Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Bar of Cadbury Chocolate - Cadbury’s Secret Santa

Options
  • 09-12-2020 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

This was originally posted by poster ‘WhatwillIwear’ in the Christmas forum and deserves a bigger audience.

https://secretsanta.cadbury.ie/

Cadbury’s are running a Secret Santa service where they will post a bar of your choice (one of 6, they look like the 120g sized bars) in nice packaging to a nominated person of your choice, in the Republic of Ireland only.

Your recipient won’t know who sent it to them, unless you tell them of course.

You sign up on the link above and then join the queue where when you get through, a staff member will be on video link asking you for the address etc of your nominated person and a few questions. You can type your answers in if you don’t have a video/webcam facility.

It took a few refreshes and about 20 minutes in the queue before I got through. It took about 5 minutes (including chat) with the staff member.

Thanks again to the OP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

56 min wait to get into the site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

The queue is currently full.
    looks like the site is a bit busy

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

Thanks, OP!
    After 2 hours in the queue (I was working in my laptop anyway...) and 5 minutes with the staff member, my wife will receive a Cadbury's Chocolate Caramel Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Queue is closed apparently, but now they have my email and permission to send me marketing Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

The queue is currently full. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just unsubscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

vicwatson wrote: »
    Just unsubscribe

I did thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Antares35 wrote: »
    Queue is closed apparently, but now they have my email and permission to send me marketing Comms.

Anyone know when it'll open back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

jdon72 wrote: »

The Postal Service is open from
    Weds 9th Dec - Tues 15th Dec
    11am-7pm GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm in the queue atm, 1 minute estimated waiting time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

The queue is currently full. :-(

You mean.... its choc-a-block? (I'll see myself out....)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

The queue is closed again this morning??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DublinGirl738

The queue is closed again this morning??

Keep refreshing, I was getting the same but then you get lucky and get in. I had a wait time of around 35 minutes when I joined but all done now

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Tried there but the queue is full. What the hell are you queuing for, a bloody audition to get a free bar of chocolate or something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 WoodworkGuy

Is anyone else just constantly stuck being the 100th person in the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

im stuck on position 8th. Not sure what a refresh will do

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

all i get is the queue is full and to come back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

thegift06 wrote: »
    im stuck on position 8th. Not sure what a refresh will do

Can't even get in the queue. Checked twice and both times it's been full. They are probably being hammered out of it with this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

same here. apparently it's closed

DopeTech wrote: »
    Can't even get in the queue. Checked twice and both times it's been full. They are probably being hammered out of it with this thread!

looks to be moving again. Now at 7. Glad i didnt refresh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Awful site joined queue few times but haven’t been able to complete the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Got through no problem, started at around 110 in the Q and got sorted in about 20 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Tragic.

update: got through, the guy was really nice and we talked for 2-3 minutes about Christmas, good experience and sorta justifies the waiting

Thanks for link OP. Didn’t work for me so I’ll leave it there.

I’m genuinely shocked at what some posters are doing for a free piece of chocolate, are ye that starved / short of money. I’d go as far to say I’m mortified for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus. You'd buy the bar for a couple of quid and pop in in the letter box yourself in less time than you'd be in the queue.

I wouldn't be one for stompin' on well-intentioned bargain alerts, but this isn't one. It's nonsense. Some genius in Cadbury's marketing dept convinced themselves they'd just had a good idea, and everybody else ran with it because they looked like they knew what they were doing...

endacl wrote: »
    Jaysus. You'd buy the bar for a couple of quid and pop in in the letter box yourself in less time than you'd be in the queue.

I wouldn't be one for stompin' on well-intentioned bargain alerts, but this isn't one. It's nonsense. Some genius in Cadbury's marketing dept convinced themselves they'd just had a good idea, and everybody else ran with it because they looked like they knew what they were doing...

Free chocolate is free chocolate :D

Also I just left it queuing in another tab while I worked lol it's not like you have to stay there staring at it, they notify you by talking when it's your turn

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

endacl wrote: »

Agreed. Wouldn't mind if it was for a bar of really quality chocolate like Lindt or Green & Blacks, but Cadbury's stuff is overly sweet tooth rot. Their Bournville choc is OK, though still too icky sweet - now wonder half the country has diabetes! ::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

iora_rua wrote: »
    Agreed. Wouldn't mind if it was for a bar of really quality chocolate like Lindt or Green & Blacks, but Cadbury's stuff is overly sweet tooth rot. Their Bournville choc is OK, though still too icky sweet - now wonder half the country has diabetes! ::D

Palm oil infused crap. Lidl/Aldi sell better quality for less

• Advertisement

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    Thanks for link OP. Didn’t work for me so I’ll leave it there.

I’m genuinely shocked at what some posters are doing for a free piece of chocolate, are ye that starved / short of money. I’d go as far to say I’m mortified for ye

Im only signing up to send you one, to cheer you up after the game on December 19th.:D

Advertisement