Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rave in an AirBnB in Laois, tickets available now for part II on NYE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The tunes seemed decent enough. Those gas cannister highs seem widespread with the chisselers, fools unable to enjoy themselves on booze alone, basket case humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

Assorted baggies all over the ground - No doubt they were chewing the faces off themselves as well.

God I'm so jealous.

Be some precedent if yer one got Airbnb to pay for the cleanup. I was thinking I might rent my gaf to myself on it to see if they'll do it for us as well next time we have a mad one.

The hostess massively reminds me of my boss, so you can imagine the story has a particular draw for me, for a litany of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

AirBnb should be made illegal in this country, just like Uber is.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Can’t even imagine the distress this caused the poor woman. Irish people are so scummy on Airbnb compared to other nationalities. Always lying , drinking, smoking, spilling , sex. Refused 20+ groups requests this summer and autumn alone. All new profiles, 18-25 year olds in big groups of 6-10. All would be relatively local too, not on the other side of the country.

My aunt rents a basement apartment, had a group of 4 boys book in for 2 nights. All was grand night 1, chatted away on check in, had talks of hiking + swimming next day .. all so rosey in the garden. Aunt went shopping for the day at 8am. By 10am 4 girls and 2 more fellas arrived. Tunes blaring by midday, screaming smoking drinks etc... totally unannounced.this apartment is attached to her family home. Anyway by checkout day we confronted them and got them to pay up... they blatantly denied any girls or guys stayed (literally just as the hens walked out to the car lol) didn’t pay up. Had to torment them. Only got some compensation when we threatened to contact the guards. Basement was absolutely filthy. Condoms everywhere broken glass **** you name it.

God bless our youth. Their idea of “fun” is twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Why? Not everyone is a big dirty landlord type. I’ve a cottage i inherited and it holds serious sentimental value to me. Completely refurbished. No chance will I ever rent that out long term. It’s mine and I’ll do what I see fit. I’d rather have access to it when I want it. I’ll let it sit idle rather than stuffing a family of 8 in there for 600 a month lol

Same goes for everyone else in the similar situation.

Ban people renting commercially ... not the whole website

• Advertisement

Skipduke wrote: »
    Why? Not everyone is a big dirty landlord type. I’ve a cottage i inherited and it holds serious sentimental value to me. Completely refurbished. No chance will I ever rent that out long term. It’s mine and I’ll do what I see fit. I’d rather have access to it when I want it. I’ll let it sit idle rather than stuffing a family of 8 in there for 600 a month lol
    Instead of stuffing them in you could have a one in, one out system

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Thanks OP. I had considered watching Marty Whelan ring in then new year on RTE but this looks like a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Spastics

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

They’re an absolute embarrassment, the lot.

I’ve done some shameful stuff in my time and still enjoy the sesh perhaps a bit too much, but the absolute disdain from these scumbags for pandemic regulations and this woman’s property is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Skipduke wrote: »

Same goes for everyone else in the similar situation.

Ban people renting commercially ... not the whole website

You'll do what you want within laws and regulations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No comment from the guards, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

That's not a rave.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No comment from the guards, really?

Probably under investigation.

It wasn't a well thought out plan. Rent somewhere and destroy it. Easy to trace. Criminal masterminds!

Whatever happened to outdoor raves in the middle of nowhere eh?

Biscuit chewers are always total w&nkers these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's ok, airbnb removed that guest from the platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

Catholic Ireland still having an influence it seems. People pulling the skeleton out of themselves to tut tut at others while getting on their knees and sticking out their tongue in front of the Bishop. I'm not condoning the rave considering the damage it caused to the property but condemning the high horses people are riding around on the last year.

.....bla bla bla... .

A load of w#nkers ruined someone's house.... WTF are you on about?

Augeo wrote: »
    A load of w#nkers ruined someone's house.... WTF are you on about?

Yes, the house damage I condemned.

Have your morning coffee and come back to me, you seem upset.

What was your previous username? I'm not upset at all, just can't fathom what you're on about but I'm like that when folk are speaking nonsense :)

Augeo wrote: »
    What was your previous username? I'm not upset at all, just can't fathom what you're on about but I'm like that when folk are speaking nonsense :)

Damaging the Airbnb owner's property is very poor form, that is what needs to be condemned.

You attack those who like to rave for some reason, in a pretty nasty way. That isn't nice.

• Advertisement

Ah I've offended a biscuit eater :D
    Oh no, sincere apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

And lo, he that eateth of thine biscuits shall cheweth his own head.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    That's not a rave.
    Fair point, well made

By Laois standards, it's close enough tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

The tunes seemed decent enough. Those gas cannister highs seem widespread with the chisselers, fools unable to enjoy themselves on booze alone, basket case humans.

Fools? Basket case humans? Because they don't take the drug that you recommend? Or they take the drug that you recommend and some others?

Only legal drugs are ok, is that it? Because the government say so?

Not condoning their activity at all, it was awful. The renting of the air BnB under false pretences, the wrecking of the place, the total disregard for public health restrictions. They should be ashamed of themselves.

But to call them fools because they enjoy different things to you is ridiculous and shows a real lack of thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Some old timey tunes. Why didn't they put on the modern stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

To the knackers leaving their used gas canisters and balloons strewn all over the place at various beauty spots maybe put them in a bag and depose of them properly next time?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭pgj2015

very poor taste in music, I wouldn't be seen anywhere near that so called rave.

JCDUB wrote: »
    But to call them fools because they enjoy different things to you is ridiculous and shows a real lack of thought.

Yes, these folk arent necessarily fools. A pack of mouth breathing w@nkers definitely but maybe not fools. Decent chance they are fools though TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Few choons, be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

Damaging the Airbnb owner's property is very poor form, that is what needs to be condemned.

You attack those who like to rave for some reason, in a pretty nasty way. That isn't nice.

Grow up you yeh baby. Don’t be so self-conscious in your hobbies, we’re not giving out about raves.

Advertisement