Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas gift for staff

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

One 4 all aren’t good, they deduct money each month from the value of the voucher . Avoid !

Oh no way! We are getting one of those from work. Guess I just have to spend it straight away, which is a pity because I don't actually need anything at the moment and was going to save it for when I do. Thanks for the heads up!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

One 4 all cards have a tax free limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

A tin of quality street

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh no way! We are getting one of those from work. Guess I just have to spend it straight away, which is a pity because I don't actually need anything at the moment and was going to save it for when I do. Thanks for the heads up!

Fee only kicks in after 12 months, its quite common with shopping centre ones too. Spend it in first year and fees are zero - simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

ablelocks wrote: »
    one for all cards can't be used online for purchases greater than €50 in any one transaction. Although, they can be added to apple/android wallets afaik.

perxreward cards are far more flexible and are effectively the same as a debit/credit card.

Don't give them an Amazon.co.uk voucher anyway. Lots of people are doing that because you can print them in nice designs etc. But come January 1st between sterling falling, tariffs, delivery charges and other taxes they will be worth about 50% of what you think they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Daniel O Donnell's greatest hits, they'd love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Having read this thread, I can rest easy, I now know where to find lots of gift card and voucher experts, if I ever need them.

hurikane wrote: »
    Having read this thread, I can rest easy, I now know where to find lots of gift card and voucher experts, if I ever need them.

Indeed- a lot of the advice here is absolutely rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Adyx wrote: »
    The commission on a One4All transaction is 20%. I don't why anywhere accepts them.

According to this article from 2016, the commission charged to retailers is “about 8%”.

https://www.thejournal.ie/one4all-gift-voucher-michael-dawson-2-3015272-Oct2016/

Has it really gone up that much in 4 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

avoid one4all, online limit of €50 which is laughable, cant be used on paypal or amazon and forces you go to shops while pandemic, then if not used within one year balance being charged €1.45 per month.
    seriously, its the worst rubbish I've ever got as a form of 'appreciation' , its just pure pain in ***e

• Advertisement

avoid one4all, online limit of €50 which is laughable, cant be used on paypal or amazon and forces you go to shops while pandemic, then if not used within one year balance being charged €1.45 per month.
    seriously, its the worst rubbish I've ever got as a form of 'appreciation' , its just pure pain in ***e

Or just use them quickly for groceries in Tesco, Dunnes or M&S...use the money you would have spent on those things for whatever gift you want to buy yourself.

Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

M O N E Y

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

sasta le wrote: »
    Cash
    Company gave us all pre-paid debit cards, and mine has already come in very handy via PayPal e.g. I have used it to pay for new glasses, guitar parts, and a few iPad apps so far. Much appreciated. They did it early because most people are working from home.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Lucky you. We get nothing. But we know favoured staff get quiet bonuses. It's the worst time of the year for morale in a company like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Adyx wrote: »
    The commission on a One4All transaction is 20%..

verify please

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement