Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any used fitness equipment ireland ?or recomend elsewhere to order dumbbells?

• 30-12-2020 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭vafankillar

sent them a message earlier on facebook/instagram to no reply, rang but no answer, so just wondering has anyone used them recently and how was delivery and where you happy otherwise?

just wanting to order two hex dumb bells, or if anyone else has a recommendation for a somewhere to order from that does delivery, based in dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,655 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What size DBs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Plenty of stuff on Adverts and Donedeal as worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭vafankillar

What size DBs?

12.5kg or 15kg, probably 12.5kg since a bit more affordable.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Plenty of stuff on Adverts and Donedeal as worth a look.

there was a nice set lastt time i saw just before gyms opened back up and I let it slide, regretting it now. none in dublin or close enoguh to me there now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I’ve bought hex DBs from them (2 sets) in the past couple weeks. No issues. It was delivered in Dublin. Not mega fast but they’re legit enough.

• Advertisement

12.5kg or 15kg, probably 12.5kg since a bit more affordable.

https://touch.adverts.ie/weights/12-5-kg-hex-rubber-dumbells-pair/22420663

Their 15s are €110.

I've got a few bits and pieces off Gymless and always been happy. Quick with delivery.

I’ve bought hex DBs from them (2 sets) in the past couple weeks. No issues. It was delivered in Dublin. Not mega fast but they’re legit enough.

Around how long where you waiting can you remember?

Around how long where you waiting can you remember?

When I made the order I got an automated email from them acknowledging it and warning that because of a high volume of orders delivery times would be 4-7 working days. I can't say for sure but I do think it was within that time range. I ordered at the end of November and I've been using them for a while, I don't think I was waiting longer than 6-7 days.

I did notice at the time a lot of places were listing hex dumbbells that were actually pre-order, not in stock.

they got back to me today and said I could collect, didn't think they'd have that tbh, so will do that.

I assume 2 x 12.5kg dumbells would be completely fine weight-wise in a regular taxi's boot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

they got back to me today and said I could collect, didn't think they'd have that tbh, so will do that.

I assume 2 x 12.5kg dumbells would be completely fine weight-wise in a regular taxi's boot?

Of course. Weighs less than a full suitcase

• Advertisement

Is gym gear still going for silly prices?

I've a full home gym that never really gets much/any use, and was toying with the idea of selling it all, but never really put any more thought into it.

Is gym gear still going for silly prices?

I've a full home gym that never really gets much/any use, and was toying with the idea of selling it all, but never really put any more thought into it.

2020 saw a lot of rusty Argos weights taken out of sheds and put up on Done Deal as if it was a full set of Eleiko bar and competition plates :pac:

People are definitely still looking, though, yes ... Probably is the time to sell if you have something you're not using.

2020 saw a lot of rusty Argos weights taken out of sheds and put up on Done Deal as if it was a full set of Eleiko bar and competition plates :pac:

People are definitely still looking, though, yes ... Probably is the time to sell if you have something you're not using.

I've been thinking about it all day, and although I have a lot of decent gear, and a varied selection, at that, I reckon, although I don't really use it, if i were to part with it, I'd only end up missing it and re-buying it again down the road. So, much as it's probably a foolish decision, I'll hold onto it for the moment.

One thing I will say, though, is that my home gym stuff must be about 4-5 years old by now, and it's all still in great shape. It's a worthy investment it would seem. Albeit, I bought my stuff all from new, because I felt the second-hand prices were stupidly high and too close to brand new prices (and that was long before the lockdown price boosting).

I've been thinking about it all day, and although I have a lot of decent gear, and a varied selection, at that, I reckon, although I don't really use it, if i were to part with it, I'd only end up missing it and re-buying it again down the road. So, much as it's probably a foolish decision, I'll hold onto it for the moment.

One thing I will say, though, is that my home gym stuff must be about 4-5 years old by now, and it's all still in great shape. It's a worthy investment it would seem. Albeit, I bought my stuff all from new, because I felt the second-hand prices were stupidly high and too close to brand new prices (and that was long before the lockdown price boosting).

