Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Perfect Virtue Signaller's Smartphone

Options
  • 20-12-2020 6:08pm

Answer the poll.

It can be the same smartphone you use. Ofcourse you would'nt be hurt.

What is the ultimate Virtual Signaller choice of smartphone? 24 votes

iPhone 11
    0%
    Huawei P Smart 2021
    75%
    SleepyBadly Drunk Boyboombangbanie01inajockPirateShampoothe purple tinben.schlomoRichard HillmanFr_Dougalgmiskchases0102noler123Chiarrai92PsychlopsQuagmire121[Deleted User][Deleted User] 18 votes
    Google Pixel 5
    4%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    A Folding Smartphone
    8%
    GrumPytheguzman 2 votes
    Other please spscify
    12%
    EkerotSnails paceDunfyy 3 votes

Comments

I don’t see a poll but the answer is one of these ones where they uninstall the play store and disable all the signals and look at it from out under the peak of their tinfoil hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Where is the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Stupid thread.

I phones are made by slaves, but your average virtue signaller would probably overlook that..

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Old Nokia or flip phone. Unless you're over 60, that says "I hate all that facebook nonsense and narcissistic camera carry-on. I just need a simple phone cos I'm too busy to be wasting time with screens all day"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Stupid thread.

ach, das thread ist eine nuisencethread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭thomil

Funny you should ask, there's actually the "perfect" brand for that:

https://www.fairphone.com/en/

Honestly, I find the idea of the self-repairable smart phone quite compelling. If it wasn't for the inherent weaknesses of the Android platform, I'd consider getting one of those for myself.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

A Folding Smartphone
    Android fanboys, total virtue signallers, try to make Apple out as some evil Mr. Burns like corporation when Google are the biggest censors the planet has ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Motorola DynaTAC 8000x

theguzman wrote: »
    Android fanboys, total virtue signallers, try to make Apple out as some evil Mr. Burns like corporation when Google are the biggest censors the planet has ever seen.

I’ve found the opposite to be far more accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What's a virtual signaller per the poll? The traffic lights in ones head?

Apple are actually fighting to stop a bill to stop companies using forced labour in China..

Read through this to find the point..

OP you owe me my time back.

A Folding Smartphone
    Apple are actually fighting to stop a bill to stop companies using forced labour in China..

They also rolled out an update that scuppers Facebook algorithms and scuppers them. Apple are by no means perfect but compared to Google, Twitter and Facebook they look like Mother Teresa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Huawei P Smart 2021
    No iPhone 12 option?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They also rolled out an update that scuppers Facebook algorithms and scuppers them. Apple are by no means perfect but compared to Google, Twitter and Facebook they look like Mother Teresa.

You do know that's because Apple are gathering that data directly and disabling facebook data gives them a competitive advantage, don't you?

Also that Apple stores that data across Azure, Google and Amazon datacenters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

A old motorola brick phone on 088.

🙈🙉🙊

A Folding Smartphone
    astrofool wrote: »
    You do know that's because Apple are gathering that data directly and disabling facebook data gives them a competitive advantage, don't you?

Also that Apple stores that data across Azure, Google and Amazon datacenters?

Anything that hampers or damages Zuckerburg, Facebook and their Democrat cronies has to be welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

This forum really is such a right-wing echo chamber. “Virtue signalling smart phones,” :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: what will the conservative snowflakes be offended by next?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Old Nokia or flip phone. Unless you're over 60, that says "I hate all that facebook nonsense and narcissistic camera carry-on. I just need a simple phone cos I'm too busy to be wasting time with screens all day"

Nokia 2720. Simple, reliable bit of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Everything I don't like is 'virtue signalling'? Surely one of the dumbest terms to bubble up form the alt-right sewers of the internet.

It is a phenomenon though, probably more apparent due to social media..
    I got the impression the op was going to purchase a phone for said virtue signaller..

If so op, you should definitely stick a note in there somewhere.. write something that looks Chinese and then a short 'Help us!, We're in a sweatshop outside Shenzhen' message.. it'd be funny..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

thomil wrote: »
    Funny you should ask, there's actually the "perfect" brand for that:

https://www.fairphone.com/en/

Honestly, I find the idea of the self-repairable smart phone quite compelling. If it wasn't for the inherent weaknesses of the Android platform, I'd consider getting one of those for myself.

I had one but only got it for its Sailfish OS support which turned out not to be that great. Someone I know still has one but they don't seem to care about woke culture or virtue signalling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

BlackBerry Phone lines Matter

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

cMM9RNt_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

When they see something outrageous (daily) they might drop their phone in shock. So something durable like a Nokia 3210.
    Also they may not have access to electricity at their campsite so battery life needs to be good. Again the 3210 comes up Donald Trump's

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I phones are made by slaves, but your average virtue signaller would probably overlook that..
    Made by slaves from from conflict minerals mined by disposable slaves held at gunpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    Theres folding smart phones??

Plenty, Samsung Galaxy Z was the first, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What kind of cornflake thread is this??

also me :

Vertu Ti

Or Galaxy note 20 mystic green for povo virtue signallers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Made by slaves from from conflict minerals mined by disposable slaves held at gunpoint.
    No they are made by ELVES silly :rolleyes:

Advertisement