Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly fat advice

Options
  • 06-12-2020 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've lost close to six stone since May, now at just under 12 stone, but am struggling though with belly fat and moobs!

Anyone have any advice on how to tackle them - it feels like i've disproportionately lost waste everywhere else, and I'm guessing you'll all tell me just keep at it!

I'm also worried I'll start seeing stretched skin soon, luckily that has yet to happen.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

ro23 wrote: »
    I've lost close to six stone since May, now at just under 12 stone, but am struggling though with belly fat and moobs!

Anyone have any advice on how to tackle them - it feels like i've disproportionately lost waste everywhere else, and I'm guessing you'll all tell me just keep at it!

I'm also worried I'll start seeing stretched skin soon, luckily that has yet to happen.

Any advice appreciated.

What height and age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

@OP,

Start bench pressing and flys with Dumbells(light weights) for the moobs.

Sit ups, core work, pilates even to tighten up your stomach.

I use a Smart Wonder core for stomach/ sit ups. https://wondercore.thane.ie/

Thats a lot of weight to lose very suddenly, 12 stone sounds very light

What age are you?

What's your BMI at now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

I'm guessing you'll all tell me just keep at it!

Sorry to say but yep. The same process you used to lose fat everywhere else will drop the fat in the areas you listed. Unfortunately it just takes longer if that's where you disproportionately store it.

You'll also make these areas look better and minimise odds of stretched skin by doing strength training. Good few threads with resources for that in the Fitness forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

hat kind of exercise have you been doing? Or have you just dieted down? If it's all diet then you may have entered the 'skinny fat' zone the youtubers love to go on about - train, this will improve appearance, what you want will determine what that training is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Cheers everyone - 28 here and 5'11", BMI 23.6 atm - mainly dieted down with making sure I've been doing 10,000 steps a day. Since the start of November begin couch to 5k and have been running full 5k (slowly) since the end of November - probably 3-4 days a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Keep doing what you're doing - add in some strength training as said above - and well done for getting where you have so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Mind if I ask you what you did diet wise?

And fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

You're flying, best to take it in steps M, loose the weight, get fit, tone up.

Well done on the weight loss and especially the 5k, it's a great achievement for a non runner (me lol), try a bit of weight training as well and you'll be well on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

cheers everyone - diet I've just kept calories quite low - at 1400 a day. I'm not a saint so many days go over that! Thanks for all the encouragement - will keep it up and look at strength/weight training

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

cheers everyone - diet I've just kept calories quite low - at 1400 a day. I'm not a saint so many days go over that! Thanks for all the encouragement - will keep it up and look at strength/weight training

Fair play to you but I don't think 1400 calories per day is long term sustainable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I am also unable to reduce my belly fat. Can anyone advise me on some home workouts?

overall the best exercise for belly fat is what you are eating that i have found is the best way to reduce the tummy exercises can tone you up lots of you tube videos to look through and pick bits that you can do .

Advertisement