Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 :Round 17 Abu Dhabi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭thefa

flazio wrote: »
    Small preview of the Ferrari relationship next year?

Expect Leclerc to outscore Sainz fairly easily over a season, especially if he can reduce the errors. I think Sainz is a very good driver but Leclerc is upper echelon on his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

With everyone complaining about tyres, Vettel doing a one stop strategy might now be genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

flazio wrote: »
    This is becoming a bit of a dull lights to flag victory for Max. Seems to plenty of variety in layout of the circuit so perhaps they should try a new layout for next year.

There were rumours a few years ago they were considering redesigning parts of it. It is easily Tilke's worst effort. Does not generate good racing at all. Such a shame it's the season finale. Only other layout I've seen used was the V8 supercars which if i remember rightly skipped the micky mouse chicane and haripin combo in the first sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

It seems to have worked for Seb - wonder how long they'll let him run. The very last thing he needs right now is another Ferrari pit stop :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Lewis in "tyres are dead" shocker.

He says this every race, but this time I believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Stroll now going backwards. Passed by Gasly.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Lewis now also doubting the tyres.

Well, it is Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Happy it’ll be a Max win barring a mechanical but this is a very boring track.

Would like to see Albon push more too.

Current timing from Max:

Max ---
    Bottas 7.9 s
    Lewis 11.1 s

536033.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

This is one of those go forwards or go backwards moments for Stroll. He needs to get a move on and clear Vettel now or he will get mugged by Ocon and Kvyat next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭BikeRacer

Why leave this horse sh*te of a track till last race of the season? People give out about Merc dominance being boring but here we are with Max well out in front and I'm falling asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

BikeRacer wrote: »
    Why leave this horse sh*te of a track till last race of the season? People give out about Merc dominance being boring but here we are with Max well out in front and I'm falling asleep
    Assume they're giving FIA dump trucks full of money to be the "showpiece" season ender.
    Definitely not there on merit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You'd think Albon should be catching the two Mercedes drivers, but he's way off.

Lewis is unable to make anything on Bottas today. Gap now 3.3 s. A very un-Mercedes-like day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

MaddChris wrote: »
    Assume they're giving FIA dump trucks full of money to be the "showpiece" season ender.
    Definitely not there on merit

Bingo. Giant dump trucks full of regular sized dump trucks full of filthy oil money

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

skipper_G wrote: »
    Bingo. Giant dump trucks full of regular sized dump trucks full of filthy oil money

It's not dump trucks at all,

When the race is over and all the cameras go home they do the flyover again and they dump the money out of that. It is the last race of the season because it takes about a month to pick up all the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I bet Russell would have put Verstappen under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Ricciardo doing a very solid job today

I think I just fell asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Potential excitement ahead if we are to believe radio talk.

• Advertisement

All top 4 have 35 laps done on Hards.

Nice to see Crofty giving you a mention there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

They have to put Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Albon 33 seconds ahead of Norris. Go onto softs and get the Lap point if you want to save the seat.

Bottas' tyres seem to be going. Gap to Max now 11.1 sec, Lewis 2.2 behind.

EDIT: Bottas is stuck behind a Williams.

Jesus I hope so. This has been one of the most boring races in recent memory. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Hamilton closing in on Bottas, come on and make this interesting

I thought Hamilton would have caught Bottas by now

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I thought Hamilton would have caught Bottas by now

So would I. perhaps he has not recovered fully from covid.

• Advertisement

Verstappen: "You can durn the engine down now if you want to!".
    Reply: "Negative"

Advertisement