Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I am! Stuck in a meeting at work though so by the time I was able to get to the website, within 15 mins of the twitter post, it was already out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Great idea @kuang1 ! I will gladly take one from you, it is for my son and definitely not for re-sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

According to the guy on Twitter, Curry's made a mistake (don't faint with surprise!!) and didn't sell ANY!!!!

So the drop will have to happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I'd avoid adverts or reselling and just buy for your friends and family, people you know who actually need one.

You'll be causing yourself a world of pain when someone you sell to keeps on annoying you a few months down the road saying thier little Jimmy say the PS5 is glitchy or the controller doesn't work.... Complaining they can't get a refund from the shop because they only refund to the buyers card.

Not to mention scalpers will have multiple profiles, the poor mouth begging one and the one they resell stuff on.

IMHO just take care of you and yours. By buying stuff you don't really need you could also be denying a genuine user a chance of getting a PS5 only to unwittingly sell to a scalper.

I got mine and a few for the nephews/niece's and I'll be stopping at that.

And not to be bad but people are plenty tech savvy these days. Anyone who's looking for a PS5 will need to set up online profiles to use it , if they can do that then they'll be more than able to set up Twitter and reserve/buy online. Those saying they're not tech savvy is either too lazy to learn or talking BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Yeah disagree with you there.

The fact that these things aren't physically on the shelves anywhere makes it v challenging for a cohort out there. Maybe nobody you know personally, but there are plenty of parents out there who are either not tech savvy, too busy with work/caring for elderly relatives, not on twitter or boards.

You're entitled to feel that it's their tough sh1t but I don't feel that way.

As for the aggro? Well outweighed by the satisfaction of helping someone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Stick them up for 650 or 700 and when the person shows up to buy it just charge them cost price

😊😊😊

Made me laugh! Love the idea but not sure I'd have the balls!

Money back in my account from currys.

Fair play to you, but I think you're a being a little naive. I seen it first hand myself when selling two of my GPU's when I upgraded on my PC. GPU's are highly in demand even more so than PS5 , crypto miners buying everything for double the retail price. I sold 2 used GPU"s for a reasonable price, I wanted to sell to gamers, not scalpers or crypto miners. I sold them below what the "market value" was but at a what I thought was a "moral" price. First one was back up on adverts the following day under a different user name, second one the following week with the same user. Both sold for double the price I sold them at. To say I felt like a fool is an understatement, but I learned adverts is full of touts and scammers. I didn't make that mistake again a few months later when I upgraded and sold on another set of GPU'S.

The suggestion above is actually a very good one , advertise at "market value" and sell for retail , you'll ward off scalpers and make someone very happy.

Post edited by Confused11811 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,565 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I was given a code for Argos Carlow, ending today, but I can't make it as had an incident this morning so not possible to get down now.

If anyone can make use of it PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sage4me

Hi Leroy42,

I can make it down today as I live in Carlow and am literally 5 minutes from Argot. If it is still available. I would take it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I agree with this. I spent weeks looking for one without success until I saw that guy's twitter on this thread. I wasn't even on twitter but joined to follow that page. Turn on notifications and away you go. If you don't buy within the first 10 - 20 minutes of receiving the notifications then you will miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewbiePs5

I’ve two reservation numbers for Liffey valley , I didn’t get a text to say they were in but if someone lives out that way they can chance their arm at the kiosk, they are only from Monday til Wednesday so out of date this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewbiePs5

Both codes given out!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Housefree

I've never been scammed off Adverts, most people are honest on it

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭bdmc16

Genuine buyers are more than capable of buying PS5 as well and while I applaud the sentiment you are only making it harder for genuine people as well buying up what you don’t need.

I’ve actually seen ads on adverts after the Argos drop from people who said they would leave the ad up for cost (499.99) for 2 hours and then decide from all the offers of asking who gets it. Like seriously it was full of poor people begging these white knights to choose them as if someone “deserves “ it the most.

Please dont buy PS5 you don’t need - you are adding to the problem depriving genuine people and this getting to deciding who gets in the end it is cringing worthy to watch on adverts.

Thanks for the contribution, but I'll stay as I am ta.

I won't be involving adverts in any of this. I've all PS5s allocated in the last few hours to friends of friends and a colleague so job done.

And I absolutely will continue to try to buy more in the next couple of weeks.

Depriving genuine people? Ehhhh... Very interesting gymnastics done to arrive at that conclusion fair play to you.

Tell you what I will do for you though, I'll shut my smug, white Knight mouth from here on and leave you to it. Have the last word if you like, coz this is my last contribution to this thread.

Be safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Ah, so this is another reason why I'm struggling to get one. Fascinating cruscade you're on there, kuang.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,565 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

TBF, he is not taking any stock from anyone. He is simply booking stock for those not able to do it themselves (not everyone can spend all day watching twitter and scanning boards!)

He isn't stockpiling, or scalping. So if his friend gets one through him, or through their own endeavours, what difference does it make?

I wouldn't do it, not too often anyway, for the reasons people listed, but fair play I say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Let's keep this thread for stock updates only please folks. Debating the morality of / defending the practice of 'robin hood' stockpiling doesn't help anyone in this thread find a PS5, so let's stick to its main purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I have a code for Argos for a disc one that was supposed to come into stock between Tuesday and today. I haven't had a text to say it's there though so it's likely to be one of the ones that hasn't been allocated a unit. I've pre-ordered things before with Argos and I know the drill so I'd say it's more likely you won't get one using this code.

However if anyone is near the Drogheda store and wants the code to give it a try let me know. I'd advise going straight to the self service unit to see if you get it that way.

I managed to get a digital one in the last Smyths drop on Monday which is really what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

I've got a disc version for Argos Portlaoise.

I never received the text that it was in stock but just got the reminder text to collect it before 19:00 today.

First to PM can have it.

Edit: Code gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oneoneone123

If anyone has a spare reservation code for around the Midlands I would really appreciate it. Laois, Offaly, Kilkenny, Kildare, Tipperary. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Was anyone on the Smyths online drop on Monday - got a confirmation e-mail - no money taken out yet - any idea when it will be available - it was click and collect - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah I got it in smyths swords. Chap working there said they got 5 in stock in that drop. Got the collection txt at 9.23 Monday morning looking at it there. Think bought it at 8.28 or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

So you got yours on Monday morning? I pre-ordered Monday morning at 8.44 and got the confirmation pre-order e-mail and haven't heard anything since. Any idea when I'll get mine? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Go onto the Smyths website and pick the one you bought ie disc or digital. It says on that page on a purple tagline when they expect to fulfil the orders. You'll get a message when it's ready to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

See comment above that's when you should get your one mentioned by Pipmae. I checked my email and it was 8.39 when I pre ordered it in swords store and 9.23 I got the txt and email to collect same. Like I said they only got 5 into store that morning chap in there said staff knew nothing about them coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Darwin

Is it possible to buy a PS5 from anywhere that preferably hasn't been dropped :)

Advertisement