Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk 2077

Options
  • 06-12-2020 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there is a thread on this already but I can't find it, sorry.

Is there anywhere in particular I should buy this? I was just going to get it on Steam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I pre-ordered from CDkeys.com. The key will be GOG, which may not suit you, but the price was pretty good - got it for €41.29. I've used the site a bunch and they've never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Anyway of preloading this on PC? Haven't bought it yet but is GOG the way to go without logging into steam/Epic etc, just want click and play without any third party interface

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Definitely recommend GOG if you are a fan of CD Project Red games & DRM-free in general, but Steam will be fine as well.

Preload on GOG starts Mon 7th Dec at 11am, Steam is a bit later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

steam pre DL is at 4pm..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Any advice on must watch videos to get me started.? I have an awful habit in RPGs of starting again as my build is not min/max optimal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Any advice on must watch videos to get me started.? I have an awful habit in RPGs of starting again as my build is not min/max optimal.
    Reviews arent out until ~5pm GMT today so tips will follow in the next day or so.

Hoping this reviews well, absolutely loved Witcher 3.

And it launches Wednesday night (Thursday morning?) at midnight? Might get some beers and snacks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,900 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I bought from GOG, first time ever using GOG.

I used it because CD PROJEKT RED get 100% of the sales compared to Steam etc

Anyone know when the preload starts on GOG?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Headshot wrote: »

Anyone know when the preload starts on GOG?

Already started.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Already started.

Where do I preload it :o

I got the email from GOG with a Download link and I click "Get Code" and the code isnt available until 10th of December

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where do I preload it :o

I got the email from GOG with a Download link and I click "Get Code" and the code isnt available until 10th of December

I'm using the GOG Galaxy client, not sure is there a way to download it without that. Though since it's DRM free I would have thought there would be.

Cannot wait to get stuck in to this. Will be going with my usual RPG build of lashing loads on points into Charisma and Lockpicking. :D

And it launches Wednesday night (Thursday morning?) at midnight? Might get some beers and snacks in.
    Correct, after Wednesday midnight
    I got a key on cdkeys, hoping will have it before its live( usually end up having the damn thing downloaded at 2am for midnight releases :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Preload on GOG is only available through GOG Galaxy, offline installers will be available after launch.

Anyone try to run it?

Try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've 100+ games on there but don't buy from GOG anymore. Gonna get CP on Steam for the proton compatibility feature.

I've 100+ games on there but don't buy from GOG anymore. Gonna get CP on Steam for the proton compatibility feature.

The what now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The what now? :)

Steam games working on Linux far as I know.

Have this preordered on GOG anyway. Can't wait.

Worrying i've read it's full of bugs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Worrying i've read it's full of bugs :/

There's a 40gb patch or something coming on day 1 I read, dunno if the preview versions included it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I've not regretted my decision a few years ago to place trust in long form games and my steam backlog, and give games a good 6 months+ to settle in, maybe allow me to pick them up with DLC bundled. That's how I got the Witcher 3, and it seems like I missed a fair bit of shenanigans and perhaps got a more definitive experience of the game than I would have at launch.

It's one thing if you don't want to "miss the boat" with multiplayer, but for a narrative-focused game, patience would appear to be a virtue.

It'll give me time to get a decent graphics card as well. I've gotten good service out of my R9 Fury, but I think this sort of thing will be a bridge too far. It'll probably run it, but not at the 1440p*60 high quality settings that I'd want to do it justice.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    I've not regretted my decision a few years ago to place trust in long form games and my steam backlog, and give games a good 6 months+ to settle in, maybe allow me to pick them up with DLC bundled. That's how I got the Witcher 3, and it seems like I missed a fair bit of shenanigans and perhaps got a more definitive experience of the game than I would have at launch.

It's one thing if you don't want to "miss the boat" with multiplayer, but for a narrative-focused game, patience would appear to be a virtue.

It'll give me time to get a decent graphics card as well. I've gotten good service out of my R9 Fury, but I think this sort of thing will be a bridge too far. It'll probably run it, but not at the 1440p*60 high quality settings that I'd want to do it justice.
    I bought the witcher on day 1, cant say i had any game breaking bugs, but it had several patches during my playthrough(cos the game takes ages to finish - good thing)
    Im expecting the worst for cyberpunk but as long as there are no CTD, save game corruptions or dead end bugs on release ill be happy.
    Any of those and ill hold out for a few months before playing properly.

just got my key from CDkeys.com, preloading now :)

lmimmfn wrote: »
    just got my key from CDkeys.com, preloading now :)

My Key is not recongised on GOG, great 1st transaction with CD Keys......

Just email them and they'll refund or send another one.

Ive loads of games from CDKeys and never had an activation issue( i just mean theyre generally quite good ), but yes contact them and they'll sort you. Sometimes it can be difficult to read the key and you need to replace the letter O with number 0 or l(L) with 1 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

You didnt accidentally buy a Steam key?

gibgodsman wrote: »
    You didnt accidentally buy a Steam key?

CDKeys are only selling GOG keys.

Nvidia game ready drivers are supposedly available now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nvidia game ready drivers are supposedly available now.

Yep just checked now and they are downloading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Advertisement