Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I received a massive €11 in dividends this year. Do I have to report this to Revenu?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Just to add, Euro domiciled ETF dividends are taxed at 41% regardless of your income tax rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Timmaay wrote: »
    No.

There is no materiality threshold that says you don't have to report dividends below a certain amount. Of course the Revenue aren't going to chase you for €11 but there is an obligation to report them none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

revenue.ie is an excellent website and I find that they do everything they can to help you enter all your allowances and claim as much tax relief as you can. I don't understand why you won't report your dividends but when it comes to trading losses you want to make sure they are reported. If you are investing in shares you need to understand all aspects of it and that includes taxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 honeybadger00

Hi. I own some US stocks and I have received a dividend of EUR 3.34 this year. Degiro automatically deducted EUR 1.01 of it, which amounts to 30 % (with-holding tax).

I want to have peace of mind and declare it in PAYE.

(1) Do you declare it as "Other Income" --> "US Dividends"?

When I enter it there, the tax credits are reduced by EUR 0.17 but I would expect them to be reduced by EUR 1.33, which is 40 % - the rate at which I am charged.

(2) Am I missing something or is the tax credit reduction above correct?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi. I own some US stocks and I have received a dividend of EUR 3.34 this year. Degiro automatically deducted EUR 1.01 of it, which amounts to 30 % (with-holding tax).

I want to have peace of mind and declare it in PAYE.

(1) Do you declare it as "Other Income" --> "US Dividends"?

When I enter it there, the tax credits are reduced by EUR 0.17 but I would expect them to be reduced by EUR 1.33, which is 40 % - the rate at which I am charged.

(2) Am I missing something or is the tax credit reduction above correct?

Thanks in advance.

We put in any US shares dividends as [other] US dividends . Would be interested to know also .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

But this years don't need to be done until November of the following year right?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

Do you have to pay taxon any dividends you reinvest even if the cash never comes into your account? Like if you get stock instead of dividends rather than getting the dividends and buying back into the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Dividends is easy enough to fill in, just add it to the PAYE MyAccount tax for the year.

Revenue really have to allow folk to file CGT returns online, still dinosaurs in that regard

I thought US dividends was at nominal rate, ie 50% at higher rate?

Mine is only taxed at 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 2 honeybadger00

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Dividends is easy enough to fill in, just add it to the PAYE MyAccount tax for the year.

Do you add it to PAYE as "Other Income" --> "US Dividends" as I would have thought and homewardbound11 does?

Many thanks..

• Advertisement

Do you add it to PAYE as "Other Income" --> "US Dividends" as I would have thought and homewardbound11 does?

Many thanks..

Yep what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tr_18

I'm in a very similar position to OP. I started investing a small amount this year and have coincidentally made a massive profit of €11.30.
    Should I sell these stocks on trading 212, declare to revenue and repurchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Chiarrai92

Hello I'm currently filling up a tax return. But under dividend there's no option for EU dividend, only Irish, UK, US and Canadian dividend.

Would I just put it all into Irish dividend?

Advertisement