Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 nations and world championship 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭TRC10

Brilliant defense

But the attack has been absolutely brutal, we're playing right into the hands of their big pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Doing well to only be 7 down, Ireland definitely game but seems to be a big gulf in power between the teams.

Not easy to over come that when the Irish players are taking the ball flat…

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'd expect a few early changes in the 2nd half some Irish players look absolutely exhausted at the end of that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Serious grit been shown by Ireland given they are not winning a whole pile of collisions.

Ireland being so bad under the high ball is the only thing gifting England decent field position. Might have a chance if they clean up that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭TRC10

Cosgrave has knocked on every contestable one as well hasn't he?

Yeah to be fair though, their 9s kicking has been excellent and there's very little blocking of their chasers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Defending well but giving England easy access with the constant penalties, Corkery and Cosgrave must have conceded 5 between them. As has happened to other Irish teams, our attacking shape has fallen to pieces in the face of intense physicality. England's skill levels are absolute ****e.

This is just a carbon copy of every Ireland England game since 2019…

England really haven’t got much other than a pack of bullies but sadly like the Irish senior do in virtually every game versus England we play right into England’s hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Cosgrave has knocked on every contestable one as well hasn't he?

no thats moxham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    This is just a carbon copy of every Ireland England game since 2019…

England really haven’t got much other than a pack of bullies but sadly like the Irish senior do in virtually every game versus England we play right into England’s hands.

That's a bit condescending to England, isn't it? They have some good ball players in those backs and their forwards are more than just big like wales. They're dynamic and they've been excellent in defence. If your maul is ticking then you use it. Doesn't matter what your game plan was before the game, that's just rugby.

no thats moxham

'As well'

They've all been poor when contested. Osbourne made one good take early on but that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

England seriously understating the packs size! Or we are inflating ours. The physicality from the English is enormous. They are killing us in the dominant tackle stakes.
    Our pack is hanging on but, the size difference and power difference is noticeable. I think we'll be making changes fairly soon. Definitely need to alter the attack. I think we should bury them with grabbers and garryowens. I hope the England subs are smaller.
    Our lads are putting in some effort on the defensive side, but you can see the creaks. I still think we have a chance.

'As well'

They've all been poor when contested. Osbourne made one good take early on but that's it.

Both wings have missed high balls. At least two each. Osbourne missed one as well. Actually think England came away with possession on every one of those as well.

That's a bit condescending to England, isn't it? They have some good ball players in those backs and their forwards are more than just big like wales. They're dynamic and they've been excellent in defence. If your maul is ticking then you use it. Doesn't matter what your game plan was before the game, that's just rugby.

I don’t think it is, what they are doing today is basically what they did in the last 2 matches.

Kendellan has been excellent, really curious about where his future lies. My mind says he's too small for 8 but he's our only forward making metres against that england pack.

England's pack have been good - the hookers, openside and 8 in particular - but they've had more talented ones before imo. Think the score line is something to be positive about but I'm worried about how we can respond with how were attacking. Players are so slow getting into position and there's no quick ball available. The grand slam side from a few years ago played against a bigger england side and we're getting destroyed at scrum time, but they played quick and urgent in response. Not sure if we have the players to do it this time, but there are other ways of grinding a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,245 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We are creaking as someone else said. Hope management can do a job at half time.

McCormack is finished anyway.

Bang to the head for McCormack. Has to go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

That English maul is some weapon! Very difficult to defend. Our error count and penalty count is dur to England's line speed and monsters in the pack.

Kendellan has been excellent, really curious about where his future lies. My mind says he's too small for 8 but he's our only forward making metres against that england pack.

England's pack have been good - the hookers, openside and 8 in particular - but they've had more talented ones before imo. Think the score line is something to be positive about but I'm worried about how we can respond with how were attacking. Players are so slow getting into position and there's no quick ball available. The grand slam side from a few years ago played against a bigger england side and we're getting destroyed at scrum time, but they played quick and urgent in response. Not sure if we have the players to do it this time, but there are other ways of grinding a win.

How is 6’2 105kg too small?

he isn't 6'2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

They literally can't string three passes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Take the full minute to kick please Doak...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭theVersatile

he isn't 6'2.

He is?

Just going by the eye test. The eye test also tells me he's our best forwards at making metres, so it is what it is.

Massive from Kendellan

he isn't 6'2.

Yes he is, how do you know how tall he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭KaneToad

We're second best at everything today.

That kick from the Kendellan penalty was absolutely atrocious. Basically set up an England attack. Should be clearing your lines there.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,245 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Kick to touch...yuck!

• Advertisement

Should be dead and buried but if we score next, it will be one score game somehow.

Advertisement