Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archbishop calls on RTÉ to remove 'blasphemous' clip

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Can anybody actually tell me what that Tommy Tiernan joke was? I didn't see it, all articles referring to it don't mention the joke just that it was "offensive". YouTube doesn't have it either... I know it was something to do with Jesus, but what?
    Wasn't it something about the crucifixion? I cant really remember.

I didn't have an issue with that beyond not enjoying it, as its live TV and a comedian, a guest on a show. you kind of know what you're getting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Can anybody actually tell me what that Tommy Tiernan joke was? I didn't see it, all articles referring to it don't mention the joke just that it was "offensive". YouTube doesn't have it either... I know it was something to do with Jesus, but what?

I vaguely remember seeing it. I think Tommy was playing Jesus on the cross or Jesus was calling him over from the cross to tell him something. Jesus says something funny at the end like 'I can see your house from here' or some such.

Absolute war over it at the time.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/rte-finds-late-late-furore-far-from-funny-1.133607
    "That night was the first inkling I got of people's anger," Tiernan says. "RTE informed me they'd had over 300 calls. The people who couldn't get through on the phone drove out there. They were very upset and wanted to see me. I had to camp in the hospitality room. It was one in the morning before they all left."

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sounds pretty harmless but there were plenty of those sort of eejits still around in the 90s

If they're still around I don't know how they cope with Ireland today ;)

"As we have seen in other countries and faiths, mocking people's religious beliefs can be very dangerous," Mulholland says.

Well of course the obvious solution is to kowtow to the crazies and the head-choppers and never say anything that might offend them :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement