Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back 4 Blood (from the creators of L4D)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'm online if you want to go through the remaining levels

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Better games tonight, myself, Eoin and 2 randoms who took over from bots, the bots are horrendous in this. Got to the last level of Act 1, difficulty jumped a good bit and we all got killed in the end. Higher difficulty makes it more enjoyable but you definitely need some coordination.

Playing it straight after WWZ, the combat in B4B is easy better but WWZ seems like it's more fun to play and the bots do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Really good. It's even more Left4Dead 3 than I expected.

Ah lads, players reported that the zombies have been saying the N word. I didn't even pay the story attention until the devs said the before.

"Our team has been made aware of offensive language that can be heard when playing the game. This was not recorded or ever intended to be part of our gameplay. The audio is a result of two different Ridden growls that are playing simultaneously and when heard together sound like that word. We are working diligently to fix this issue, which should be completed either in time for the Beta, or when the game launches."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah I saw that. Has there been much outrage about it? Any sources I looked at seemed to be taking the sensible stance that this is just an unfortunate coincidence and will be rectified before full launch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A few have covered it, including in the articles various trending Twitter reactions from players, more along the lines of incredulous WTF did that zombie just say? than outrage. It would be pretty weird to happen out of the blue; I've heard the examples and yeah, it's an unfortunate accident, but definitely sounds like the word

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Played 10 hours of campaign on veteran, couldn't beat the last level with randoms so really liking the difficulty of it.

The game has grown on me after the first few hours and once you get the hang of it it's quite fun.

Yeah from what I've heard Veteran gives a proper showing of the game with survivor being too easy. Nightmare is also only for people with good communication and good selection of cards

Hope the saved progress carries to open beta, would like to max out my deck, if it zeroed I'll probably try VS mode

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Need to be able to edit the guns you pick up, I dont mind the pickup part its a 4x on an AA12 that bothers me.

Seen a deck card that allows 2 primaries and another that reloads a weapon whilst holstered.

Altho it seems gimmicky there may be some variation in the cards.

• Advertisement

Open Beta went live last night, surprised not to see more people on here trying or discussing it. Good laugh with Eoin and Deadly last night. Playing on veteran with auto aim off made the game so much more enjoyable than the early beta but it was **** tough. Nice jump in difficulty from normal to veteran, can't imagine what Nightmare is like.

Still missing the iconicness (word?) of L4D, the levels are forgettable and special infected are just not that special. The bot is also worse than useless.

Will be in tonight again, hopefully will get a 4th for a full team.

Put about 12 hours in this, I'll be on tonight if you want a 4th player

Excellent, what's your game tag in it so we can find ya.

Since there is cross play, Im guessing you need the Back4Blood playerid instead of your gamertag/ steam id to invite people from different platform

Player id would be kitaz as well

Anyone on for a game of this? Open beta closes tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement

This is out now if you got the deluxe or ultimate version.

having great craic on veteran is pretty hard at times and plays very well. I'd probably get shot for it but I think it's better than Left4Dead

Back 4 Blood Locks Progression if You Play Solo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to trying this on Monday. Very good previews from what i was reading today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is actually available on PC, Console and Cloud on Game Pass now.

Sweet. Downloading it now.

So, this is incredibly good. The beta was fun but a bit rough around the edges - they've fixed virtually everything that was off about the beta, and the full game is basically 100% Left4Dead 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Played my first few rounds last night with a couple of friends. It's no Left4Dead but it is fun. Aiming on console (series x) feels really sluggish to me and the AI director really loves throwing special infected into the run. I'm sure once I build up my deck it will get more enjoyable but can't see myself sticking with it for as long as I did L4D.

40 hours in now and mostly complete on veteran, it's better than L4D, way more enjoyable imo

Roadmap revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

finally got to. start this with the nephew . first two acts done it's very good

Advertisement