Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir -worst customer care support and experience i've had, so far !!

Options
  • 27-12-2020 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, few weeks ago I swapped my phone number from tesco,which I thought had a bad coverage and data, to eir, buying a new phone from eirstore and taking the 59.99 eu/month bill pay plan , for the advantage of using unlimited stuff, 5g mobile data and a free 5g smartphone , asking the store manager if the area where I am living is 5g covered , obviously the answer -yes. After few hours of waiting , my number was transfered and I noticed that I have very bad signal , and the net speed was less than 1 Mb/s , with 2 out of 4 network bands and 5g, which was appearing for few minutes and after that I was n t able to see even 3g. This was the moment when I realised that I ****ed up, very bad.
    I wasn t able (still I am not able after more than 2 weeks) to use my mobile data,sometimes I get 0(zero) coverage, and thats not only indoors, or only near my house , but there is something worse than this , I couldn t recieve calls, when someone tried to call me I only received voicemail messages, but most of the times i didn t get anything. People just tried to call me and nothing happened.
    Since the second day after swap I started to call customer care support service and technical support service. I called them daily sometimes few times a day , trying to make at least smth to sort out the whole situation. Every time I heard different theories and opinions of this could be. I ve done lot of things, including sim swap , phone swap, setting update/change, used different modes for mobile networks and connection, waited until they updated masts and so on, and apparently nothing have changed after all this. I came to a conclusion that this all has to stop , it just doesn t work for me and I have to cease the contract and bring the phone back to the store as it was already 22nd of december, and I didn t want to meet Xmas/ Winter holidays without the ability of receiving calls and use my mobile data.
    I kept calling them asking for help or as a last resort to cease the contract and stop the whole missunderstanding, as I was advised by a team member once, but couldn t do as I have to pay 1050 eu for contract cancelling . Now ,yesterday ,dec 23rd, I spoke to a team member who told me I have to wait one more week because he issued a ticket for my problem, but what other team members during the last 2 weeks did , I have no clue.
    And guess what , I HAVE TO wait 1 week not like someone asked me if I can /what I think, because it Xmas eve , anyway , there are still a lot of funny situations that could be told, but from all what happened I have a "bitter taste " of human undestanding , I my opinion no one cared at all for my issue, they just kept advising me what they think will work out,and after I asked them to put themselves in my place and just try to imagine that you can not use ur phone and mobile data for 2 weeks, as anwer keeping to hear that there is nothing they can do to help me and I have to wait.
    I only want to say thank you to eir company for worst Xmas in my life , behind the frustration and disappointing I am still not able to use my phone. Well done!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

whitmannn wrote: »
    Hi, few weeks ago I swapped my phone number from tesco,which I thought had a bad coverage and data, to eir, buying a new phone from eirstore and taking the 59.99 eu/month bill pay plan , for the advantage of using unlimited stuff, 5g mobile data and a free 5g smartphone , asking the store manager if the area where I am living is 5g covered , obviously the answer -yes. After few hours of waiting , my number was transfered and I noticed that I have very bad signal , and the net speed was less than 1 Mb/s , with 2 out of 4 network bands and 5g, which was appearing for few minutes and after that I was n t able to see even 3g. This was the moment when I realised that I ****ed up, very bad.
    I wasn t able (still I am not able after more than 2 weeks) to use my mobile data,sometimes I get 0(zero) coverage, and thats not only indoors, or only near my house , but there is something worse than this , I couldn t recieve calls, when someone tried to call me I only received voicemail messages, but most of the times i didn t get anything. People just tried to call me and nothing happened.
    Since the second day after swap I started to call customer care support service and technical support service. I called them daily sometimes few times a day , trying to make at least smth to sort out the whole situation. Every time I heard different theories and opinions of this could be. I ve done lot of things, including sim swap , phone swap, setting update/change, used different modes for mobile networks and connection, waited until they updated masts and so on, and apparently nothing have changed after all this. I came to a conclusion that this all has to stop , it just doesn t work for me and I have to cease the contract and bring the phone back to the store as it was already 22nd of december, and I didn t want to meet Xmas/ Winter holidays without the ability of receiving calls and use my mobile data.
    I kept calling them asking for help or as a last resort to cease the contract and stop the whole missunderstanding, as I was advised by a team member once, but couldn t do as I have to pay 1050 eu for contract cancelling . Now ,yesterday ,dec 23rd, I spoke to a team member who told me I have to wait one more week because he issued a ticket for my problem, but what other team members during the last 2 weeks did , I have no clue.
    And guess what , I HAVE TO wait 1 week not like someone asked me if I can /what I think, because it Xmas eve , anyway , there are still a lot of funny situations that could be told, but from all what happened I have a "bitter taste " of human undestanding , I my opinion no one cared at all for my issue, they just kept advising me what they think will work out,and after I asked them to put themselves in my place and just try to imagine that you can not use ur phone and mobile data for 2 weeks, as anwer keeping to hear that there is nothing they can do to help me and I have to wait.
    I only want to say thank you to eir company for worst Xmas in my life , behind the frustration and disappointing I am still not able to use my phone. Well done!!

Yeah had the same issue about 2 years back

Actually the exact same scenario as yourself! I went into a store and told them to take the phone off me and made sure that the security cameras where working so I could prove I gave the phone back walked out of the eir shop cancelled my DD and walked into Vodafone and contracted with them with no coverage issues since!!

Just do this They are going to hassle you about cancelling your contract for a little bit you’ll get calls and texts emails etc before ultimately it will be escalated to a debt collector

When this happens just explain to the debt collector that you had the phone a couple of days it didn’t work and you brought it back to the shop within the 14 days cooling off period if they still have this even if they don’t it’s fine tell them not to contact you again unless you are being supplied with a civil summons and your more than delighted to take your case to court after this you won’t hear from them again

Eir are useless as we all know now!! Under the current climate I doubt they would want more bad press just bring the phone back and port to someone else!!!

There not going to solve your issue !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭corks finest

whitmannn wrote: »

Hope you get sorted ASAP, you're on a long long list of dissatisfied ex Eir customers, thread upon thread on various platforms about those baboons, how comreg let's them away with the rubbish they've been at for years is anyone's guess, they're not just inept they shamefully and brazenly lie at times, constantly drop calls, lose customers logs etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I'm surprised eir have any customers left to be honest.

After my bad experience I would never entertain their products again regardless of how great a deal it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I agree with the sentiments above, but what 14 day cooling period are you talking about? The only one I know of is when you buy online and get it delivered, not in a shop like the OP says.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whitmannn

Thanks for support lads!!

Advertisement