Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ForeGolf vs GolfLab Stackstown for full fitting?

• 07-12-2020 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Has anyone got any recent experience with either of these guys for a full fit?

GolfLab uses Trackman indoors which I've heard can be unreliable so not sure but they have more availability for sessions in the near future.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057855875/1/#post106546711

I did a quick write up of how I got on a few years ago in the thread above. I'm still using the irons and 4w I was fitted for except the 50°

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

In a similar spot myself, John Dooley in Cork is another guy I'm considering. Tough to make a decision, there seems to be positive and negative reviews for all on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

IMO no question about it... it is much better to be fitted where you can use good quality balls with Trackman or similar and can see the flight of the ball to a range or field. My preference would be from turf but if not from a covered bay such as with Foregolf or Titleist/Bettergolf in Carton House.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

bmay529 wrote: »
    IMO no question about it... it is much better to be fitted where you can use good quality balls with Trackman or similar and can see the flight of the ball to a range or field. My preference would be from turf but if not from a covered bay such as with Foregolf or Titleist/Bettergolf in Carton House.

What balls do they use in Foregolf? some form of range ball iirc. I assume they are normalising the data on the trackman?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

etxp wrote: »
    What balls do they use in Foregolf? some form of range ball iirc. I assume they are normalising the data on the trackman?

They use range balls, nothing special about them from what I remember. I think the ideal fitting set up would be GC Quad + indoors with your own golf ball, doesn't seem to be anywhere in Ireland with that though.

• Advertisement

conor-w wrote: »
    They use range balls, nothing special about them from what I remember. I think the ideal fitting set up would be GC Quad + indoors with your own golf ball, doesn't seem to be anywhere in Ireland with that though.

The Swing Studio in Dublin uses GC Quad but I think its lessons they do there and not fittings. Niall Kearney runs it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Neewollah

Foregolf use Srixon Rangeballs. Can't speak highly enough of them from my experience with them this year. Loving my new clubs and have helped improve my game. Haven't been to Golflab but hear good things also.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Monster249

Golflab do use the metallic dots on the balls so spin readings will be more accurate than usual, would be very similar to GC Quad for ball data & shot shape, club data might still be a bit off though but with Michael's expertise that probably isn't a major issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

The Swing Studio in Dublin uses GC Quad but I think its lessons they do there and not fittings. Niall Kearney runs it I think.

where is the swing studio? what services do the offer? costs etc?

willabur wrote: »
    where is the swing studio? what services do the offer? costs etc?

Not a clue, just looked it up on Instagram there and its not open yet but will be soon. I thought it was open. As far as I can see, 2 bays with GC Quad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

Not a clue, just looked it up on Instagram there and its not open yet but will be soon. I thought it was open. As far as I can see, 2 bays with GC Quad.
    Based in baldoyle, have messaged them there to see what the details are

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Outdoors off turf for a fitting will always trump indoors, the club interacts differently with a mat than turf and golf is not played on mats.

Outdoors off turf for a fitting will always trump indoors, the club interacts differently with a mat than turf and golf is not played on mats.

Yes, in a perfect world you could get fit outdoors, off perfect turf with your own ball, but that's not really happening. I would value being fit with a proper ball, at least for a driver anyway, over being outdoors with a range ball.

Yes, in a perfect world you could get fit outdoors, off perfect turf with your own ball, but that's not really happening. I would value being fit with a proper ball, at least for a driver anyway, over being outdoors with a range ball.

There are places that fit outdoors with premium golf balls, so it is really happening.

There are places that fit outdoors with premium golf balls, so it is really happening.

Where would these places be?

Where would these places be?

Drive Golf Performance in Cork is an outdoor facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I was fitted about 6 years ago in Drive Golf performance

Absolutely brilliant service. Hitting outdoors off grass with trackman. He even asked did I want to use Pro V or Pro Vx

That's cool, I wasn't aware of anywhere over here that does it.

Advertisement