Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It was Crissssmas eve babe….. in the drunk tank….

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

joe40 wrote: »
    The NYPD don't even have a choir...

Agree, a great song.

There's no rivers of gold neither...

Great song, great production and performances from 2 very different artists. To those that say it's overrated, not good etc, fair enough it's an opinion, but it's a fantastic collaboration..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Years ago in London ( possibly around 1999 ) I saw Shane and the pogues ( who whatever they were called at the time it could have been the popes ) , it was our ' Christmas Gig ' and was at the Town And Country Club in Kentish town which is one of the best spots in London for a gig

Last song of the evening was Fairytale on NY , and Kirsty Mccoll ( RIP ) came on and sang with them

I can honestly say it was magical

I also say them I think at Wembley Arena ( not a great place for a gig ) and his mother ( RIP ) came on to sing it with him , god bless her she utterly murdered it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

iamstop wrote: »
    Don't listen to the Bon Jovi 'version'.

Matt Cooper played a bit on the Last Word yesterday. Sweet Jesus and the orphans, dreadful doesnt even begin to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

rtron wrote: »
    There's no rivers of gold neither...

Great song, great production and performances from 2 very different artists. To those that say it's overrated, not good etc, fair enough it's an opinion, but it's a fantastic collaboration..

But it's still only one Christmas song in a sea of Christmas songs .........

'MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY'
    by Slade is a cracking Christmas song.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Overplayed. Unimaginative go-to Xmas choice for Irish djs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kirsty Mccaul has a really annoying voice so I'm not a huge fan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

.anon. wrote: »
    Quite possibly the most overrated song of all time. Which is a shame because it's musically good. Its ubiquity at Christmas, coupled with the fact that some people go on and on about how good it is, has given it an undeserved 'marmite-like' quality.

Ohhhhh you're so edgy and cool with your criticism!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Ohhhhh you're so edgy and cool with your criticism!!

'Criticism'? I literally said it's a good song. Do you understand what words mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

It was Christmas Eve babe
    Livin' on a prayer
    An old man said to me
    You give love a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Yester wrote: »
    It was Christmas Eve babe
    Livin' on a prayer
    An old man said to me
    You give love a bad name.

Probably Mozarts greatest piece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pj9999

.anon. wrote: »
    Quite possibly the most overrated song of all time. Which is a shame because it's musically good. Its ubiquity at Christmas, coupled with the fact that some people go on and on about how good it is, has given it an undeserved 'marmite-like' quality.

It's a good song - it's certainly overrated in that it doesn't merit the amount of times it has been played down thro the years.
    Steyr 556 wrote: »
    It's not Christmas until I hear Fairytale of New York.

I definitely know it's Christmas the 100th time I've heard it.
    furiousox wrote: »
    Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man2.jpg

I was being ironic like.
    Overplayed. Unimaginative go-to Xmas choice for Irish djs.

I'd love to know WHY they keep playing it though. If I have access to the radio controls as a point of principle I change the channel when I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm a drinker myself but by god do we glamorous drunks in this country and call them 'legends'.

This song does portray the drunken stereotype of the Irish drinker. Same can be said for that Lotsy fella. Every town in Ireland has similar people who are out and out alcoholics but they have that legendary status.

Anyway bit off topic and its such a legendary song, well maybe not JBJ and Ronan Keatings versions. Christy Moore does a great version of it

Advertisement