Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club fitting

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thanks, is that an outdoor fitting where you can see ball flight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, its at the driving range there, so get to see proper ball flight.

Lessons he (Mark) does are great as well, if only for the 5-7 minute review video he sends you after a lesson. So much better then trying to remember everything that was said in the lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Great thanks. Killarney isn't too far from me, should be even quicker with macroom bypassed. So could be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭plumber77

Lackabane was the name of the 3rd course that used to be there before Liebherr swallowed up some holes with expansion. There are still about 6 holes in play for the academy. It's a great place to practice.

So i had my fitting, and picked out my new irons today. Was a really good session, where a lot i didn't really understand was explained to me (offset, kick point etc...). Tried around 7 different clubs, got data on all of them with various shafts, then measured out the length, grip thickness and lie. Well worth doing it, and i think it would benefit anyone who's looking to upgrade hardware. Near 2 hours trying all that as well. Was wrecked from hitting balls constantly 😂

Went with the Cobra Forged Tec (4i-PW) in the end, wasn't the longest of the lot, but comfortably the most accurate. Looks great, and feels really nice as well. Xtra stiff, +.5 inch length, +2 upright and slightly thicker grips.

Only question now is if they'll be here before Corballis (said 2 weeks) 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Having seen your speed I could only recommend sponges on your iron faces.

Best of everything with your new clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

How much did they set you back @Kiith ?

€1200 total, with some upgraded grips. Cannot wait to get them...desperate to shank my 1st shot 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi all

relatively new to golf

got a set of hand me downs and while I’m getting on ok I am seeing issues with the lie of the club.

I find it’s too upright and I am having to overcompensate my swing.

id like to get some mileage out of these before buying my own.

is it feasible to change the lie or what would you recommend.

how much would it cost to change a set or irons

im based in Galway if that helps

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Any golf club or golf shop can adjust it for you by a couple of degrees assuming they are a decent brand than can be bent a little

• Advertisement

its an old set, cobra 3100 i

good to know il ask around, would it cost much?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They should be fine, 5-10€ per club. Once someone has the machine it’s easy enough.

https://youtu.be/HCOW_lTPziI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I am seeing issues with the lie of the club. I find it’s too upright and I am having to overcompensate my swing.

If you're relatively new to golf, I would doubt this is the major factor in issues you're having. If your clubs are hand-me-downs, then 5 to 10 euros per club is a fair old outlay on something that may not yield any benefits.

Have you just arrived at this conclusion yourself? I'd get a lesson and ask the pro first before makingany adjustments. You'd likely be better off getting a used set of standard lie game improvement irons for not much more money.

i had a lesson from a pro a while back who questioned where I got them from..made a reference about the lie being to upright on set up.

I was fairly clueless at the time but he suggested gripping down on the club to manage it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭REFLINE1

Any pros or cons for Concept Golf versus Foregolf? Plan to get full fitting. Concept is more convenient location for me but as far as i can see its all indoors and I've a bit of a mental block about hitting into a screen, prefer to do it on a range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Russman

Having been to both, personally I'd go with Concept Golf over Foregolf. Mark came across as a really good and knowledgeable guy (not saying Foregolf aren't that either, its purely personal preference). I get the hitting into a screen indoors thing, I was a bit dubious too at first, but you're using good quality golf balls and its closed data, as opposed to range balls in Killeen. Nothing really bad to say about either in fairness, probably less of a hard sell with Concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

Anyone have any experience with a fitting at Fota? Is it done in a simulator or range?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Quahog217

Its on a range with Trackman, Ronan is excellent, not trying to sell you anything, just trying to find the best fit then its up to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

Great, thank you. I've heard he's good for lessons so I figured he'd be good for fitting too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement