Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Premium increases

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

On my 2007 1.8 Opel Vectra SRI my insurance dropped by over €100 compared to last year. Very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

galwaytt wrote: »
    Not pleased with Aviva in this house :mad:

53, full licence,
    Full Aviva NCB, spouse with Aviva on her car, and full NCB with them too.
    AIM Advanced Driving
    RoSPA Advanced - Gold
    No points on licence - ever
    2400 miles a year

Won't quote.

Reason ? Car age: it's an 06 Clio 1.2

That is beyond pulling the pi$$

www.123.ie declining to quote for same reason now too.

That’s mad alright.

Our cars are both 2000 models, never a problem getting a renewal quote.

The prices have varied definitely, but never anything too crazy.

Any joy with insure.ie, or kennco?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

BOSTIK wrote: »
    That’s mad alright.

Our cars are both 2000 models, never a problem getting a renewal quote.

The prices have varied definitely, but never anything too crazy.

Any joy with insure.ie, or kennco?

123.ie is kennco, no quote

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

Might be quicker to just ring a broker, you’ll get a good indication of what kind of premium your car will attract from the general market if nothing else.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

123 is RSA.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    123 is RSA.

Well when the 'no quote' message came up, a window also opened up saying to you want KennCo to contact you ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Well when the 'no quote' message came up, a window also opened up saying to you want KennCo to contact you ?

Presumably an offload to Kennco of a customer they don't want. 123 is a tied agent of RSA, owned by RSA

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭GusGus

I changed my yesterday . Car value increased by about 5k ( that’s not a major issue ). It was going from a 201 to a 211. current insurer wanted €338 extra for remainder of the year . A 45% increase for no real reason .

Lesson Iv learned is that if your changing your car then don’t go with people like the AA. They might get you an ok deal at the start but if you change car they destroy you . ( I get it’s nit the AA it’s the insurers sub- sidary)

My issue now is how do I ensure continuity of insurance as a new company will offer far lower insurance but has to have a cancellation letter - AA wil only send one after they receive a letter by post snd won’t send anything to new insurer .

Looks like there will be a time delay to get new insurer .

GusGus wrote: »
    I changed my yesterday . Car value increased by about 5k ( that’s not a major issue ). It was going from a 201 to a 211. current insurer wanted €338 extra for remainder of the year . A 45% increase for no real reason .

Lesson Iv learned is that if your changing your car then don’t go with people like the AA. They might get you an ok deal at the start but if you change car they destroy you . ( I get it’s nit the AA it’s the insurers sub- sidary)

My issue now is how do I ensure continuity of insurance as a new company will offer far lower insurance but has to have a cancellation letter - AA wil only send one after they receive a letter by post snd won’t send anything to new insurer .

Looks like there will be a time delay to get new insurer .

AA are not your insurer: they're a broker.

Ring the company who's name is on the actual Cert (e.g. Aviva etc) and just go for a change of details and see what happens.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

JimmyVik wrote: »
    cruizer101 wrote: »
    Gone from 518 to 776 with Bank of Ireland, that is a 50% increase, think this might be my 4th year with them so probably time to move. Previous renewals had I think been less or only slightly more.

Car is 08 so its age might be playing a factor too.

Thats why you have a high quote :)

LEt us know what quotes you get from other companies.
    I reckon you'll reduce by 25 - 50% by moving.

So I made a mistake, I had a small tip last year and the other car had rang the insurance company, but we ended up settling with cash. Once got that claim cleared quote dropped to 389.

Happy enough with that, will try ring a few places but doubt will get much better on a 08 2.0l SUV.

• Advertisement

Renewal down €41 (~9%) from last year, third year with that insurer so I'll definitely be looking around but slightly surprised with that.

Advertisement