather than starting a new one...
    In my case I'm working in industry for over 10 years now, I'm degree qualified in environmental science and nearing the end of a distance learning postgraduate diploma.. Applied for an environmental management job lately in my locality which I would have expected to get an interview at least... Its hard to know if in the eyes of recruiters my work experience has pigeonholed me or I'm overqualified for what I'm applying for... Recruiters wont seem to give any feedback good or bad..

Advertisement