Better equipment will hold its price for a lot longer so decent gear that's second hand won't necessarily be knocked down an awful lot compared to new.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Abcryan123

I recently bought adjustable dumbbells, they are expensive but I feel they are worth it. Should be good for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭swededmonkey

I got a set 10kg, 20kg, 30kg dumbells with a pull up bar from bar from pull up monster. They're based in glasnevin. I contacted them through WhatsApp on their Facebook page and collected the next day. Everything made from steel and happy with the quality and quick turnaround considering the demand for home equipment

fitness equipment ireland sold out, and was just in the process of ordering somewhere else and they sold out. christ, it rly is hard to just get a pair of hex dumbbells in dublin

fitness equipment ireland sold out, and was just in the process of ordering somewhere else and they sold out. christ, it rly is hard to just get a pair of hex dumbbells in dublin

gymless on adverts have stuff, might be on pre order though

bluewolf wrote: »
    gymless on adverts have stuff, might be on pre order though

seems like the only option, just i'm off this week and usually no one home. they're shipping from the 7th with 2/3 working days so likely just as i head back to work next week. what would happen with something like this if no one was home ? i know a lot of people are workign from home but dont understand how people who aren't are ever supposed to be able actually get deliveries lol

EDIT: just saw this on their facebook, so hoepfully i can ask to leave out the back or something.

"Our couriers will notify you of the delivery date when they receive your goods, where you will have the option to make alternative arrangements such as leave with neighbour, change day etc. directly with the courier."

Try this....29 pairs of the 12.5s left

• Advertisement

sound everyone for replies. just ordered with gymless. hopefully they'll be quick and if worst comes to worst and the lockdown extends I can order again if needed!

sound everyone for replies. just ordered with gymless. hopefully they'll be quick and if worst comes to worst and the lockdown extends I can order again if needed!

The only time I had to wait more than 3 working days with them was when I ordered a slam ball that they didn't have in stock. I think I ended up getting it in about 7 working days but they had offered an alternative that would have arrived within 3 days of the order so couldn't complain even if I was the kind to.

My fitness ire order that was 4-7 days arrived in 3

they were supposed to be dispatched tomorrow but somehow arrived today so that worked out brilliantly :D delighted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Their 15s are €110.

I've got a few bits and pieces off Gymless and always been happy. Quick with delivery.

wouldnt mind these myself but steep enough, i never knew these would be that expensive

wouldnt mind these myself but steep enough, i never knew these would be that expensive

And that's a good price for those.

You'll pay more even for the new companies sprouting up here that are making their own.

they were supposed to be dispatched tomorrow but somehow arrived today so that worked out brilliantly :D delighted

:)
    Like I said, I have always found them good to deal with and quick with delivery so have mentioned them a few times on the forum and gone back for a few more items over time.

ffs, had my headphones in this morning and thought I heard the doorbell ring, and just noticed a missed call.

just realized now i've ordred two ****ing pairs.

since they were half the price and so many of the sites were selling one for that price, i automatically hit x 2, since i kept fearing all week i'd accidentally only order 1 when I was looking around (and maybe even get stuck with one for weeks since orders keep selling out)

****ing knew it went too smoothly, nothing ever goes that smoothly

ffs, had my headphones in this morning and thought I heard the doorbell ring, and just noticed a missed call.

just realized now i've ordred two ****ing pairs.

since they were half the price and so many of the sites were selling one for that price, i automatically hit x 2, since i kept fearing all week i'd accidentally only order 1 when I was looking around (and maybe even get stuck with one for weeks since orders keep selling out)

****ing knew it went too smoothly, nothing ever goes that smoothly

Have done that myself before thinking they weren't sold as a pair.

Nor with dumbbells mind. Just sold the spare set on Donedeal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

And that's a good price for those.

You'll pay more even for the new companies sprouting up here that are making their own.
    p
    cheers id no idea of the price of these

anyway, these were €100, if anyone wants them they can have em for €75, collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

anyway, these were €100, if anyone wants them they can have em for €75, collection

That's a very good price for any one local to you that are looking.

Unfortunately, anyone hoping for retailers of kettlebells, dumbbells and similar to restock at a good price any time soon are in for a nasty surprise.

Like a lot of people, I had thought retailers were price gouging and taking advantage of the current crisis. It's this that has had me looking at setting up an import business myself and to charge normal prices.

However, I've come to realize that it's not retailers faults, but shipping companies. The shipping of a typical container from China has rocketed from about $1,500-$1,600 before the current crisis to about $13,000-$15,000 today.

It's expected to be quite some time after Chinese New Year before rates start to come down by any meaningful amount and one might be able to source dumbbells, kettlebells and similar at less inflated prices.

People making and selling dumbbells directly here aren't exactly charging mates rates either.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

People making and selling dumbbells directly here aren't exactly charging mates rates either.

Agree with this. I'm sure it's a skillful art and time consuming possibly but the rates of some of these guys who make plates are crazy. Pure greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 melissajeffrey

Hello,
    When I started to work out, I got DBz from my friend, but I paid it after some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fitness08

Check out Fitness Equipment Dublin for all types of fitness equipment. You will find a variety of hex dumbbells in different sizes.

Advertisement