Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,209 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Windhorst said last week that prior to the Harden trade the Nets did everything they could to trade Shamut for a 1st round pick so they could keep Allen but couldn't find any takers.

It's the big "what if?" of this trade. He's clearly far superior to the ageing and declining Deandre Jordan.

I'm suprised the Nets didnt even try to get Alex Len after Toronto waived him.

I said the day it happened Cavs were possibly the biggest winners from the whole deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm suprised the Nets didnt even try to get Alex Len after Toronto waived him.

I said the day it happened Cavs were possibly the biggest winners from the whole deal.

They did very well for a team that were basically just facilitators on the periphery alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Kawhi putting up some numbers . His game looks so so good at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Corvo

Kawhi putting up some numbers . His game looks so so good at the moment

The Clippers are quietly efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Nerlens Noel would be a great pickup from the knicks if they can get him. Wouldn't be much more than either Shamet or a 2nd round pick as Knicks have alot of front court players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,142 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just the 23 in the 4th from LeBron to get the win at home.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Everyone seems to be putting up big numbers at ease . Defensive effort and energy is non existent throughout every game . This year more than ever

They really are glorified scrimmages at the moment .

Lebron , Curry , Brown have put up mad numbers in the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That game was on the road, Lakers in the middle of a 7 game road trip. 10-0 on the road.

Everyone seems to be putting up big numbers at ease . Defensive effort and energy is non existent throughout every game . This year more than ever

They really are glorified scrimmages at the moment .

Lebron , Curry , Brown have put up mad numbers in the last few days

Donicic as well is nearly averaging a triple double by the end of the 2nd quarter 😯

Sekou Smith died from Covid at 48. RIP.

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    That game was on the road, Lakers in the middle of a 7 game road trip. 10-0 on the road.

Away teams are winning at the highest % ever in league history and by a wide margin. Number of factors: no crowds, mini-series, etc. Lakers (as I have said previously) though look to be the best team by far so not attempting to take away from them.

But the effort and defence are almost clearly way down too.

Is anyone else concerned at the number of games being cancelled? Some teams simply won’t hit 72 games this year they’ve had so many cancelled already. They’ll likely have to use win % instead of actual wins to determine the seedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,142 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sorry, by "at home" I meant in Ohio, his home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Corvo

Lakers and Sixers tonight. Better get the Nespresso machine warmed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Corvo wrote: »
    Lakers and Sixers tonight. Better get the Nespresso machine warmed up :)

Hopefully Embiid plays, this will be a decent test for Lakers.

With regards to the level of defence being played so far this season, its only like a quarter of the way through the season. I never judge teams until after All-Star break. That is when teams step up a gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

Didn't see the Philly game but just caught that Pistons game. Didn't see that coming, especially with the Cav's pummeling them before. Did anyone catch Blake pulling a LeBron on LeBron with that flop lol.

KayJay86 wrote: »
    Didn't see the Philly game but just caught that Pistons game. Didn't see that coming, especially with the Cav's pummeling them before. Did anyone catch Blake pulling a LeBron on LeBron with that flop lol.

AD was out last night I think, you get shocks like that in the regular season every do often, but Detroit are not too bad this year, Grant is playing very well for them since joining from the Nuggets

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

For a team with a poor record they've knocked off some biggies so far - Philly, Suns, Celtics, now Lakers.

LAL at 3rd seed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sorry, by "at home" I meant in Ohio, his home.
    Jesus that flew way over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Jesus that flew way over my head!

#JustAKidFromAkron #WashedKing #RevengeSeason #JamesGang

Crazy finish last night in Chicago and Portland game with Dame being clutch with back to back 3s to win the game.

Then tonight we have Beal and Russ basically doing the same thing against the Nets.

• Advertisement

Crazy finish last night in Chicago and Portland game with Dame being clutch with back to back 3s to win the game.

Then tonight we have Beal and Russ basically doing the same thing against the Nets.

I know the tendency nowadays is not to call time outs with the clock running down but NOT calling a Time Out in both of these games (and both the losing teams had Time Outs left) cost them the game. If they had called a TO after the first of the two 3s went in, they could have advanced the ball to the front court for the inbounds possession.

Strange decision in many ways as it's also usually the team chasing the lead (and not holding it) that wants to play. It's in the interests of the team in the lead to stop the momentum. Very strange all round, sp. when you consider that it happened on back to back nights.

Kinda shocked to hear that was only Lillard's 3rd game winner for a guy who's had so many highlughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Fairly crazy finish to the nets wizards game yesterday too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭tyivpc5qjx0f2b

Rumours that the Celtics are strongly considering using half their trade exception on JJ Redick.
    The rumour has gathered a little more momentum since Aaron Gordon went down for around 6 weeks with an injury.

As much as I'm no longer surprised by the moves, I think this one would be particularly bad.
    That trade exception from Hayward could be highly valuable later in the season and utilising it now seems a tad inefficient.
    The immediate thing that springs to mind is that they're really worried about Kemba's recovery and need veteran help on the perimeter asap.

That said, if the move is made, many people's podcast listening time could be cut in half as JJ & Bill Simmons will be regular features on one another's show.

Ibaka has turned out to be a nice pick up for Clippers . Probably always was going to be but it has gone under the radar a bit. Slight mirrors the Clippers themselves

Rumours that the Celtics are strongly considering using half their trade exception on JJ Redick.
    The rumour has gathered a little more momentum since Aaron Gordon went down for around 6 weeks with an injury.

As much as I'm no longer surprised by the moves, I think this one would be particularly bad.
    That trade exception from Hayward could be highly valuable later in the season and utilising it now seems a tad inefficient.
    The immediate thing that springs to mind is that they're really worried about Kemba's recovery and need veteran help on the perimeter asap.

That said, if the move is made, many people's podcast listening time could be cut in half as JJ & Bill Simmons will be regular features on one another's show.

As a Celtics fan I don't think using the trade exception or spending that kinda omney ($13m) on Reddick is a great move tbh.

Ibaka has turned out to be a nice pick up for Clippers . Probably always was going to be but it has gone under the radar a bit. Slight mirrors the Clippers themselves
    Batum is a great pick up too. He'll be a little match up dependent come playoff time but at 2.5m he is daylight robbery.

Batum is a great pick up too. He'll be a little match up dependent come playoff time but at 2.5m he is daylight robbery.

Agreed . The really look like a Championship team . Maybe lack someone to run their offence but that could be fixed come the playoffs .

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Fred VanVleet, 54 points tonight. Raptors franchise record and highest ever from an undrafted player.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Collin Sexton was really good again last night. Surely front runner for most improved player with Christian Wood. If he can get the Cavs into the playoffs he may even sneak it. 50/1 available on him which is a crazy price.

Malcolm Brogdan for MIP?

23-7-4, 4th best record in East and numbers only getting better with Oladipo gone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement