Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW14 Captain?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

9 for Salah already. Not bad from off the bench.

or come on at 60 minutes and get 2 goals and an assist :D

ahem...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh dear Jesus I swapped Salah for Bruno. Thanks Brian haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ha wow, what a prediction!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Shanee. wrote: »
    Stuck with Mo in the hope he starts

Take that.. better than him starting :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭McBain11

You have to laugh at this game. OR of 2 million plus, so it's time to go completely against the grain. So I captain Mane (I have Salah as well). Mane with a goal and assist at ht, I'm thinking McBain11 you're a little football genius!

Then he's taken off pre 60 mins, so no 60 min and clean sheet points. Also kills his bonus chances and obviously the chance of easy goals when Liverpool are cantering late on in the game.

Then Salah comes on and cleans up, which is perverse as I should be happy as I have him but probably hurts my overall ranking.

They showed Mane with the gloomy face a few times in that second half. I feel you Sadio. I feel you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

You forgot the 2 baps

gammygils wrote: »
    You forgot the 2 baps

Would probably have the armband off him myself only for the babys wet nappy delaying me.
    Need Aguero to do the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

McBain11 wrote: »
    You have to laugh at this game. OR of 2 million plus, so it's time to go completely against the grain. So I captain Mane (I have Salah as well). Mane with a goal and assist at ht, I'm thinking McBain11 you're a little football genius!

Then he's taken off pre 60 mins, so no 60 min and clean sheet points. Also kills his bonus chances and obviously the chance of easy goals when Liverpool are cantering late on in the game.

Then Salah comes on and cleans up, which is perverse as I should be happy as I have him but probably hurts my overall ranking.

They showed Mane with the gloomy face a few times in that second half. I feel you Sadio. I feel you :-)

Still, 34 from 2 is a great score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭McBain11

Still, 34 from 2 is a great score.

Ah tis, but when you're 150-200 points off in most leagues you need a lift in scenarios like this. Salah stays on the bench longer. Mane gets another 20 or so minutes and you're potentially looking at a massive Mane captain haul and half the game with Salah captain fail.

The joys of it eh. As a great man once said, i'll just keep on truckin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    From what I’ve seen in the H2H leagues, the trend around here is to pack the funds into midfield and cheap out up front.

Kane is obviously still hugely owned but some of that would be that he will be in nearly all dead/casual teams after that start.

I think your been very unfair with that comment, Kane's EO in the

top 10k is 96%
    top 100k is 86%
    top 500k is 76%
    top 1m is 73%

And in fact the 3m to 6m range, the EO is only 51%, so his ownership is actually top heavy with the top teams, and less so with the dead teams from the start of the season.

Kane's EO in the top 1k is higher than any other player this week.

I do agree that a lot of players in this forum have jumped off that ship and for the reasons you said, but he's still owned and captained by a lot of serious players as shown in the EO's above.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think your been very unfair with that comment, Kane's EO in the

top 10k is 96%
    top 100k is 86%
    top 500k is 76%
    top 1m is 73%

And in fact the 3m to 6m range, the EO is only 51%, so his ownership is actually top heavy with the top teams, and less so with the dead teams from the start of the season.

Kane's EO in the top 1k is higher than any other player this week.

I do agree that a lot of players in this forum have jumped off that ship and for the reasons you said, but he's still owned and captained by a lot of serious players as shown in the EO's above.

But isn’t that EO kind of overstated a little this particular week because of how good a captain he is?

I still think he’s a good shout, wasn’t suggesting otherwise. Was just an observation of what I’d seen on the teams around here.

Kane has an impressive record against Leicester, 14 goals in 10 games. Though I never captain forwards. Pity Mo is in the early kick off because I hate Captaining in that game, it always seems to backfire.

So, the correct option to captain was literally anyone other than Kane.
    I should have stuck to my own rule and not captained a forward. Instead, I panicked and listened to Brian, to take the armband off Mo. Ah well. You lose some, you lose some more...

So, the correct option to captain was literally anyone other than Kane.
    I should have stuck to my own rule and not captained a forward. Instead, I panicked and listened to Brian, to take the armband off Mo. Ah well. You lose some, you lose some more...

Your decision was fine. It didn’t work out on the day.

Looks like Bruno was a great call after all.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Looks like Bruno was a great call after all.

Looks like a 1 point swing between those who flip flopped over the news either way, so not terribly consequential

Your decision was fine. It didn’t work out on the day.

Yeah, these things happen. Rare to see a poll that's so polarised to two players and both were the right choice.

Looks like a 1 point swing between those who flip flopped over the news either way, so not terribly consequential

Yeah 34 vs 32 but still a very nice return for those who might not have had Salah to choose from.

Yeah, these things happen. Rare to see a poll that's so polarised to two players and both were the right choice.

As an owner of both I will snap it up all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Yeah 34 vs 32 but still a very nice return for those who might not have had Salah to choose from.

Two point swing I think. The winning goal bonus has yet to be added according to folks in the matchday thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Disaster of a decision captaining Kane when others around me had Bruno and Salah :(

Advertisement