Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date ideas

Options
  • 27-12-2020 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Apologies about bumping an old thread, but didn’t really want to start a new 1 as there is a good few (can’t find upto date one) -

Any date ideas during COVID with restaurants, bars, cinemas etc. closed? It doesn’t really help this time of year with dark/wet days to do something outdoors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

theres coffee shops open with tables outside , go to stephens green ,take a walk in the park, i think its too cold for a picnic.
    i think people are using apps to date, options are limited now with most places
    being closed .
    i see people drinking at tables outside pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

With reference to the original OP, how did the date turn out?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Apologies about bumping an old thread, but didn’t really want to start a new 1 as there is a good few (can’t find upto date one) -

Any date ideas during COVID with restaurants, bars, cinemas etc. closed? It doesn’t really help this time of year with dark/wet days to do something outdoors.

Have you known her for a while or will it be a real first date scenario?

We'll need a general idea of you location for suggestions too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I've moved these posts to their own thread. I don't see any benefit to them being attached to a 5 year old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Scuba diving would provide inherent covid protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

A drive out to some touristy area or route. Maybe even park by a lake with a good view. If weather good, take a walk. If not, drop the hand

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

YYYY-MM-DD as per ISO 8601

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Have you known her for a while or will it be a real first date scenario?

We'll need a general idea of you location for suggestions too.

Talking to her 2 weeks , it would be first real date. It’s Galway city. It’d be likely an evening during the week so would be dark.

By the sounds of things retail going to close soon so that would rule some other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Remember to wait 14 days before you move in for the kiss.

kowloon wrote: »
    Remember to wait 14 days before you move in for the kiss.

You don’t know the OPs circumstances.

He might be gagging for the shift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Get a dog! You get to go walkies regardless of the weather

Serenade her in your car

Take turns cooking for each other

Foot turf

Date night at Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I am surprised it didn't occur to you OP.

I mean its obvious. Twister. Then board games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

9/11

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A drive out to some touristy area or route. Maybe even park by a lake with a good view. If weather good, take a walk. If not, drop the hand

He already has skid marks on them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Go looking for Christmas lights.
    Honestly, maybe even do a picnic in your car.

Radio and heaters on, make food, get takeaway coffee. Park up somewhere nice.

Helps if you drive a nice car..

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hodger

Chances are there could be a full level 5 lockdown soon meaning it will be take away only everywhere as ourdoor dining will be out. In that event you could order take away from a restaurant and go to a picnic area that has tables and both have the take away food to add to the date as a suggestion to show a romantic side you could bring your Ipod or Iphone with spotify and have a playlist of love songs to play over a bluetooth speaker not at full volume of course but at volume you can both enjoy and engage in conversation at the same time.

Go for a walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Cook the person dinner in your place and make sure you have fresh bed clothes on the bed.

Nothing worse than a big **** stain on the sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,534 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Salthill Prom with the westward isles visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Riding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Riding

That's what it boils down to. All the dates and baloney and they end up tearing at each other in bed after. Then if it doesn't work out you have to go through the same thing again. If it does work out you just have to adjust to one another for whatever length of time it goes on for. I suppose there is a sense of excitement about it though as well. Don't want to appear too cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Riding

That's where lockdown helps.

No bathrooms open anywhere, she'll need to use one eventually.

"Sure I only live 5 mins away, come back to mine" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Talking to her 2 weeks , it would be first real date. It’s Galway city. It’d be likely an evening during the week so would be dark.

By the sounds of things retail going to close soon so that would rule some other options.

Your options are very limited with restrictions and the weather. Chances are she won't want to spend much time out in the cold and rain.

Do either of you drive? A car picnic or even a coffee looking out across the Atlantic would be relaxed and no pressure to come up with ideas. If it goes well suggest taking things to the back seat. Have a blanket handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Riding

I wouldn't snog on the first date never mind shag.

Op it's a tough one, going for drink or food is the best 1st date really.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Bone yard

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Go looking for Christmas lights.
    Honestly, maybe even do a picnic in your car.

Radio and heaters on, make food, get takeaway coffee. Park up somewhere nice.

Helps if you drive a nice car..

A drive somewhere nice and a mcflurry seems the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I've moved these posts to their own thread. I don't see any benefit to them being attached to a 5 year old thread

Welcome back Larry. How was Amsterdam?

A drive somewhere nice and a mcflurry seems the obvious.

Don’t be cheap bro buy her the whole meal not just dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Hodger wrote: »
    Chances are there could be a full level 5 lockdown soon meaning it will be take away only everywhere as ourdoor dining will be out. In that event you could order take away from a restaurant and go to a picnic area that has tables and both have the take away food to add to the date as a suggestion to show a romantic side you could bring your Ipod or Iphone with spotify and have a playlist of love songs to play over a bluetooth speaker not at full volume of course but at volume you can both enjoy and engage in conversation at the same time.

Do not do that, unless you find being vomited on kinky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kick the wall on the prom.

Advertisement