Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Will smyths be getting anymore in before xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Can i walk in and pre order any time? I live an hr away from my nearest store

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

No. You could have done this first thing yesterday morning but that ship has sailed now. If you’re not near a store your best chance is to snag one in an online drop. There’s rumoured to be some more of those coming up this month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

No. Smyths have 2 ways of obtaining a PS5: The first is in-store pre-orders. For a limited time you can walk into a store and pre-order one with a €20 deposit and you get a call a week later to collect your console. As far as I know this has only happened 2 or 3 times this year, the most recent being yesterday and you pretty much have to be there at opening time to be sure of one. If there is another round of pre-orders this year, it will probably only happen once.

The second way is online pre-orders. There is no deposit for this, they will charge you the full amount within a couple of days when the PS5 ships. You have to be lightning fast as these go within minutes. There is supposed to be one of these drops in the next few days. If you want to give yourself the best chance, create a smyths account, save your card details by pre-ordering then cancelling an item, and then follow the twitter account mentioned numerous times in the last few pages. Set an email notification and as soon as you see the post, order it on Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

GAME in the UK will have an online drop some time next week. They do not deliver to Rep of Ireland but will deliver to Northern Ireland and a click-and-collect service is available.

Again, I’d advise that people follow the verified Twitter account PS5 Stock UK to keep updated of the exact timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

ShopTo.net has an online drop right now. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Very.co.uk has stock in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

PS5s in Argos. Walk in only!! Check stock and pay at kiosk. Online will NOT show stock.

Just picked one up with no prior reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I called them ( West end ) - no stock.

I went to Liffey Valley.

If you're close to any Argos call in, they may be advised to tell customers who call on phone that there is no stock (to avoid a stampede).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Picked up 2 from Argos this afternoon. One for me and one for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Gamestop online drop around 2pm today

like should be here:

https://www.gamestop.ie/ps5-console-bundles

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

All gone, I was in the que 20 minutes and got moved to a out of stock page instead.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got one into my cart but couldn't get it through quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Had it in my basket came up when hit home delivery out of stock

Same had logged into my account as well and was hitting home address and then out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I got all the way to checkout and I bailed. It's the digital one I want not the disc so I decided to hang in there for digital stock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I hope ye get sorted folks. That PS5 Ireland reckons they have info on another drop this evening so follow that if you're not already. I got lucky and was able to get into Smyths for the pre order a few weeks back but it's so tough trying to get one at the moment.

I say they might have 1 more drop before Xmas but that will be it I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

PS5 Ireland says he has more news tonight. Had the Paypal details filled out and it bailed on me at 2:05 ffs.

Funny how GameStop had a waiting list in store for orders (which people jumped to get their names on to according to Twitter), but somehow largely ignored this and released stock online instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Managed to bag myself one during that Gamestop drop today 😁

Anyone struggling to get one should add their address and card details (if possible) to the likes of Gamestop and Smyths before the next batch of consoles is released. The extra few seconds saved will give improve your slim chances. I read a lot of incidents of people not doing so today and missing out as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Another Gamestop online drop sometime next week according to PS5 Ireland on Twitter. Same bundles as today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Post deleted. No selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

For those people who preordered the console during the summer or earlier.

There are ps5's available on Gamestops website.

You are required to purchase Fifa 22 as well as the console.

You will also need a Coupon/Code (given to you when you preordered) to entere to allow the transaction to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Has anyone here had any experience of getting a PS5 "used like new" from amazon warehouse ? I actually managed to buy one today from amazon UK. I gotten lots of stuff from amazon warehouse before and never had an issue but just checking if anyone here had gotten the PS5 from them.

It seems to me that all the recent amazon UK drop have been "used like new" I'm wondering if they are refurbished units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Didn't get a PS5 but got a PS4 from the warehouse before and it was perfect - only thing that was wrong with it was the outer cardboard sleeve the console comes in was missing. Never had any issues with that console.

Advertisement