Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money did you give to Jeff Bezos this year?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Deshawn wrote: »
    I own 3.9 Amazon shares

So close to $12k worth? Nice.

I try not to use it but it does have things that you would find hard to get elsewhere. I do like that suggestion above of checking if the seller has their own site, will try that in the future. We do have the extra issue of being a country at the edge of a continent, so some sellers won't ship here, and after a recent bad experience with Parcel Motel, I'm reluctant to use those types of services again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭ratracer

Probably a few grand. Why? Because I can look from the comfort of my sofa and have it delivered in a very quick timeframe, usually cheaper than trudging through town trying to find a similar product.

I don’t know if I’ll be ordering much from them in 2021 though, at least until I see what happens post Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/AMZN/amazon/net-profit-margin

Its a volume game. Net margins are single digit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Tzardine wrote: »
    Interesting Jeff Bezos fact.

If you lodged $250,000 into your bank account every day since Jesus was (allegedly) born this night 2020 years ago, you would still be poorer than Jeff.

Think about that for a second.

That's absolute nonsense, there weren't any banks back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not a thing and it's not because I have anything against him just nothing on the site I want and I find it to be clumsy as well. Much better sites elsewhere that have more of what I want and for better prices. My brother on the other hand spent a fortune I would say on it. Don't get me wrong I have bought things of it just not recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

£3052.53 over 36 orders.

Over £2k of that was two orders, a new PC (parts) and a new iPhone which if retail was open I would have bought in CompuB.

I have no issues with Jeff's immense wealth or capitalism in general. It's a free market, he's played it well and it worked out for him. He should use the money to treat his workers better, but I don't think there could be many more laws compelling him to do so that aren't overreaching.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

105 transactions on Amazon this year. So far... I will be buying 2 ebooks as gifts tomorrow morning.
    I read a lot, and all my reading this year has been on my Kindle as the libraries have been closed or not accessible to me due to Covid. So a lot of those transactions were book purchases.

Advertisement