Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Threadbans vs forumbans

2»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

gozunda wrote: »

Apologies for the qs - but there's just one piece I can see about forums and bans or have I missed it?

This from Faqs

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_im_new_here#faq_bie_faq_im_new_here_forumban

That is pretty much it. However it is possible to receive a straight forum ban without prior cards, depending on what triggers it. For example if someone goes on a rampage in a forum mods are not going to go through a process of yellow, red, then ban. Equally some of our mods can spot the re-reg trolls straight off and will often issue a permanent forum ban pending the Admins intervening and issuing a permanent siteban

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Instead of faffing around with threadbans maybe it might be a better idea for Boards to trace the users IP and location and to then launch a no notice nuclear strike?

I know there would be a bit of work enriching uranium to the right level but once thats sorted there would be no more messing around on the site icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 81,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"World War 3 - it was over in 38 minutes, 9/10 humans died and it was started by some Irish lads to combat trolling."

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Think I can safely say:

Resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement