Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

ForeGolf vs GolfLab Stackstown for full fitting?

  • 07-12-2020 7:26pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ Monster249


    Has anyone got any recent experience with either of these guys for a full fit?

    GolfLab uses Trackman indoors which I've heard can be unreliable so not sure but they have more availability for sessions in the near future.

    Cheers!


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭ dan_ep82


    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057855875/1/#post106546711

    I did a quick write up of how I got on a few years ago in the thread above. I'm still using the irons and 4w I was fitted for except the 50°


  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ IHateNewShoes


    In a similar spot myself, John Dooley in Cork is another guy I'm considering. Tough to make a decision, there seems to be positive and negative reviews for all on here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ bmay529


    IMO no question about it... it is much better to be fitted where you can use good quality balls with Trackman or similar and can see the flight of the ball to a range or field. My preference would be from turf but if not from a covered bay such as with Foregolf or Titleist/Bettergolf in Carton House.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice


    bmay529 wrote: »
    IMO no question about it... it is much better to be fitted where you can use good quality balls with Trackman or similar and can see the flight of the ball to a range or field. My preference would be from turf but if not from a covered bay such as with Foregolf or Titleist/Bettergolf in Carton House.

    What balls do they use in Foregolf? some form of range ball iirc. I assume they are normalising the data on the trackman?


  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ conor-w


    etxp wrote: »
    What balls do they use in Foregolf? some form of range ball iirc. I assume they are normalising the data on the trackman?

    They use range balls, nothing special about them from what I remember. I think the ideal fitting set up would be GC Quad + indoors with your own golf ball, doesn't seem to be anywhere in Ireland with that though.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice


    conor-w wrote: »
    They use range balls, nothing special about them from what I remember. I think the ideal fitting set up would be GC Quad + indoors with your own golf ball, doesn't seem to be anywhere in Ireland with that though.

    The Swing Studio in Dublin uses GC Quad but I think its lessons they do there and not fittings. Niall Kearney runs it I think.


  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭ Neewollah


    Foregolf use Srixon Rangeballs. Can't speak highly enough of them from my experience with them this year. Loving my new clubs and have helped improve my game. Haven't been to Golflab but hear good things also.


  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ Monster249


    conor-w wrote: »
    They use range balls, nothing special about them from what I remember. I think the ideal fitting set up would be GC Quad + indoors with your own golf ball, doesn't seem to be anywhere in Ireland with that though.

    Golflab do use the metallic dots on the balls so spin readings will be more accurate than usual, would be very similar to GC Quad for ball data & shot shape, club data might still be a bit off though but with Michael's expertise that probably isn't a major issue


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ willabur


    etxp wrote: »
    The Swing Studio in Dublin uses GC Quad but I think its lessons they do there and not fittings. Niall Kearney runs it I think.

    where is the swing studio? what services do the offer? costs etc?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice


    willabur wrote: »
    where is the swing studio? what services do the offer? costs etc?

    Not a clue, just looked it up on Instagram there and its not open yet but will be soon. I thought it was open. As far as I can see, 2 bays with GC Quad.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ willabur


    etxp wrote: »
    Not a clue, just looked it up on Instagram there and its not open yet but will be soon. I thought it was open. As far as I can see, 2 bays with GC Quad.
    Based in baldoyle, have messaged them there to see what the details are


  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ ShivasIrons


    conor-w wrote: »
    They use range balls, nothing special about them from what I remember. I think the ideal fitting set up would be GC Quad + indoors with your own golf ball, doesn't seem to be anywhere in Ireland with that though.


    Outdoors off turf for a fitting will always trump indoors, the club interacts differently with a mat than turf and golf is not played on mats.


  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ conor-w


    Outdoors off turf for a fitting will always trump indoors, the club interacts differently with a mat than turf and golf is not played on mats.

    Yes, in a perfect world you could get fit outdoors, off perfect turf with your own ball, but that's not really happening. I would value being fit with a proper ball, at least for a driver anyway, over being outdoors with a range ball.


  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ ShivasIrons


    conor-w wrote: »
    Yes, in a perfect world you could get fit outdoors, off perfect turf with your own ball, but that's not really happening. I would value being fit with a proper ball, at least for a driver anyway, over being outdoors with a range ball.


    There are places that fit outdoors with premium golf balls, so it is really happening.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice


    There are places that fit outdoors with premium golf balls, so it is really happening.

    Where would these places be?


  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ ShivasIrons


    etxp wrote: »
    Where would these places be?




    Drive Golf Performance in Cork is an outdoor facility.


  • Registered Users Posts: 517 benji79


    I was fitted about 6 years ago in Drive Golf performance

    Absolutely brilliant service. Hitting outdoors off grass with trackman. He even asked did I want to use Pro V or Pro Vx


  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ conor-w


    There are places that fit outdoors with premium golf balls, so it is really happening.

    That's cool, I wasn't aware of anywhere over here that does it.


Advertisement